Lieutenant
# 131
10-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baracura28 View Post
Some people dont seem to get why the OLD LTSers are upset, we waited 1000 days for this ship, than when it comes out BAM ever LTS old and the people that buy the LTS tomorrow will have this ship..

So the OLD LTSers have all rights to be angry. I would love to see FOR OLD LTSERS ONLY an ingame title and forum title to show they are the real "vet's" of the game that stick to this game trough all the time.

I was happy when i saw the ship, Now im not sure to feel angry or happy with this crappy change!
I am one of the people thinking about becoming a LTM. I was here as a monthly customer at launch. I paid and played a total of 4 months (got the 100 day reward thats all) during the sub-only days. I have come back and played free since FTP though I have spent $40 on the c-store.

You were not waiting on this 1,000 day ship since launch, you only found out about it a few weeks ago at most. I was here at launch too, I was waiting for this ship as much as anyone else.

If I go LTM now I will still get the ship. I CAN see why that is a little upsetting, but I am paying the same for my LTM as you, and I am getting three years of play LESS out of it than you are.

I do not think PWE doesn't care about long-term subs, if so they would have put this ship in a lockbox and be done with it. But they are using the opportunity to try to get some cash out of it too, and as a business I can't blame them for that.
Career Officer
# 132
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captallendale View Post
I am one of the people thinking about becoming a LTM. I was here as a monthly customer at launch. I paid and played a total of 4 months (got the 100 day reward thats all) during the sub-only days. I have come back and played free since FTP though I have spent $40 on the c-store.

You were not waiting on this 1,000 day ship since launch, you only found out about it a few weeks ago at most. I was here at launch too, I was waiting for this ship as much as anyone else.

If I go LTM now I will still get the ship. I CAN see why that is a little upsetting, but I am paying the same for my LTM as you, and I am getting three years of play LESS out of it than you are.

I do not think PWE doesn't care about long-term subs, if so they would have put this ship in a lockbox and be done with it. But they are using the opportunity to try to get some cash out of it too, and as a business I can't blame them for that.
That there was a ship for 1000 days was long known before we knew some leaked info. try 100 days ago... if not before that even!

And the underlinded, thats what makes us the most angry u will get it at day 1, NOT AFTER THAT. We got it after 1000 days.

Will the game be here in 3 years? who knows, altho as someone said. Will S7 be the last for STO? cause this is just a wierd jump without any reason other than making REAL vets angry and making money. And yeah im saying it now REAL 1k VETS that earned the ship.
Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.

Last edited by baracura28; 10-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Career Officer
# 133
10-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
OMG, I can't believe all the crying from the vets over this. Like getting their 400 day reward 600 days early wasn't enough, and enjoying the game all these years.

It's a relief knowing that if I buy a LTS tomorrow I'll get the awards instead of hoping STO will be around 3+ years from now and can claim the 3 year old ship.

Way to kill it for us new players you crybabies !
Love the irony of this.

Quote:
It's a relief knowing that if I buy a LTS tomorrow I'll get the awards instead of hoping STO will be around 3+ years from now and can claim the 3 year old ship.
When I bought my LTS I didn't know what the veteran rewards would be, when (if ever) I'd get them and more importantly, if the game would even be around in six months time.

You don't have to invest a penny - you can play the game for free. And if you sink $300 you get everything I got in 3 years right now. No risk, no leap of faith.

Maybe in your world things like loyalty, trust and faith aren't deserving of reward - in mine they are. Sadly it seems Cryptic feels the same way you do - enjoy your shinies - you've earned them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 134
10-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captallendale View Post

If you decide to put down $240 - $300 for a LT Sub, more power to ya.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 135
10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
If someone has subscribed long enough to be ready to get this reward, they really ought go lifetime at this point. It'll be cheaper in the long run for them (14-months at this price and they'll break even, after that its all benefit/profit to them). If you sub'd for 1000 days (34 months-ish), you've already paid over $500!

Personally, I have no problem with this. I'm only an 800+ day player, only went lifetime recently, but I think this is a sensible perk. I would suggest, however, that since I don't think subscriptions can get refunds? Could the back-end be changed so people who subscribe to 3, 6 or 12 months at a time get the VR days credited to them immediately? Front-loading the VRs like that might be a nice bonus. I'd keep the stipend monthly, though, but that's just me.

My personal opinion is that while VRs are nice, I'd rather see it scrapped for a rewards system. Get x-many points for every sort of transaction you make (buying points, subscribing, buying a lifetime, etc), and redeem them for perks. Give a good selection, rotate perks periodically, and let us choose what we'd like. Just don't be like Paragon and give away nearly everything away for free. This way there's a reward for anyone who spends money - Silver, Gold and Lifetime.

Also, nice to see the sale again. I bought my lifetime at $300, I'm past my break-even point, and am enjoying myself overall. I'm glad folks have an opportunity to get it at a discounted rate, especially with the holidays being right around the corner. This is an excellent early gift for the gamers out there!
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Empire Veteran
# 136
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I must admit, that i'm rather... Happy about this.
I remember, 640 days ago, when I purchased my LTS, at the bottom of the LTS description there was a category that said, "and more to come."
After the Season 5/F2P change, that category disappeared.

Well, i guess it had just cloaked itself, cause it's back in an awesome way!!
Thank you Cryptic for the AWESOME "more to come"!
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 137
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Love the irony of this.

When I bought my LTS I didn't know what the veteran rewards would be, when (if ever) I'd get them and more importantly, if the game would even be around in six months time.

You don't have to invest a penny - you can play the game for free. And if you sink $300 you get everything I got in 3 years right now. No risk, no leap of faith.

Maybe in your world things like loyalty, trust and faith aren't deserving of reward - in mine they are. Sadly it seems Cryptic feels the same way you do - enjoy your shinies - you've earned them.
I don't know of ANY MMO thats been around for 6 years, and if this offer never happened I KNOW I would never see this ship in my hands.

Sorry, I don't have faith in this games longevity, and now have no faith or compassion for it's subscribers.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 138
10-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I personally always believed that a lifetime member should have always had the top rewards and that gold players should wait. As a lifer you invested a bunch into the game, I know I have dumped more than $2,200.00 into this game since 2010 and I have no intention of slowing down. Now that $2,200.00 is not including the Lifetime Subscription cost or the new computer I had to buy to go along with this!

I am a big fan of STO and a bigger fan of Star Trek as a whole! I am very happy over this news! All life time members should have access! As a long time lifer I support this decision and welcome new lifers to the group!
Rihannsu
# 139
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Anyone who bought a LTS on day one got to see their investment pay off, and were playing for free before the game went FTP, and can look forward to free Zen forever. Mine did not pay off before then, and at 500 Zen a month, won't for a long time. Sorry if my heart doesn't exactly bleed for you.

My favorite thing in the thread so far is the guy who wants to be rewarded for his loyalty after leaving to play a competing game all year, but I'm pretty sure that's just trolling.
Career Officer
# 140
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I don't know of ANY MMO thats been around for 6 years, and if this offer never happened I KNOW I would never see this ship in my hands.

Sorry, I don't have faith in this games longevity, and now have no faith or compassion for it's subscribers.
Wow, COH/V i think even SWG almost 7 years?

Btw how the hell do u not know about WOW?!
Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.