Career Officer
# 151
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanithegreen View Post
Anyone who bought a LTS on day one got to see their investment pay off.
That's subjective - yes, after a while the game became free to play for Lifetimers (and eventually free-to-play for everyone) but this game is a hollow, grindfest shell of what was hoped for and promised. I don't see that as paying off really.

Ask yourself - if you had to pay $15 a month to play STO, would you?

I know I wouldn't.
Rihannsu
# 152
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I am in favor of this! Good job Cryptic!
Rihannsu
# 153
10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Ask yourself - if you had to pay $15 a month to play STO, would you?
For about a year before I got my LTS, yes.
Captain
# 154 The Doomday Scenario
10-09-2012, 04:29 PM
This, a very unlikely yet grim situation, is what came to mind when I saw the 1000 day vets being slapped in the face.

PWE gives away all vet rewards to anyone who buys a lifetime subscription, getting a cash burst.
PWE has the vet rewards put in the c store.
PWE shuts down STO.

Yes, it is a doomsday scenario and a disturbing one at that, but this is what came to mind. And even more disturbingly it is given support by the fact that part one is coming true, and all the loyal members are getting dumped. I can imagine PWE standing behind a desk collecting $200 per person, handing out other people's hard earned rewards, and laughing at the 1000 day vets.
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Ensign
# 155
10-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I would have gotten a refund if I hadn't had the misguided faith that Cryptic/PW would actually turn this game around, instead I am forced to watch as they continue to pile-drive and do unspeakable things to what was a promising and hopeful game and universe...

If anything PW have saught to eradicate us old timers and remove every benefit and shred of respect for those of us who've played since early beta. Hell, I'm apparently too young an account to make new posts on top of it all, and it's 2 months since I made it a PW connected account, and I've lost count how many years since I created it back at Cryptic.
Captain
# 156
10-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baracura28 View Post
Wow, COH/V i think even SWG almost 7 years?

Btw how the hell do u not know about WOW?!
Fair enough, COH is dead and SWG has gone open source with servers popping up as we speak running the pre-NGE software. TBH, my SWG disks have never been out of the cellophane as I don't do MMO's (until this one).

But 3 is all you got ? I didn't realize WoW was still around and Ultima has been thru so many revisions I hesitate to even call it the same game. I've only been here for a few months and I don't see 3 more years in STO, my congrads for your 'faith', but nothing for your risk.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Rihannsu
# 157
10-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I can imagine PWE standing behind a desk collecting $200 per person, handing out other people's hard earned rewards, and laughing at the 1000 day vets.
You forgot the part where she detaches her jaw and swallows a puppy whole, proving that PWE are actually shape-shifting space lizards.
Career Officer
# 158
10-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
How would you feel if all of sudden all of the high-end STF gear wound up in the C-Store where it could be bought with Zen instead of grinding out hundreds of STF runs?
Is this a trick question? Hundred runs taking about 2 weeks minimum or a few hours at work and then get to just enjoy the game.. hrm decisions!
Captain
# 159
10-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanithegreen View Post
You forgot the part where she detaches her jaw and swallows a puppy whole, proving that PWE are actually shape-shifting space lizards.
Oh yes, I forgot about that part.
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Captain
# 160
10-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwhite0 View Post
the next is: LTS + 1000 days + SB tier 5
EXACTLY !
I'm looking forward to Cryptic selling Tier 5 Starbases too .

What's that ?
It will never happen ?
Heh .

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracura28 View Post
"Since Star Trek Online launched in February 2010, we have thanked our loyal subscribers and lifetime members through the Veteran's Rewards program. We know you have many options in choosing where to spend your time, so it means so much to us that you choose to spend it here."
Yes Cryptic .... we can tell the true Vets mean "so much" to you .
Now if you don't mind I'll go and delete that interview with Kestrel ... .
I'm not in the mood to hear you people right now . Any of you .