Commander
# 1 Latest Patch Notes
10-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Updated Bridge Officer Abilities:

Reduced shared cooldown on Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field and Auxiliary to Inertial Dampers from 15sec to 10sec.
Shared cooldown on multiple copies of Auxiliary to Inertial Dampers reduced from 20sec to 10sec.
Auxiliary to Emergency Battery moved from Battery cooldown to Auxiliary Power cooldown
It now shares a 10sec timer with Auxiliary to Inertial Dampers and Auxiliary to Structural Integrity.
Emergency Power to Shields has been added to the cooldown category shared by Extend Shields and Reverse Shield Polarity.
The shared cooldown between Directed Energy Modulation and Aceton Field has been removed.
The shared cooldown between Polarize Hull and Hazard Emitters has been removed.
The shared cooldown between Mask Energy Signature, Jam Sensors and Charged Particle Burst has been removed.
This also affects Antimatter Spread and Photonic Displacement consoles.
Removed Tachyon Beam and Energy Siphon from shared cooldown formerly shared with Tyken's Rift and Gravity Well.
The latter two will remain on a shared cooldown.
The shared cooldown between Viral Matrix and Scramble Sensors has been removed.
The shared cooldown between Photonic Officer and Photonic Shockwave has been removed.

This looks as though there's been a lot of buffs to hull tanking, and incidentally an indirect nerf to runabouts. Now, you can polarize and still hazard out to someone as a healer. Just one of the things I extrapolated from this patch.

I'm at work, can someone clarify the one about EPTS cool down jargon?

The removal of shared CD on Viral and Scramble is troublesome though. If your aux is offline, no matter how many points you have sensors you're not going to see anything in the event your aux is under the effects of viral matrix. Provided scramble bug gets fixed, this will prove to be a deadly mix for sci-sci captains.

I think they're indirectly addressing the fleet weapons being crap issue by enhancing the method of killing a target with such devastating science ability combo effects. (Matteo is probably very happy today lol)

I hope everyone is doing well. Let's hear some other thoughts we can take back to our camps to try out.

-PaxOttomana of TRH

Last edited by paxottoman; 10-10-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
The "weekly PvP update thread" has a very big discussion about this going on.

But I would suggest to just wait and try it out how all these changes affect gameplay.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Commander
# 3
10-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
The "weekly PvP update thread" has a very big discussion about this going on.

But I would suggest to just wait and try it out how all these changes affect gameplay.
Oh my bad, I didn't see it. Thanks.