Republic Veteran
# 71
10-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0850 View Post
*cough* its now on the Homepage LTS Store
Yeah. Same old disingenuous Cryptic.

I mean, great news for LTSers below 1000 days - if it were me, I'd be overjoyed. But a massive kick in the teeth for those who walked the whole path on foot.
"Misdirection is the key to survival. Never attack what your enemy defends. Never behave as your enemy expects and never reveal your true strength. If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable..." - Romulan tenet
Empire Veteran
# 72
10-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydumbpwe View Post
Sigh... some people going to complain no matter what. I say "Thank you, Cryptic". I think the ships look interesting and I'm looking forward to flying one... in a few weeks.

And for the complainers... it beats a monkey pet any day!

uhmm we got one of them aswell didnt we so what you are saying is this vet reward is not as crap as the other rewards lmao
Starfleet Veteran
# 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowdash View Post
Congratulations, Cryptic. You've made the transformation for me - from supporter to someone who will never give you another dollar - complete. Go ahead, check my purchase history and see just how big a mistake you've made.
Lose one irritated customer.

Gain hundreds of new lifetime subs.

They'll be checking it all the way to the bank.

So sayeth a LT subscriber who's been here (almost) since Day 1.

<insert obligatory request for leaving player's stuff>

I suppose this means that, like CO, there won't be any additional rewards for over 1000 days? Eh, still getting my $240 worth.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 10-09-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: less biased wording, apologies!
Lt. Commander
# 74
Thing that doesnt seem right though is i look to people with titles and stuff that over amount of time as being experienced...now you have to worry about a 1 week old player that reached va with the 1000 day title on and not know if hes a newb or not lol.
Starfleet Veteran
# 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Only 1 more year.

Kinda wish they count Lifetime as being full veteran... ah well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hmmm... I wish they'd finally release a Fleet/T5 Exeter with all skins...

Maybe it'll work twice.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Starfleet Veteran
# 76
10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan512 View Post
Thing that doesnt seem right though is i look to people with titles and stuff that over amount of time as being experienced...now you have to worry about a 1 week old player that reached va with the 1000 day title on and not know if hes a newb or not lol.
The funny thing is how history repeats itself. I remember when CoH did something similar when they went F2P. If you bought enough Paragon Points, you could go right up the rewards ranks to get the same stuff subscribers who'd been playing for years earned through the (former) Vet Rewards program.

So I'll just say now what I said a few years ago on that other game: if two player spend the same amount of cash, one over time and another up-front, haven't they both equally contributed to the welfare of the game? If so, what is the difference? If you decide to go all-in with a LT sub now, and I decided to do it years ago, haven't we both put in the same monetary investment to the game?

Pay to earn? Why not? Look over at the C-Store and tell me it's not the same thing. You invest in the game (you keep the devs paid), you earn things.

If you're using the LT Sub perks as a gauge to tell vets from newbs, ur doin it wrong anyhow. What's an experienced newb compared to a veteran? What's a vet who acts like a jerk compared to a newb?

So tell me what the problem really is.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 10-09-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 77
10-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbriton View Post

I mean, great news for LTSers below 1000 days - if it were me, I'd be overjoyed. But a massive kick in the teeth for those who walked the whole path on foot.
"invested" in the game during closed beta or so

would have been just 2 more days for me to reach the 1000
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I wouldnt say im doing something wrong when many MANY ways to do things.

And i was a coh beta tester, stopped playing a while ago and came back for f2p and saw what they did and got pissed and said screw it. Sad that game is closing, but more sad for the players.
Captain
# 79
10-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbriton View Post

Except some people have been asking for this for a long time now. And how is this a kick in the teeth to you? Is Cryptic taking away anything from you that you otherwise felt you were going to get? Is Cryptic simply giving benefits to other people really something that makes you feel bad?

And I'm speaking as someone who has been playing since beta, and always been a subscriber or gold member.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Starfleet Veteran
# 80
10-09-2012, 12:50 PM
So this means we're all getting the ship tomorrow regardless? Well, that shaves all of one day off the wait I guess.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook