Empire Veteran
hi

I need a recommendation, i am a sci cap, which ship recommend for me? (i have 3 months that i no played sto)

I bought the next ship in the past:
- Caitan Carrior (atrox)
- Galaxy X (dreadnought)

or somo other ship for my sci cap... i usually roll playing about support/debuffs

Thanks in advanced for your help
Career Officer
# 2
10-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsudo View Post
hi

I need a recommendation, i am a sci cap, which ship recommend for me? (i have 3 months that i no played sto)

- Caitan Carrior (atrox)
- Galaxy X (dreadnought)

or somo other ship for my sci cap... i usually roll playing about support/debuffs

The Atrox would be the better option; it's a sci ship for one, so you get the inherent 'subsystem targeting abilities' and you'll find the fighters useful.

Galaxy-X is probably more powerful, but it's arguable that this is a huge advantage for a sci character.

Both ships turn about as fast as the Kremlin, so no advantages in terms of speed.

Personally I feel you'd be better off with something like the Recon Science vessel or, if you have C-points that are burning a hole in your pocket, the Intrepid Retrofit with the ablative armor console. And if you are in a fleet with a high enough tier starbase, the Fleet science ships are definitely worth a look. When I'm not using my Wells class I use the Fleet Nova class and I LOVE it.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-09-2012, 08:25 AM
For a debuffer/healer the atrox is probably the best sci ship. You'll have a hard time getting that front 90 on target but that's what tractor beams are for.

Just get the Doff's to help maximize tac team 1 and fill your engineering slots with self heals: EPTS1, RSP1, Aux2Str2 then it should work well. I don't know what Debuffs you're planning on using but check out the threads in the PVP forums to get some good advice on the current state of sci powers. I'll tell you that TBR seems to be one of the best sci powers available right now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsudo View Post
hi

- Caitan Carrior (atrox)
- Galaxy X (dreadnought)

I wouldn't do either. My recommendations, if it's a C-Store ship you want:

- for sci-sci, go with a Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit, they are (supposedly) pretty awesome. I don't have one, because all of my sci-sci needs are filled up by the standard Tier 5 ships that are available and I don't do sci-sci except during flark events
- for tac-sci, get a MVAE. It supports good DPS, you can toss out heals/debuffs (depending on your boff assignments), and I've found it personally provides a large level of utility.

If you can afford it, the new temporal ships (Wells for sci-sci and Destroyer for tac-sci) are absolutely awesomeballs.