Commander
# 11
10-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah, it's definately a mystery as to how the procs work in this game. The doffs I'm testing don't act that way, but they do seem to proc two and three times more than 9.6% and .8%. You don't suppose the system is adding and giving each of them a 60% chance to proc do you?

1proc=78.4%
2proc=43.2%(I think)
3proc=21.6%

I've done no controlled testing, but doesn't getting hit with VM buffed by three doffs feel like it procs closer to these percentages? Having at least one proc should happen less often than not, yet I find it rarely doesn't proc at least one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Yeah, it's definately a mystery as to how the procs work in this game. The doffs I'm testing don't act that way, but they do seem to proc two and three times more than 9.6% and .8%. You don't suppose the system is adding and giving each of them a 60% chance to proc do you?

1proc=78.4%
2proc=43.2%(I think)
3proc=21.6%

I've done no controlled testing, but doesn't getting hit with VM buffed by three doffs feel like it procs closer to these percentages? Having at least one proc should happen less often than not, yet I find it rarely doesn't proc at least one.
Ah, well some Procs occur on a tick basis. I believe VM is one of those. There are several "ticks" that occur over a time period and each "tick" has a chance. For example: Sub system attacks with a beam has 4 beam hits and each has a sub system attack chance. Therefore 4 ticks. BFI I believe has a similar "tick".
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
Ah, well some Procs occur on a tick basis. I believe VM is one of those. There are several "ticks" that occur over a time period and each "tick" has a chance. For example: Sub system attacks with a beam has 4 beam hits and each has a sub system attack chance. Therefore 4 ticks. BFI I believe has a similar "tick".
Interestingly enough, 4 ticks on a doff with 20% nominal proc rate will give a effective proc rate of 59% for said doff. If i had to guess though, I would say maybe it rolls once for each eligible subsystem, which would be 3 "ticks" for the doff. This would give an effective proc rate of 48.8%. Assuming any individual doff could only proc once for simplicity, this would give a 86.58% change of at least one proc occurring, with the following breakdown:

0 Procs: 13.42%
1 Proc: 38.38%
2 Procs: 36.58%
3 Procs: 11.62%