Survivor of Romulus
# 11
10-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
You don't GET dilithium for the assignment. You spend unrefined and get refined.

It's a way of bypassing the cap if you routinely get over 8k ore in a day.
for the 1k extra a day for vets? hmm not worth the 800 day length imo lol

if you do the Turn over contraband assignment you get 2k dil in 5 hours time

200k ec = 5 contraband = 2k dil in 5 hours. but, you can get more in much less time doing pvp (1440 per set of 3 rounds) or stfs (480 for normal and 1100 for elite) lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Community Moderator
# 12
10-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Let me just add, I don't see why I should believe that the minimum Dilithium return on Zen should be considered a barometer of a healthy game.

25 Dil per Zen is the minimum where 500 Dil per Zen is the maximum, and either extreme should rather indicate that the game economy is seriously out-of-whack.

Doesn't that kind of exchange rate really only benefit those people who can devote hours to grinding the game and don't want to pay?

Do we really expect players to be able to claim 320 "Free" Zen per day? Over 9000 Zen per month? That's what the math works out to. Are people really pumping that much Zen into the Exchange every day?

I'm not advocating P2W here. I would just like to see some equity for casual players like me who have limited time and pay out the equivalent of a monthly sub every month.

I simply have this odd notion that my cash ought to have more buying power.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 10-09-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
10-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I once tweeted brandon about what CO is doing, and if STO would get it also the doubling dill refine cap.. simple answer @un#$%@ no plans for that at this time

Asked for this on the 3th of october
Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.

Last edited by baracura28; 10-09-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 14
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I'll just go on record now saying that I will never

Yes, Dilithium represents people playing the game, sort of. If you equate grinding specific content over and over with playing. I for one can't get anywhere near the 8k cap per day on even one of my characters, let alone all of them.

You can max daily dilithium limit in 1 hour
Captain
# 15
10-09-2012, 04:01 PM
HOW, i sure as hell can't not reliably anyway. a bit of luck on STF drops and it's done, but otherwise, nah.
Career Officer
# 16
10-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I do believe it is time for a increase - free increase to 16k for LT and incremental or full increase to 16k via the z-store just like with the EC raise option.

As Spock would say: "It's only logical Captain."
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Yea i agree it realy need to increase, i know alot of you are worried it would devalue it but realy i thin a majority of the players would rather it be devaulued some and help out with the amount of dilithium its gonna take at T3 T4 T5 on the star bases alone and that isnt including all the other area we need the dilithium ,ie, ship , weapons, shield personal and ship, armor, deflectors, engines and so on and so on. how m uch it should increase well i leave that up to there experts.
Career Officer
# 18
10-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
HOW, i sure as hell can't not reliably anyway. a bit of luck on STF drops and it's done, but otherwise, nah.
Doff Mission Contraband turn it 2000
Doff Mission Colonists 500(crit 1500)
Officer Reports 1400
SFA daily 480

so that is 4380 with no work

then
Mineing 400 (to 800)
1 Elite STF 1100
Btran daily 1440
Exploration Daily 1440
Defence Contract 480

that give you 9240 dil per day with ~1 hour worth of play time

It is nothing for me to pull 16k a day from just keeping my Doff Missions up while chatting in Doffjobs or fleet chat on my main

Now on my KDF and Fed alt, some time they hit there daily cap but most of the time they dont unless i am trying to grind on them for Fleet weapons or what ever

...my point is It is dead simple to max refinement cap, i would love to see it bumped to 16k (maybe the 1100 vet reward?) so i can burn down this backlog on my main, sitting somewhere around 30k ATM
Career Officer
# 19
10-10-2012, 03:24 AM
You have to think smarter not harder!

My daily Dilithium refinement cap is 136,000. I get and refine 24,480 Dilithium in about 40 minutes per day. I could get another 8,160 Dilithium with about 30 minutes more of work. But 24k is enough for me.

That is not even half of what you could do. You could have a cap of 392,000 and make 94,080 in about 4 hours. with 2450 Fleet Marks.

Also right now I get 850 Fleet Marks per day in those 40 minutes.

Last edited by queue38; 10-10-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-10-2012, 06:55 AM
Bluegeek,

The Dilithium/Zen exchange rate is little more than a health barometer for the ingame economy. While it is true it is good for Cryptic to have Dilithium exchange value lower, it's not always true.

I believe we see the ingame economy suffer recession type effects when the exchange rate falls below 150, and we see huge economic booms occur when the exchange trades above 170. I'll put together a segment when time allows for this economic discussion for STOked or Jupiter Station in the near future, but for now I would suggest things are healthy and you are in no danger of seeing the purchasing power of Zen diminish anytime soon.