Captain
# 21
10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
The database doesn't work like that. If they have different icons/names, they'd be different items in the database.

Vendor UI can't accept alternate forms of payment.

They could have a green Lobi vendor and an orange Lobi vendor as separate vendors.

But you can't have a vendor take item X or item Y as the same kind of currency. They'd have to be separate currencies and they couldn't be mixed.
You know this how? There's no reason to think they couldn't program this in, and the fact that it would make people happier and buy more stuff (I.E. I would ) it would more than make up the effort put into creating this.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 22
10-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
You know this how? There's no reason to think they couldn't program this in, and the fact that it would make people happier and buy more stuff (I.E. I would ) it would more than make up the effort put into creating this.
Well.... I coded MUDs for around ten years. If this kind of tech was non-trivial, the STF vendors wouldn't be such a maze.

They could have playered flagged to have account Lobi or character Lobi. (Your green and orange.) And they could have two store buttons that lead to the green store and the orange store... and one of them is flagged invisible for one set of players and one is flagged invisible for others.

Or you could have green and orange Lobi, which must be traded for purple Lobi and the store takes purple Lobi.

But you can't have green and orange Lobi both recognized as an either/or currency in the same vendor window.
Captain
# 23
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Well.... I coded MUDs for around ten years. If this kind of tech was non-trivial, the STF vendors wouldn't be such a maze.

They could have playered flagged to have account Lobi or character Lobi. (Your green and orange.) And they could have two store buttons that lead to the green store and the orange store... and one of them is flagged invisible for one set of players and one is flagged invisible for others.

Or you could have green and orange Lobi, which must be traded for purple Lobi and the store takes purple Lobi.

But you can't have green and orange Lobi both recognized as an either/or currency in the same vendor window.
I know very little about coding, but I'd think that there would be some sort of "Trigger" that removes the paid currency. Why couldn't a vendor accept two different kinds of triggers or have two items with the same triggers?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 24
10-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I know very little about coding, but I'd think that there would be some sort of "Trigger" that removes the paid currency. Why couldn't a vendor accept two different kinds of triggers or have two items with the same triggers?
Because he's not designed to and because re-designing him to would be like replacing a brick at the bottom of a wall that people had spent two years making higher. This kind of change is why we have the exchange bug.
Captain
# 25
10-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Because he's not designed to and because re-designing him to would be like replacing a brick at the bottom of a wall that people had spent two years making higher. This kind of change is why we have the exchange bug.
I guess that is a valid point (but then again I have no real idea what can and can't be done) but I can't see any reason why the steps to do this should not be taken.

I would like to hear the opinion of a Dev... I wonder what they would think.

Career Officer
# 26
10-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Oh yes, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the lobi were character bound and not account bound. I guess I'll have to keep opening lock boxes on my tac toon. I hope to god that the lobi store ships aren't bound on pickup.