Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Empire Veteran
I don't know how many of you already know this but if you hover your mouse over your fleet credits in your asset tab it will tell you there is a 10,000,000 cap. In the 5-man fleet I'm part of we're about 20-25% through and we each have almost 5 million fleet credits. This means that when our starbase is 50% finished we will hit this cap and not gain any more fleet credits for the contributions we put into the projects. This assumes ofc that we don't start to buy any of the crap that is offered for fleet credits at this point. Is this the final stab in the back for small fleets or is Cryptic willing to either remove this cap or give us something useful to spend our fleet credits on?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealfluffy View Post
I don't know how many of you already know this but if you hover your mouse over your fleet credits in your asset tab it will tell you there is a 10,000,000 cap. In the 5-man fleet I'm part of we're about 20-25% through and we each have almost 5 million fleet credits. This means that when our starbase is 50% finished we will hit this cap and not gain any more fleet credits for the contributions we put into the projects. This assumes ofc that we don't start to buy any of the crap that is offered for fleet credits at this point. Is this the final stab in the back for small fleets or is Cryptic willing to either remove this cap or give us something useful to spend our fleet credits on?
Ah. fleet credits... do you really need that many? There is cool stuff buyable in the store... if only Operational Assets are for you, they are still worth the purchase.

Or buy fleet mark bonuses.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-09-2012, 02:12 AM
A FLEET-credit increase? Don't think that is what you mean.

Well... then I won't feel as bad anymore to dump loads of FC into buying lots of doffs.
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Yes, the doffs are probably worth buying with the current excessive need for them and the FM boosts I'm already buying but right now I earn more FMs than I can spend. I just wanted to make people aware of this cap since there are so many small fleets out there and they already feel badly treated from the fleet starbase system. I'll have to take a closer look at the assets to see if I can find something useful there. Thanks for the tip.
Rihannsu
# 5
10-09-2012, 02:26 AM
I fail to see how it will kill small fleets in any way, shape or form.

if you get to the point where you have 10'000'000 credits sitting on your character and have not spent any then why would you care how many you have as you clearly dont use them. 10 million, 100 millions. its all the same if you dont spend them.

even if you start using them you still have 10 million to play with and then you can earn more.

if anything small fleets should be spending their credits buying fleet mark boosts to increase their fleet marks won, and buying doffs from the doff vendor to help starbase production. by not spending fleet credits you are probably taking a lot longer than you should be to make the starbase.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 6
10-09-2012, 02:32 AM
As others have said, it is a necessity to purchase Fleet Mark Boosts and Doffs with Fleet Credits for small fleets. The only other option for them is purchase doffs through the exchange.
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I fail to see how it will kill small fleets in any way, shape or form.

if you get to the point where you have 10'000'000 credits sitting on your character and have not spent any then why would you care how many you have as you clearly dont use them. 10 million, 100 millions. its all the same if you dont spend them.

even if you start using them you still have 10 million to play with and then you can earn more.

if anything small fleets should be spending their credits buying fleet mark boosts to increase their fleet marks won, and buying doffs from the doff vendor to help starbase production. by not spending fleet credits you are probably taking a lot longer than you should be to make the starbase.
Yes, I tend to agree with you and it might not be a problem at all. My main concern was that people weren't aware of the cap. Personally I want to buy the elite space weapons but they aren't available until Eng T5 so I will be collecting credits until then. The thing is when I hit the cap I will get nothing for the huge amounts of requirements I put into the projects and I assume (possibly wrongly) that I'm not alone in this situation.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Basically what others have said: It might discourage some individuals, but in your case at least, the fact is you've already amassed far more than you'll ever spend. Right now you could buy 20 fleet ships, fully equip them all, and not even burn half of what you have. Or skip the fleet modules and you could still buy 20 non-fleet ships, fully equip them all, and while you'd be broke you'd still have bought more things than you could reasonably expect to get use out of.

The situation you're already in isn't any different than when you hit the cap. You're burning resources you won't meaningfully get back for the sake of progression. And progression will keep fleets going.
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-09-2012, 06:50 AM
I fail to see any issue with this credit cap. Since fleet credits have no value you don't need 10m. If it had any use you wouldn't have 10m anyway.
Career Officer
# 10
10-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Is there anything you buy with FCs you can sell for EC?