Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
The odd thing with this is:

The only time any team i've ever been on has beaten the optional at all is if you have somong go into the room straight away and then take the nodes out as you go. It's by far the faster solutuion and the only one i've seen work. Frankly i've given up on ever getting the optional on any of the ground STF's though, the ground STF's are in need of a huge overhaul tbh. Tthen again i can't think of a single ground mission thats well thought out so...
I have never seen this method work. I have gotten the optional on this STF (on elite) many many times using the standard (clear borg first, then start doing generators) method. Its not hard at all.

If you want to try it with this alternate method, YOU NEED TO COMMUNICATE THIS TO THE GROUP BEFORE HAND AND HAVE THEM AGREE WITH IT.

Failure to communicate your intentions to the rest of the group will result in disaster and your group mates wanting to lynch you (as noted by the OP). Make certain you have their acceptance BEFORE you go charging into the control room. Otherwise you will more than likely get called lots of unpleasant things, and put on people's ignore list for nothing more than lack of communication. This would be unfortunate.

What works for you, may not work for others. Try to be flexible, as others may not be.

The instance is easy...I am dismayed that people are still unable to finish the optional on this one...it is by far, the easiest of the STFs.

___
Captain
# 12
10-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Well duh, of course yopu need to let them know whats going on. Ironiclly the one time i've actually got the optional there was when i was so new all i could do was run around after everyone and shoot what they told me to shoot :p.
Captain
# 13
10-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Would away team and shard of possibilities be best inside the control room as you hit the shield console? Clean up the rest while you go back to the control console?
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Would away team and shard of possibilities be best inside the control room as you hit the shield console? Clean up the rest while you go back to the control console?
For the control room, if you are a tactical, the shard and security teams are ok, but can create a traffic hazard of randomly roving drones. Once your security guys/shard duplicates leave, you now have drones potentially scattered around. The redshirts usually don't have the hitting power to kill a drone before the inevitable happens. Remember that the drones have a high chance for melee knockdown.

Plasma grenades are great here, since borg don't like being on fire, the drones will move away from the plasma fire. This will allow you easy access to the shield control pylon that controls the extend shield shutoff function.

One thing to note, is that pulsewave weapons work really well in here, if you get cornered. High density beam rifles also work well against tightly packed groups.

Remember though, your job is to drop shields and keep them down for the rest of the team to kill the generators...not fight drones, keep moving. Though a few shots with a pulsewave while you are on the move can keep the borg at bay somewhat, and even drop a few.

___
Career Officer
# 15
10-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
The odd thing with this is:

The only time any team i've ever been on has beaten the optional at all is if you have somong go into the room straight away and then take the nodes out as you go. It's by far the faster solutuion and the only one i've seen work. Frankly i've given up on ever getting the optional on any of the ground STF's though, the ground STF's are in need of a huge overhaul tbh. Tthen again i can't think of a single ground mission thats well thought out so...
no, no , no....

Having a guy sitting on his ass in the control room is a waste of resources. When my fleet (usually + one or two pugs) do this, we save the room for last. And during the activation cycle, we don't bother with killing the beamins in the control room or in the main room. Just rush ahead (have a engineer with fabrication kit in the control room. The pets will keep the drones off him). We usually finish the optional with a few minutes to spare. Can't remember the last time we failed it.