Career Officer
# 11
10-08-2012, 08:46 AM
To be honest, I was really hoping for a better MVAM with this console.

How wrong was I!!

Lasted exactly 10 minutes on my Mobius before I threw it into my inventory/bank never to be used again.

Just proves that despite the costs involved with these ships, they are more useless than the cstore versions!

My MVAM would run rings around the Manheim Device sadly....
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
To be honest, I was really hoping for a better MVAM with this console.

How wrong was I!!

Lasted exactly 10 minutes on my Mobius before I threw it into my inventory/bank never to be used again.

Just proves that despite the costs involved with these ships, they are more useless than the cstore versions!

My MVAM would run rings around the Manheim Device sadly....
Like I say... remove the damage-received component from the device and booyah, Mobius console > MVAE console. I'm not holding my breath though...
Career Officer
# 13
10-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan81 View Post
Like I say... remove the damage-received component from the device and booyah, Mobius console > MVAE console. I'm not holding my breath though...
That's a good point - and one I've wondered about before.

There isn't any need for the duplicates to take damage when the console is activated. It could easily have had a latent ability that, when active, keeps the duplicates slightly out of phase with normal space-time, leaving them much more difficult to damage (though I think invincible would be too much).
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Instead of asking the question "Why are players doing this?"

The question being asked is, "How do we stop players from doing this?"
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
That's a good point - and one I've wondered about before.

There isn't any need for the duplicates to take damage when the console is activated. It could easily have had a latent ability that, when active, keeps the duplicates slightly out of phase with normal space-time, leaving them much more difficult to damage (though I think invincible would be too much).
If anything, it should be a mechanic where any damage you take is cut by a third, and the remaining 2/3rds split to your quantum duplicates. That way it has a built-in damage-taken reduction, versus a damage-taken increase (which let's be honest, wtf sense does that make?).
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-08-2012, 09:53 AM
I can see the sense of the damage travel, I think that that mechanic, whilst a bit hard, makes sense in relation to what the item does, but it needs to be adjusted to make it reasonable.
Captain
# 16
10-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Doesn't the console effectively give a 1/3 damage reduction except for AoE attacks where it doubles that damage done to you? Not sure about team settings since things get complicated, but in a solo setting, you will be hit by every single successful attack made by the npcs. PvP is complicated depending on how observant or lucky they are. Of course, there are pets to reduce damage, but that applies to other ships. With the console, you increase your firepower by 3 since you have 2 ships that are duplicates of your ship and one duplicate that deals no damage to you when hit. Only problems with the console is AoE attacks and grabbing more aggro while in a team.
Ensign
# 17
10-08-2012, 10:32 AM
These replies are so frustrating to read because no one seems to understand just HOW bad the Manheim console really is (aside from darkenzedd).

This is an expensive console with a huge 5-minute cooldown, the effect needs to be very powerful in order to justify that. The in-game description says it "triples your firepower" by creating two doubles... if only this were the case.

The two ships created are horrible. It takes 5 seconds into the effect before they actually start attacking, and then you realize they aren't true duplicates - equipped with stock weapons (two beams, a dual cannon, torpedo, and tractor beam 1, as far as I can tell). Worse, they are AI-controlled, meaning they are of little help when active - hardly worthy of a 5-minute CD.

Of course that isn't real problem with the Manheim effect, it's that the game claims it provides a 1/3 chance to reduce damage (if your future ship is targeted), but in reality, the past ship's damage transferring to you makes this console a enormous liability instead of a benefit. Any AoE skill will eat you alive by dealing double damage, and your past ship itself crumbles under direct fire. I've seen it go down in 5 seconds in STFs and take me down right with it (and just try it in PvP...). The worst was when the AI-piloted past ship flew into a borg cube explosion, and I watched hopelessly as I was instantly destroyed.

There is no reason at all for damage to transfer to the user from one of the terrible AI ships, it makes the console unusable! Please re-work the console that it's actually useful.
Lieutenant
# 18
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
I learned the hard way that using that console in a swarm is as effective has hitting the self-destruct button. Maybe if the enemy ships paid attention to who's catching all the aggro instead of blasting me-from-ten-seconds-ago to kingdom come, it would be useful. Right now, I only use it for probe cleaning in STF's or with a very small number of ships. Anything else is just asking for death.
Captain
# 19
10-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Does it not occur to any of you that the Manheim was supposed to be used at the same time as the Tipler? Its not just the set bonus only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 20
10-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Does it not occur to any of you that the Manheim was supposed to be used at the same time as the Tipler? Its not just the set bonus only.
Not really because the ship doesn't come with both

It's badly designed and needs some TLC, I'll probably be removing it which is a shame as I love the fracture spacetime bubble it makes as a set.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html