Empire Veteran
# 121
10-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Any chance you could like, remove battle cloak from that KDF ship? THANKS.
The hubris of someone to think the federation would be allowed to dictate how the Klingon Empire builds their ships.

While we are it lets just remove the fed ship from the rewards... This reward should be KDF exclusive
Starfleet Veteran
# 122
10-09-2012, 02:50 PM
No, it's not. Battle cloak let's you cloak under fire. Enhanced battle cloak let's you fire under cloak. Totally different things.
Empire Veteran
# 123
10-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
BoP is enhanced battle cloak, this is just the common old cloak and not the steaming pile they put on the Bortasque.
Actually, there are 3 versions of cloaks:

1. Normal Cloak. Used out of combat.

2. Battle Cloak. Can be used in and out of combat.

3. Enchanced Battle Cloak, used only on C-Store B'Rel Retrofit. Same as above, but a wider variety of powers can be used while cloaked, including ability to fire torpedoes while cloaked.

This 1000 day KDF ship has Battle Cloak, as opposed to regular Cloak
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 124
10-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
BoP is enhanced battle cloak, this is just the common old cloak and not the steaming pile they put on the Bortasque.
Nope, that's only the B'rel-R. All other BoPs have a Battle Cloak.
# 125
10-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Uh... why?

It's not like the Fed ship got Battlecloak. Yes, it's usually a BOP's thing, but why shouldn't a special class of ship use it?
Because this ship is no where near as squishy as a BoP, hence a battle cloak is a logic fallacy, a balance issue, hence it shouldn't have one. For a .067 shield modifier I would be happy to see that on fed ships too. Since we are throwing game balance out the door, lets just slap it on a Bug ship while we are at it. All and all the KDF version got ALOT more out of this.

But I've given up trying to convince you, I swear you are working for cryptic, you are under the impression that Cryptic can do no wrong, no matter how wrong they are.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Republic Veteran
# 126
10-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Not quite accurate.

The Enhanced Battle Cloak, exclusive the the B'Rel BoP Retrofit, is a "fire while cloaked" deal. The standard Battle Cloak, for BoPs (and now the Peghqu'), is cloaking while in combat. The last type of cloak is the one that Battlecruisers and Raptors possess - that is cloaking out of combat only.

EDIT - Ninja'd at least 3 times. LOL
"Misdirection is the key to survival. Never attack what your enemy defends. Never behave as your enemy expects and never reveal your true strength. If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable..." - Romulan tenet

Career Officer
# 127
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
Yes, because that's the *only* reason to get a LT Sub, amirite?
Not at all - you could pay $300 to be able to refine a whole 500 extra Dilithium per day.

You could pay it for the Liberated Borg captain.

You could pay it for the bank slots and the respecs and the free costume changes.

You could pay it for the forum title or the in-game title.

You could pay it for the Jupiter Veteran costume plus the badge (or the furry Klingon ones).

Search, the forums - plenty of people have said on many occasions that since F2P the LTS simply wasn't worth the money - and I agree.

It's a $300 ship - anyone that's considering an LTS is probably trying to justify it otherwise but since F2P, the LTS wasn't worth it. It still isn't - but you get a shiny ship now that you can't get any other way - that makes it so much more worth it...
Career Officer
# 128
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Advanced Battle Cloak is a B'Rel Retrofit only thing that allows you to fire torps and use more abilities while cloaked. Battle Cloak is a Bird of Prey thing, you can enter it during combat, which is different from the standard cloak. And why not give it a Advanced Battle Cloak, Shinzon's Romulan Dreadnought had one 30 years ago. In STO about the only good thing about the Advanced Battle Cloak, besides trolling with an all torp build, is the ability to heal and debuff targets while cloaked. Advanced Battle Cloak more then not, gets your killed.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Empire Veteran
# 129
10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Because this ship is no where near as squishy as a BoP, hence a battle cloak is a logic fallacy, a balance issue, hence it shouldn't have one. For a .067 shield modifier I would be happy to see that on fed ships too. Since we are throwing game balance out the door, lets just slap it on a Bug ship while we are at it. All and all the KDF version got ALOT more out of this.

But I've given up trying to convince you, I swear you are working for cryptic, you are under the impression that Cryptic can do no wrong, no matter how wrong they are.
You could be taken more seriously if you knew what you were talking about
Starfleet Veteran
# 130
10-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
You could be taken more seriously if you knew what you were talking about
Exactly what have I said that was incorrect here? I challenge you to prove that I have said anything wrong here, not with nonsense attacks, but with facts, /go

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |