Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,686
# 11
10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
A Green Lobi Crystal is completely equal in worth, value and functions exactly the same as the orange ones do. Except that they do not stack with orange ones and are character bound. This would allow Cryptic to keep the Lobi Promos, Players could have their account bound Lobi, and we could have an excuse to have Lobis as incredibly rare drops. Orange ones would still come from Lockboxes and C-Store Doffpacks and be account bound.
+1 to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,006
# 12
10-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
[...]
-Fix Ker'rat, and make more stuff like it. We are at war damnabits! That seems to be the only place in game were people remember that. Also, I would like to have a lvl 50 version of "Into the Fray"... I miss it.
Oh yes! Just fix Ker'rat and add two more zones: One with Fed NPC's instead of the Borg, one with KDF NPC instead of the Borg. That shouldn't be that much work, and would improve the game a lot for it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
# 13
10-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
One of the biggest complaints I have about this game is the decided lack of small "Quality of Life" options should be relatively simple to do.

-Add a secondary accolade to the 200 Day Veteran Reward called "Valued Customer". This do three things: It would give you a special title, enable you to summon the S.S. Azura II without the comm code, and would put the Pre-order items in the Dilithium Store.
you can get the azura II from the Mission no need for this.
as for the pre-order items. no you had to be there
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,499
# 14
10-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
-Increase the the Doff limit. Sure, 400 may seem like a lot, but with the addition of Starbases, and the fact that every. single. lockbox. seems to add new unique doffs, I can see that filling up really quick....
....While we're at it, reduce the cost on the doff expansions a bit. I'd feel better about buying them.

The thing is, if you have 400 DOffs and look into your roster the framerate drops to rock bottom. Just like the Foundry mission selection UI does.
With a roster of 400 it is not uplayable yet, but certainly annoying enough to be noticed.

Any more DOffs than that in the same window and there will be some serious UI problems to address.

Not saying that they shouldn't, just that they probably won't.

I'd be all for more than 400 DOffs,

personally i'm happy for the limit because with 11 Characters that are all at the max of 400 i won't need to spend any more Zen on PER CHAR slots.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,485
# 15
10-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Green lobi is a surprisingly simple yet effective idea. I vote for this wholeheartedly!!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,332
# 16
10-09-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
, enable you to summon the S.S. Azura II without the comm code, (
You Still summon the S.S. Azura II I lost the com code thing during the first days of play by accident and can't say I ever needed it since. As I'm always in reach of a space dock or a bank to put my items in or use a exchange so can't say it was a big loss losing access to something I have never used
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 907
# 17
10-09-2012, 10:56 AM
+10 to green lobi idea
preorder items can still be found search amazon.com for sto collectors edition they were going for $5-10 redeem code from box will show up in ur legacy unlocks account wide btw I can't find the target edition for the tr-116 rifle but obtained most others since feb
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,425
# 18
10-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Green lobi is a surprisingly simple yet effective idea. I vote for this wholeheartedly!!
It requires vendors being able to take an either/or currency as green would be a separate item.

Now, you can have the same item, bound different ways. But you can't have two items that act as an either/or currency.

They would either need to let you trade green for orange before you spend or distinguish between lobi crystals when they allow you to spend. Or make the items account bound.

I think the simplest route would just be to make a script that runs alongside dilithium refinement.

If account = Gold, trade Lobi for account bound Lobi. If account=Silver, trade account bound Lobi for bound Lobi. (Which are the same item in the DB, just bound differently.)

That adds value for Gold and a value lost for dropping gold. It allows Cryptic to keep up per character monetization and the substitute for it is a sub fee.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,022
# 19
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Any more DOffs than that in the same window and there will be some serious UI problems to address.
That's a UI problem, and the UI has far bigger problems than just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
You Still summon the S.S. Azura II I lost the com code thing during the first days of play by accident and can't say I ever needed it since. As I'm always in reach of a space dock or a bank to put my items in or use a exchange so can't say it was a big loss losing access to something I have never used
What part of "Nice little things" in the title of the thread did you miss? I know it's not "Necessary" or "Needed", but would it be nice? Yes, I believe it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
preorder items can still be found search amazon.com for sto collectors edition they were going for $5-10 redeem code from box will show up in ur legacy unlocks account wide btw I can't find the target edition for the tr-116 rifle but obtained most others since feb
Not everyone can or wants too purchase stuff via online (I use the cards), and not everyone likes Amazon.

And don't give me any of that "You had to be there" crap. Not everyone who was there got every one of the preorder versions, and some (Like the Target one...) are very hard to find. Leaving out newcomers, particularly with things that are already made, is bad business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It requires vendors being able to take an either/or currency as green would be a separate item.
Not really, you could have something were the Lobi vendor prioritizes Green Lobis over Orange ones just like how Doff missions that require commodities prioritize the ones in your bank over the ones in your inventory.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,425
# 20
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Not really, you could have something were the Lobi vendor prioritizes Green Lobis over Orange ones just like how Doff missions that require commodities prioritize the ones in your bank over the ones in your inventory.

The database doesn't work like that. If they have different icons/names, they'd be different items in the database.

Vendor UI can't accept alternate forms of payment.

They could have a green Lobi vendor and an orange Lobi vendor as separate vendors.

But you can't have a vendor take item X or item Y as the same kind of currency. They'd have to be separate currencies and they couldn't be mixed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.