Ensign
so with the new Chimera class heavy destroyer i know that the hull has the the ability to go through multiple changes. there is the the sector mod that is the standard mode. the second mode is tactical mode which is where the ship actually changes to bring the lotus to bear. the last mode is the more streamline mode that it goes into when it goes to warp.

so my question to everyone out there what exactly changes with the Chimera class heavy destroyer. i myself am a free to player so i dont have this ability to do this myself. i was hoping that the great forum community can help me with this.

one last thing please dont turn this into a fight over if you like the ship itself or not. its been heard enough the last couple days.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generaldiaz View Post
so with the new Chimera class heavy destroyer i know that the hull has the the ability to go through multiple changes. there is the the sector mod that is the standard mode. the second mode is tactical mode which is where the ship actually changes to bring the lotus to bear. the last mode is the more streamline mode that it goes into when it goes to warp.

so my question to everyone out there what exactly changes with the Chimera class heavy destroyer. i myself am a free to player so i dont have this ability to do this myself. i was hoping that the great forum community can help me with this.

one last thing please dont turn this into a fight over if you like the ship itself or not. its been heard enough the last couple days.
the necells expand/contract between sector space and map mode the pylons also appear to raise lower slightly. In tactical mode the fore, starboard, and port sections of the saucer extend slightly to expose the lotus arrays.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Ensign
# 3
10-10-2012, 09:33 PM
my question is exactly how does the saucer section change as it cant change drastically in order to expose the lotus system is it is not a transformer.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
my question is exactly how does the saucer section change as it cant change drastically in order to expose the lotus system is it is not a transformer.
Like i said it slides apart Think of it like a slider phone. The pieces move away from the center of the saucer and expose the firing ports.

In lke 2 or 3 days I'm sure some one will make a video. you could also hang around esd or ds9 and just wait for some one to show up with one.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Ensign
# 5
10-10-2012, 09:46 PM
all right thanks
Commander
# 6
10-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
[...
it is not a transformer.
Have you seen some of he ideas comng out for Star trek? They're all really silly from a spaceship point of view

However for giggles work out where the Klingon's pop up lotus things go. Each appears to be about the width of the hull, and one comes out the top and one from the bottom of the hull.
Ensign
# 7
10-10-2012, 10:07 PM
yes i have. but to be honest the fanboy ships are the craziest. i once saw a ship with like 6 or 8 nacelles. the lotus on the Klingon ship looks like they fit into that hole and that is it. so its a big empty place in there when it is engaged.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-11-2012, 05:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDrNrs6SR8

Ensign
# 9
10-11-2012, 02:11 PM
thank you so much for that. this will help me along way with my study of this ship.
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Tactical Mode gives a +25 to weapons power for one. Has a wicked Phaser thing that packs a powerful punch, but it'll drain your weapons power and takes like 15 seconds for it to raise enough to use your weapons again. Think the Main Weapon on the proto-type ship in Babylon 5's "Call to Arms".

Loading the Fore Weapons with Dual Cannons and the Aft Weapons with Turrets is a MUST TRY!!! I love this new ship.
Vice Admiral Survic Stone, FED TAC, King - Knights of the Round Table (Join Today!)
Vice Admiral Krothos, FED TAC, Ensign - Devil's Rejects
Lieutenant General Pek'ToS, KDF TAC, Veteran - House of Martok

The Rest & Details: My STO Page!