Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,061
# 531
10-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxandra View Post
And I discredited your direct response to me because you did not read what I had said. In fact you said and interpreted quite the opposite of what I said. so once gain, either post your valid counterargument to my opinion that this change is something that has not shafted anyone. You feel that 1000 days should reflect 1000 days, great, when the game wasn't F2P I would have agreed with you. It's not now, so once again how do you justify your argument with a no obligation F2P format? I am still waiting for you. Take your time here friend. I look forward to deconstructing your argument piece by piece. Or, you can admit that you misrepresented what I said from the first moment and engage in this discussion like you claim to want to.
What on earth are you talking about? Like I said I have zero intention of indulging you and your self-centered and self-serving view of yourself. You got your answer, whether you like it or not (it was even spoon-fed to you). I swear the people you meet on the internet.
REDALERT chat channel co-founder and operator
Lifetime Subscriber
True Veteran of Star Trek: Online
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10
# 532
10-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxandra View Post
Whut
You have issues fella
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
# 533
10-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
What on earth are you talking about? Like I said I have zero intention of indulging you and your self-centered and self-serving view of yourself. You got your answer, whether you like it or not (it was even spoon-fed to you). I swear the people you meet on the internet.
So, your overall lack of ability to form a coherent and concise argument when I have more than given you the same original point more than once with the same supporting facts that are in regards to this particular incentive means that you are either unable to give a valid counterargument or you are simply intimidated by the fact that your "argument" could be proven wrong. Or perhaps there is a different underlying reason for why you won't legitimately post a valid counterpoint to my opinion based on the facts that surround this program surrounding the LTS. That's fine, it's okay to admit that you have nothing to go on to provide as an argument, I can appreciate that, in fact you're not alone many people have to endure that. Here's the cold hard facts Jack, This program offers a new incentive for LTS as I have now stated more times than I care to count. Also another fact about this, is that nobody has lost out on anything if they are a LTS. Now, frankly I would prefer to see this reward system gone along with the LTS considering that the game is wholly F2P which btw bud, I mentioned that to you in one of my direct responses to your statement which for whatever reason you have magically managed to overlook or disregard for whatever reasons because this system will create nothing but problems in the future since it is already a no obligation game. Making these "rewards" purchasable in game would be a far better solution as far as I am concerned.

However, this particular program while questionable for the longevity of this game does make sense from a business standpoint for hopes of generating more revenue. I have now stated this more than enough for you to get it. If you don't get this point, then the problem lies with you, not me. Nobody said you had to agree with it. All I said were the obvious facts surrounding the situation I made my opinion about in the first place. Which if you were going to engage in an actual discussion you would have acknowledged that.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,061
# 534
10-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxandra View Post
So, your overall lack of ability to form a coherent and concise argument when I have more than given you the same original point more than once with the same supporting facts that are in regards to this particular incentive means that you are either unable to give a valid counterargument or you are simply intimidated by the fact that your "argument" could be proven wrong. Or perhaps there is a different underlying reason for why you won't legitimately post a valid counterpoint to my opinion based on the facts that surround this program surrounding the LTS. That's fine, it's okay to admit that you have nothing to go on to provide as an argument, I can appreciate that, in fact you're not alone many people have to endure that. Here's the cold hard facts Jack, This program offers a new incentive for LTS as I have now stated more times than I care to count. Also another fact about this, is that nobody has lost out on anything if they are a LTS. Now, frankly I would prefer to see this reward system gone along with the LTS considering that the game is wholly F2P which btw bud, I mentioned that to you in one of my direct responses to your statement which for whatever reason you have magically managed to overlook or disregard for whatever reasons because this system will create nothing but problems in the future since it is already a no obligation game. Making these "rewards" purchasable in game would be a far better solution as far as I am concerned.

However, this particular program while questionable for the longevity of this game does make sense from a business standpoint for hopes of generating more revenue. I have now stated this more than enough for you to get it. If you don't get this point, then the problem lies with you, not me. Nobody said you had to agree with it. All I said were the obvious facts surrounding the situation I made my opinion about in the first place. Which if you were going to engage in an actual discussion you would have acknowledged that.
Friend, it's over. Give it a rest already. OMW!
REDALERT chat channel co-founder and operator
Lifetime Subscriber
True Veteran of Star Trek: Online
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
# 535
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
Friend, it's over. Give it a rest already. OMW!
It's okay, I understand your frustration. Enjoy your game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,061
# 536
10-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxandra View Post
It's okay, I understand your frustration. Enjoy your game.
I don't think you understand anything about me friend. What I don't understand however is your persistence in the matter. What are you trying to prove. I mean everything was spelled out for you. Sorry!
REDALERT chat channel co-founder and operator
Lifetime Subscriber
True Veteran of Star Trek: Online
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
# 537
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I don't think you understand anything about me friend. What I don't understand however is your persistence in the matter. I mean I spelled it out for you. Sorry.
And yet you disregarded the counter arguments without even giving a fact to base it off of, it must be nice to think whatever you want and have it actually be true for you. It's okay, I understand, enjoy your game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,061
# 538
10-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxandra View Post
And yet you disregarded the counter arguments without even giving a fact to base it off of, it must be nice to think whatever you want and have it actually be true for you. It's okay, I understand, enjoy your game.
You're a bot aren't you... I'm not here to state facts. I am here for 'forum' and to offer my opinion. You are the one who thinks their opinion is fact.
REDALERT chat channel co-founder and operator
Lifetime Subscriber
True Veteran of Star Trek: Online
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
# 539
10-11-2012, 08:18 PM
with all this talk about their actions being a good business decision, i feel that this statement could not be further from the truth. the only benefit that i can see from this is a quick infusion of capital from the lts subscription sales. what they choose to do with this increase, is a thread all of its own.

now as for why their actions are a bad business decision:

1. is an absolute and utter insult to all gold level subscribers. the people who pay per month, every 3 months or every 6 months are left in the cold by this decision. most of them are re-evaluating their decision to support this game per month and will ultimately result in them either going f2p or lifetime. either way, this detracts from income that could be earned by PWE over time.

2. their actions do nothing to increase loyal customers. loyal customers are those who support this game either through recurring subscriptions or micro-transactions. with all this money blown on the lifetime for some, it would be harder for them to justify spending more money in the immediate future for micro-transactions. these lifers also reap the benefits of never having to pay for character respecs, extra bridge officer slots, inventories and so on. it takes away from revenue that could have been earned from all these various micro transactions.

3. building customer relationships: in the current marketing environment, many successful companies rely on what is called relationship marketing. in a short sense, relationship marketing occurs when a company builds a positive relationship with their customers. this in turn creates customer loyalty and will increase the chances of the customer repeating their business with the company. the decision by PWE outraged many and thus soured the business relationship with those customers. for those who were not outraged, they did nothing to ensure that these customers would remain loyal to PWE after their large one-time transaction. sure, they may be locked in for "life" but it does not mean that they will continue to do business with this company.

Overall, in my opinion, I think PWE sacrificed long term security for a short term gain. I do not think that this was a great business decision. There was too much sacrificed and not enough gained.

PWE should focus on mending relationships with players to entice them to be and remain loyal customers. they need to do some serious advertising to bring in new players. they need to listen to all of their customers and make improvements across the board. invest some money into this game and actually build it out right. if things are actually done right, this game has the potential to be the star it deserves to be instead of the cash cow it is now waiting to be slaughtered.

- my 2 slits of GPL
@sharpe-

Last edited by xsharpex; 10-11-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,323
# 540
10-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Methinks those two need a hose turned on them. =3

Note they are called " Benefit's " instead of " Veteran Rewards " these days.

Meh, a free ship is a free ship, even if I most likely won't my taking it out of it's box, just sticking it in the spare cargo bay.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 AM.