Career Officer
# 461
10-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxandra View Post
Yet more lime green text...
Re-read my post - I said no such thing - I even said I'm happy for the players that are buying into this and getting what they want out of it.

Once more, my issue is Cryptic, their handling of the matter and what it says about the value they've put on their long-term customers.

There were many, many ways they could have made the LTS more appealing - but instead they chose the quickest, greediest, most disrespectful option - they didn't even take the time to change the wording on the ship descriptions to 'as a Lifetime Subscriber' - all any of us is to them is wallet waiting to be plundered - we're not customers - just suckers.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 462
10-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
You keep saying this a double standard, I'm not following your logic. Please explain.

Again, I don't see anyone arguing that this has lessened the value of their LTS purchase. I also don't see people arguing that some LTS should get all rewards while others shouldn't. The argument is that the system should reward longevity. What they are unhappy about is Cryptic has taken away a system that once made it an honor to have purchased your LTS at launch (or subbed for as long) and turned you into another name in the bucket.

Trivializing people because this isn't important to you is inconsiderate to others who perceive that is something valuable. It doesn't matter if you or I agree on the value of that perception, calling them idiots because of it isn't justified.
Pay attention then, because I am only going to say this one last time. Longevity DOES NOT DETERMINE LOYALTY. All of you somehow feeling that this reward system being changed for a Lifetime Subscriber is somehow unfair need to look at this from the actual facts. A Lifetime Subscriber no matter when they subscribed NEVER HAS TO PAY FOR THIS GAME EVER AGAIN. Now then, with that said to give an incentive to purchase the 299.00 U.S.D. package which gives you full access to absolutely everything in this game minus cash shop items. With the exception of course of the Borg Bridge Officer and the Liberated Borg Playable Captain, there is no more obligation to have to spend one more cent on this game as a result. Now, you want to sit there and tell me that Longevity should be the prevailing factor in a reward system on what is now a F2P game with no actual financial obligation? Before the F2P conversion I would have agreed with you. However with the F2P platform that argument is no longer something that I can support with any kind of enthusiasm because it would create a double standard for the reward system.

As it stands the reward system is now in place for a LTS to gain all of those perks, GREAT I'm glad to see that new LTS have something to look forward to. I feel badly that standard monthly Gold subscribers still have to do it the hard way, but that's is their choice is it not? They still contribute the same if not more than me to this game and I salute them for it. Making a LTS have it's own segregation within itself from the reward system is a very bad idea. But then again, I also believe that any kind of reward system is also a bad idea because it creates problems with other players. However that is the problem with a F2P game with or without a reward system, money gives additional perks. You don't segregate the perks when the money cost is the same, it doesn't create money flow for the people who run the game in the first place. This was a smart business decision and sometimes those decisions people don't agree with. Would you rather less money gets into this game causing it to eventually shut down because of a lack of funds?
Career Officer
# 463
10-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Re-read my post - I said no such thing - I even said I'm happy for the players that are buying into this and getting what they want out of it.
Oh really? I direct you to what you said in your last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Seriously though - who's asking for anyone to have anything less? I paid for my LTS, I got my rewards over 1000 days - why shouldn't they?
By all means, tell me how you did not say what you said. Over 1000 days, why shouldn't they? That's your entitlement kicking in right there. So please by all means tell me how you did not say what you said in that.

Last edited by luxandra; 10-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Commander
# 464
10-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
[font="Courier New"][color="Lime"]Pay attention then, because I am only going to say this one last tIme/FONT]
Man, you have so many issues it's unbelievable. Are you a dev in disguise? I think I prefer those with "Entitlement" issues over someone who likes to give out orders.
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Commander
# 465
10-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Oh really? I direct you to what you said in your last post.

By all means, tell me how you did not say what you said. Over 1000 days, why shouldn't they? That's your entitlement kicking in right there. So please by all means tell me how you did not say what you said in that.
Thought you left anyway? Do you desperately need to get your faulty logic across?
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Career Officer
# 466
10-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Career Officer
# 467
10-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Thought you left anyway? Do you desperately need to get your faulty logic across?
It's not faulty logic Solomace it's called reality about gaming and business. They have not shafted anyone with a Lifetime Subscription. People are enraged about something that is completely trivial, why? If they got their cosmetic rewards already, then it doesn't matter if the new players get theirs. This is an issue of entitlement saying that "I'm more special than you because I got to this game and pumped the money in first." Get over yourselves to the people who feel that way. You're a lifetime subscriber, great, so are many other people. Enjoy the perks that it brings.
Career Officer
# 468
10-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Since I am already done with this topic. I'll simply reference you to read everything I posted and then allow you to realize that the argument you are supporting would support a double standard for a lifetime subscription. Either all Lifetime subscriptions reap all the the same rewards or there are no rewards at all. If you shortchange some people who forked out the same level of money like a person like I did during the original year of release by restricting certain perks associated with the lifetime subscription now, you'll just alienate and upset your newest group of supporters. So if you somehow feel that is the better way to handle something like this then you are putting yourself first and the rest of the player base second. I see this for what it is, I'm not upset by it and frankly neither should anyone else who is or has been a lifetime subscriber. You're basically saying yeah sure I'm no longer "unique" for buying my LTS. Well guess what? You are not unique because plenty of people also bought a LTS.

Case in point, accept it or keep trying to advocate a double standard. You're only proving my entitlement argument valid the more you try to claim that certain things should be excluded.

The only middle ground is that all accounts are credited from the time they originally played this game for the first time and then each day they were logged in. I wonder how many people who would lose out of a large number of days would feel if that happened then? How many people would advocate for the loss of credited time to their "veteran" rewards? Because that's what this argument about "veteran" status would be, "Oh sure, you can have this and that for spending the same money we did, but we'll be damned if you can have this." It's a title people, it's not something that gives a game breaking status. It's trivial to even complain about it, it's just another thing that people want to nitpick about that has nothing to do with the actual growth and development of this game when it comes to things like content or improvement. The more it gets argued about, the more the idea of "entitlement" comes to mind.
I thought you were done
Anyway, I don't recall anyone ever claiming to be unique. I think you are letting preconceptions cloud your judgement and logic here. Obviously a lot of players are lifers, derp, I play with them all the time. Second, like other are pointing out, you are saying people are upset because of 'status' which is not the case. At least not for me because I can't speak for anyone else. The issue at hand is a failure on Cryptic's behalf due to a corruption of greed (it's a cash grab). The issue here is 1000 days is 1000 days. Doing time is doing time. I think you are the one advocating the double standard and have a bad case of entitlement because you think you should get 'something for nothing'. I don't understand how you think they are 'getting short changed' because if they are lifers they will be around for 1000 days and will eventually get what's coming to them. Good. I am all for more people playing the game. What is also scaring me and a lot of other people and hence the rage is that an unprecedented move like this by Cryptic could lead one to believe this game won't be around in 1000 days, because like I said, if they are lifers they will eventually get to 1000 days and get what's coming to them. It nothing to do with a title or a ship or a monkey. 1000 days is 1000 days. With that I leave you with "Your peanut butter is in my chocolate!" "No your chocolate is in my peanut butter!" Seems to be where this is all heading. Great move by Cryptic to once again divide the player base instead of bring us together.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast

Last edited by rickeyredshirt; 10-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Career Officer
# 469
10-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I thought you were done
Anyway, I don't recall anyone ever claiming to be unique. I think you are letting preconceptions cloud your judgement here. Obviously a lot of players are lifers, I play with them all the time. Second, like other are pointing out, you are saying people are upset because of 'status' which is not the case, at least not for me because I can't speak for anyone else. The issue at hand is a failure on Cryptic behalf due to a corruption of greed. The issue is 1000 days is 1000 days. Doing time is doing time. I think you are the one advocating the double standard and has a bad case of entitlement because you think you should get 'something for nothing'. I don't understand how you think they are 'getting short changed' because if they are lifers they will be around for 1000 days and will eventually get what's coming to them. Good. I am all for more people playing the game. What is also scaring me and a lot of other people is that a bold move like this by Cryptic could lead one to believe this game won't be around in 1000 days, because like I said, if they are lifers they will eventually get to 1000 days and get what's coming to them. It nothing to do with a title or a ship or a monkey. 1000 days is 1000 days. With that I leave you with "Your peanut butter is in my chocolate!" "No your chocolate is in my peanut butter!" Seems to be where this is heading. Great move by Cryptic to once again divide the player base instead of bring us together.
There is absolutely nothing they have done with this that divides the player base. Only you allow yourself to do it because you don't like the good business decisions that are used to make money in a game that you are being allowed to play in the first place. Nothing has been done that is bad about this. I have seen multiple people in this thread talk about how this "veteran reward" system is no longer worth anything and that it's a solid F.U. to the player base who have been around for 3 years. Seriously, this whole argument and attitude about this is beyond childish. MMO gaming is about making money. Not everyone will agree with the decisions that are made to do it. But turning around and somehow thinking that they don't care about the player base is moronic.

EDIT: The only group out there that has shown they don't care about their player base is SOE during their screw up with SWG and breaking the law.

Last edited by luxandra; 10-11-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 470
10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I thought you were done
Anyway, I don't recall anyone ever claiming to be unique. I think you are letting preconceptions cloud your judgement here. Obviously a lot of players are lifers, I play with them all the time. Second, like other are pointing out, you are saying people are upset because of 'status' which is not the case, at least not for me because I can't speak for anyone else. The issue at hand is a failure on Cryptic behalf due to a corruption of greed. The issue is 1000 days is 1000 days. Doing time is doing time. I think you are the one advocating the double standard and has a bad case of entitlement because you think you should get 'something for nothing'. I don't understand how you think they are 'getting short changed' because if they are lifers they will be around for 1000 days and will eventually get what's coming to them. Good. I am all for more people playing the game. What is also scaring me and a lot of other people is that a bold move like this by Cryptic could lead one to believe this game won't be around in 1000 days, because like I said, if they are lifers they will eventually get to 1000 days and get what's coming to them. It nothing to do with a title or a ship or a monkey. 1000 days is 1000 days. With that I leave you with "Your peanut butter is in my chocolate!" "No your chocolate is in my peanut butter!" Seems to be where this is heading. Great move by Cryptic to once again divide the player base instead of bring us together.
Why is time worthy of respect?

Effort, sure.

But time is just delivery time.

As long as you don't get something LATE, who cares if other people get it early?

I GET the frustration over android variants.

I really don't get why anyone, Cryptic included, should respect time elapsed since purchase. Time SPENT? Sure. Time elapsed? Huh? Why?