Rihannsu
# 51
10-12-2012, 02:23 AM
I got to 800 days not long ago (though thanks to the last patch I now have access to all the veteran rewards as I am a lifer) and went to the Romulan officer at the ST Academy to refine that measly extra 1K dilithium, only to be sorely disappointed when I found out that it is a 2-day-long doff assignment. In disgust, I wandered off never intending to actually use that DOFF mission. How about making it 2,000 dilith per day instead of 1K per 2 days (assuming there's no cooldown on top of that)?

Granted, I have 5 lvl 50 characters, plus 2 more at lower levels and 1 or 2 more characters planned for the future, so it's not that big an issue for me, but...

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Career Officer
# 52
10-12-2012, 03:19 AM
Yes I have 17 toons.

I know some people don't like all the alts but it is the fastest way.
Day one I login and claim the ?Investigate Officer Reports? I don?t do the mission just claim it. (about 1 minute)

Day two I login and search for ?Pie? to get all 3 ?Easy as Pie? missions. Then staying on that page I claim the missions, do them and claim them again, move to the tab to finish ?Investigate Officer Reports? and if you stay on the screen pop up it will rest and you can claim ?Investigate Officer Reports? again. Then just do it again. (about 2 minutes)

So for less than 30 minutes (average) a day I get. 24480 refined Dil, 850 Fleet Marks, and XP.

Now I could very easily do the test daily while I am at SFA and all the doff recruiting missions. And sometimes I do.

A note the daily test can also be claimed one day and do 2 the next day this would limit the running around.

If you don?t want to pay for the slots to make the alts just save the dil to buy zen.

The only pain about this is getting the toon to level 9 so you can do the daily. But if you do it right it should only take just under 2 hours.
Career Officer
# 53
10-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Also there are lot of other benefits to have a lot of alts.

17 doff packs a week can be sold for 200k to 300k or 3.4m to 5.2million

Almost 200 doffs a week from the other missions at SFA

I am going to start doing the ?Confiscate Contraband From Crew? to make extra dil or EC

Having many alt is a must for any solo or small fleets. The fleet I am in lets me have all my alts in it and all together I have over 4million fleet credits we are working on our tier 3 starbase and only about 8k more xp each until sci and eng are tier 3.

we have a total of 55 people that have helped on our starbase and less than 20 that have more than 100k of fleet credits. I am not trying to brag. I just want to show how easy it makes it to build a starbase with a lot of alts. 30 minutes a day and I have done about 30% of the work on a tier 3 base.

Last edited by queue38; 10-12-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Career Officer
# 54
10-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Trying to steer this back on topic. We are not discussing how to make Dilithium, or how to utilize the Doff system min max wise.

This Topic is about increasing the Daily Refining Amount of Dilithium. As other and myself have pointed out, with the increasing demands on dilithium in game for our new content, some believe we should be able to refine at least as much needed for one item in the fleet store or more.
Career Officer
# 55
10-12-2012, 05:42 AM
Yes sorry

On topic I think that it should go up to atleast 12k maybe 16k but that seem like alot. maybe if they did it in steps like +1k every season.

Or have all the dil stuff be account wide so your cap is 8k time how many slots you have (not how many alts) in a way you could buy a higher cap(more slots) but still only have one toon.

Last edited by queue38; 10-12-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Lieutenant
# 56
11-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman8472 View Post
And dont forget to do Btran daily at the same time as Explore strange new worlds. 1440+1440 for some easy dilithium
..ya dont forget to waste your time doing the absolute most boring worthless grind fest in the game once ur done with this and if you havnt already blown ur head off just think...you get to do it tomrow, and the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day with no end. Of course if they would leave the stf rewards alone and stop pandering to the whining newbs we wouldnt be faceing the issue of endless grind for dilithium
Lieutenant
# 57
11-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttyler View Post
Trying to steer this back on topic. We are not discussing how to make Dilithium, or how to utilize the Doff system min max wise.

This Topic is about increasing the Daily Refining Amount of Dilithium. As other and myself have pointed out, with the increasing demands on dilithium in game for our new content, some believe we should be able to refine at least as much needed for one item in the fleet store or more.
...up the refine cap why with the stf reward going away and the turn ins being shafte to dust, why up the cap unless your into grinding fleet actions at 10 a day every day unless you enjoy doing the explore missons every single day then you will not make the 8k cap set as of now so why would they up it. unless your on 24/7 and pure grinding dilithium you will not make the cap anyway so why bother raiseng it. Thanks Cryptic and just when i thought i woul buy a life script. un instaling this game see you when your done beta testing bye bye thanks for wasteing my time
Lieutenant
# 58
11-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttyler View Post
You can max daily dilithium limit in 1 hour
..only with the current stf rewards..or if your kdf you can not cap in one hour as a fed without contrband period end of story stop misleading people
Commander
# 59
11-01-2012, 09:27 AM
I think the simplest and best thing to do would be what has already been suggested about just making it an account wide refine cap shared between all characters, add 8000 per character. That way if someone wants to STF all day they can still refine their dil without having to switch characters constantly because they capped out on one. It's also better for those who like fleet events, as they can continue to farm fleet marks on the same character as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
Raising the cap is a method Cryptic can use to lower the dilithium exchange rate. Seeing as the price right now is fairly low, I don't see them doing this until they find the magic item that makes C-points valuable again.
You think THIS is low? It was under 100 since practically f2p went live until the Odyssey was released, then it shot way up, and even got close to 400 for a while before dropping to the 157 it's been at for weeks.

Last edited by talien; 11-01-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Odd, it cut off the first part of my post about the increase.