Career Officer
# 101
10-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainotaku View Post
it's just that for a brief time this was actually kind of exciting and felt special. That special feeling is pretty much gone at this point. So from now on I'll live in-game entirely off of my stipend and won't be contributing any more funds to this game.
Yep - exactly this. These ships weren't made as a reward for the loyalty of STO's earliest supporters, they were made to sell LTS'

I just don't have any respect left for this game, Cryptic or PWE.
Career Officer
# 102
10-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Original comments redacted as they ARE giving all LTS players (past and present) all the Vet rewards, which, even as someone who bought an LTS on day one, I'm VERY okay with (and if you saw my earlier redacted comment - that's exactly what I suggested.)

I'm the fool for going off what was being said in game, and not really reading the full blurb where they outlined the whole thing - my bad.

GREAT decision by Cryptic Marketing.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

Last edited by crypticarmsman; 10-09-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 103
10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Although I am happy to "share my toys" as it were with people who bought Lifetime Subs after the supposedly limited time frame (and you all will like the perks if you haven't reached them yet), I know I personally will never pay another cent of my own money at the Cryptic Store ever again. That will be my own little protest and I recommend that other 1,000 Day Subscribers follow suit if they also feel a bit betrayed by this. It's not that I don't want others to be able to enjoy these items, it's just that for a brief time this was actually kind of exciting and felt special. That special feeling is pretty much gone at this point. So from now on I'll live in-game entirely off of my stipend and won't be contributing any more funds to this game.
here here, and iam following suit no matter what shiney they put in there. Like I said in my last post ive been relatively happy coming back from TOR and have been enjoying the game, this instance of what has happened, its just sour in my mouth now...

Its almost like what soe did with swg to the elder jedi player base, bam you dont have to work hard and do your trials, now you can just simply click a button and bam your a jedi... yay...

sad sad sad cryptic.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Rihannsu
# 104
10-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Yep - exactly this. These ships weren't made as a reward for the loyalty of STO's earliest supporters, they were made to sell LTS'

I just don't have any respect left for this game, Cryptic or PWE.
Basically, this really seems like a "Oh no, Star Wars Old Republic is going F2P...WE'RE DOOMED so let's make as much money in one go as we can" sort of moment. TOR is a much better game so that most likely will really happen.
Empire Veteran
# 105
10-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Suggestion: Do the right thing and give ANYONE who purchased an LTS prior to today the same vet rewards deal - everything unlocked for anyone with an LTS prior to today, through the end of this sale. They ALREADY PAID the LTS price that the new players who are taking advantage of this deal, and in the end Cryptic honestly looses nothing, as once you go LTS, you will get the Vet rewards whether you continue to log in or not. Cryptic honestly looses NOTHING by doing this and maybe gains some goodwill with the LTS playerbase.
No need to suggest it: it's already happening to every LTS Starting tomorrow that is

It does say 'all current and future subscribers' after all. That obviously means those who were LTS before this sale
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Ensign
# 106
10-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Alright, first I wish you to thank you for unlocking all veteran perks, but please. This way will anger most of your most loyal supporters(Early subscribers/Lifetimers). Personally I would have prefered to have an increased rate of "Life-time-perks-earnings". This would feel very different for the oldschool lifetimers and will give newer lifetimers a chance to "Catch-up". As it will still be given on a duration-base.

It does however add some value back to the subscriptions but I would prefer to see an alternative solution(i.e. not being spammed with keysales as a subscriber, it frustrates me). I understand that the game is free to play and that money has to be made by it, but it is not really something I do appreciate for those with subscriptions.

Nonetheless, thank you for the additional perks, but please do something with our criticism
Career Officer
# 107
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post

Suggestion: Do the right thing and give ANYONE who purchased an LTS prior to today the same vet rewards deal - everything unlocked for anyone with an LTS prior to today, through the end of this sale. They ALREADY PAID the LTS price that the new players who are taking advantage of this deal, and in the end Cryptic honestly looses nothing, as once you go LTS, you will get the Vet rewards whether you continue to log in or not. Cryptic honestly looses NOTHING by doing this and maybe gains some goodwill with the LTS playerbase.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=706971

All current LTS folks get it too, only the Gold subscribers should not be happy at this point. Of course sale is still on for them to weigh up the options.
Career Officer
# 108
10-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Although I am happy to "share my toys" as it were with people who bought Lifetime Subs after the supposedly limited time frame (and you all will like the perks if you haven't reached them yet), I know I personally will never pay another cent of my own money at the Cryptic Store ever again. That will be my own little protest and I recommend that other 1,000 Day Subscribers follow suit if they also feel a bit betrayed by this. It's not that I don't want others to be able to enjoy these items, it's just that for a brief time this was actually kind of exciting and felt special. That special feeling is pretty much gone at this point. So from now on I'll live in-game entirely off of my stipend and won't be contributing any more funds to this game.
This is also what I will be doing. I will not pay another penny into this game. I suggest all others that feel similarly do exactly the same. I hope Cryptic invests the short-term windfall from these new LTS sales wisely.
Commander
# 109
10-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=706971

All current LTS folks get it too, only the Gold subscribers should not be happy at this point. Of course sale is still on for them to weigh up the options.
I already do have everything... because I've been in the game for 998 days as of this post. What do I get?
Career Officer
# 110
10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowdash View Post
This is also what I will be doing. I will not pay another penny into this game. I suggest all others that feel similarly do exactly the same. I hope Cryptic invests the short-term windfall from these new LTS sales wisely.
yep iam with you guys on this, and ill say for the record since coming back from tor Ive spent almost 3-400 bucks on the game.. no more will i put cash into it, sorry cryptic/pwe you really put the "knife" in our backs on this move.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx