Career Officer
# 61
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowdash View Post
Unbelievable. Those who were going to have access to the 1000 day rewards beginning tomorrow were those who invested in Cryptic the very first day that a lifetime subscription was made available. They were the ones who put their faith in Cryptic before the game had even launched...

...and Cryptic will choose to honor that by altering the lifetime benefits to allow anyone to get those same rewards just by ponying up the cash.

Congratulations, Cryptic. You've made the transformation for me - from supporter to someone who will never give you another dollar - complete. Go ahead, check my purchase history and see just how big a mistake you've made.
Do you need exclusivity as justification or to feel good? Why can't everybody who's willing to go whole hog reap the benefits for doing so?

Also, it doesn't matter if you stop purchasing. The amount of Lifetime subs Cryptic is going to get due to this incentive is going to far outweigh the loss of one single customer.
Career Officer
# 62
10-09-2012, 01:20 PM
LTS since Beta and now every golden spoon boy gets this.
Its a slap in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy5ieLLqZAM
Rihannsu
# 63
10-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Any chance we could get a Fleet version? More money for you
Only if it is only for 1000 day vets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
10-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowdash View Post
Unbelievable. Those who were going to have access to the 1000 day rewards beginning tomorrow were those who invested in Cryptic the very first day that a lifetime subscription was made available. They were the ones who put their faith in Cryptic before the game had even launched...

...and Cryptic will choose to honor that by altering the lifetime benefits to allow anyone to get those same rewards just by ponying up the cash.

Congratulations, Cryptic. You've made the transformation for me - from supporter to someone who will never give you another dollar - complete. Go ahead, check my purchase history and see just how big a mistake you've made.
So, why exactly does it matter to you if someone who pays for a LTS now gets access to all the rewards instantly vs. 1000 days later? It doesn't affect you at all and keeps the game running.

And since there isn't going to be (probably) any further rewards, its a great way to encourage sales of the LTS.

Are you saying you wouldn't have played the game/enjoyed it if you hadn't gotten something kinda exclusive every 100 days?

I've been LTS since the beginning, and don't care if newbs get the vet rewards instantly or not. Whatever keeps the game going is just fine by me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 65
10-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
OMG -- You are AWESOME!

Well worth the lifetime now.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Republic Veteran
# 66
10-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Glad I sat through 1000 days(!). Hey, at least they kept their promise the ships wouldn't be on the C-Store...

So.. does that also mean that every "Career Officer" now becomes "Starfleet/Empire Veteran", regardless of subscription time too?
"Misdirection is the key to survival. Never attack what your enemy defends. Never behave as your enemy expects and never reveal your true strength. If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable..." - Romulan tenet
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Any chance we could get a Fleet version? More money for you
NO!

Screw off on wanting c store versions, i really dont want to see what happend with the Galaxy X happen again and players feel screwed, if that happens again i will walk this time, worked my butt off to get that thing.

Now these ships rock, great boff layout, cool unique abilities, and different looking. THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!!!

And on the lifetime, i told a buddy days ago this would happen, i still wont buy, i paid monthly, soon going down if they dont continue vet rewards, im happy.

Last edited by dan512; 10-09-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 68
10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbriton View Post
Glad I sat through 1000 days(!). Hey, at least they kept their promise the ships wouldn't be on the C-Store [...]
*cough* its now on the Homepage LTS Store
Lt. Commander
# 69
10-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
ha i love how he skips the rest of the comments about the ship to get some more promos in.. same old same old.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Captain
# 70
10-09-2012, 01:35 PM
For some reason I was unable to post this on the main website.

Congrats to Team Cryptic and Mr. Lee, I love them. The little glow tower out of the top of the Peghqu is a little off from normal Klingon designs, but who would've thought that Klingons would've came up witha temporal deflector either. All in all I'm quite impressed. It makes me sad that I couldn't afford to start playing at launch. Will there be any variants?

Not sure how I feel about the LTS sale and all of the vet rewards being available instantly. I mean...circumventing time in service. And I would benefit from it immensely having only started playing several months ago....still, just seems odd. I mean it's logical from one perspective as the person IS going to gain those rewards eventually.

A curiosity though. Now that the resources of making Vet rewards are free...what is the Dev team going to do with that energy and time?????
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"