Republic Veteran
# 11
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feargan View Post
Why do people always have to fail at punctuation and grammar?

The point is that we payed more for our lifetime subs than new subscribers will, we waited 1000 days for our 1000 day rewards, and now new subscribers get all the rewards without waiting or paying the same amount.
And so what. I've been here since start and I don't care if someone new wants to shell out $300 for a LTS. I would be more upset if it went to the C store for 2500 zen.

This is more about veteran players wanting to feel special for a day.

“confession is good for the soul”

Career Officer
# 12
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Because it's a VETERAN rewards program, that's why! We're the ones that have loyally supported the game from the beginning. Why should someone who hasn't been in the game for 1000 days get the 1000 day veteran title? This is really a kick in the junk to all the STO loyalists.
Thank you, exactly how I feel. Cryptic just kicked me in the balls.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Career Officer
# 13
10-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:

The point is that we payed more for our lifetime subs than new subscribers will, we waited 1000 days for our 1000 day rewards, and now new subscribers get all the rewards without waiting or paying the same amount.
I'm with you, agree 100%

Career Officer
# 14
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
And so what. I've been here since start and I don't care if someone new wants to shell out $300 for a LTS. I would be more upset if it went to the C store for 2500 zen.

This is more about veteran players wanting to feel special for a day.
I have no problem with new players getting a Lifetime Sub.

I do have a problem with new players getting a Lifetime Sub and getting all the Vet Rewards up to 1000 days instantly, that I've had to personally wait for myself for 1000 real-time days, because that was one of the perks of being a long-time player.

The whole point of Veteran Rewards is now meaningless. They will have to re-name Veteran Rewards to something different, because it no longer means rewards for Veteran players.

Last edited by thedoctorbluebox; 10-09-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 15
10-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:

What I'm trying to say is: why do people who payed for their hard work, and got rewarded for their hard work, have to care that others got things more easier than them?

YOU payed for those things. YOU got rewarded for them. Why should you care about others paying, rewards, or anything of their work?

That's what I'm confused about. What gives people the assumption that they have to watch out for others doing better than them, then get mad that it happened?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Republic Veteran
# 16
10-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
I have no problem with new players getting a Lifetime Sub.

I do have a problem with new players getting a Lifetime Sub and getting all the Vet Rewards up to 1000 days instantly, that I've had to personally wait for myself for 1000 real-time days, because that was one of the perks of being a long-time player.
Those veteran rewards did not exist 1000 days ago. there are lots of silver players who been here a year and might now want to pay 300 bucks for a LTS , not like they are getting stuff for free.

“confession is good for the soul”

Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-09-2012, 03:39 PM
As a 990 day LTS'er, I'd just like to say that I don't give a flip when some newb gets his vet rewards. His/her money keeps the lights on and the servers running. My STO LTS money was spent a long time ago, so glad they have found a way to make LTS subs more appealing to new players.

If you are one of those STO LTS'ers that feel they have recieved a kick to the jewels, calm down, take a deep breath, and realize that you are not a special unique snowflake. There is no coolness attached to having a 1000-day pile o' pixels that someone else didn't have to wait 1000 days to get.

Its a game. Don't take it, or yourselves, so seriously.
Career Officer
# 18
10-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Don't you see, they have demolished the meaning and definition of "Veteran Rewards" now. Veteran Rewards, by definition meant a reward you received every 100 days of being subbed.

Now that you get these rewards instantly, without waiting 100 days for each new one, they have to re-name it. "Veteran" Reward no longer applies, by definition. See how they've completely ruined what it meant?

Captain
# 19
10-09-2012, 04:05 PM
If a scrub could cough up TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS, I'd say let him have it. He's paying for his game, and all of our's.

The Veteran titles remain because there are Gold players in this game still paying month to month, and earning their keep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 20
10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Long time "Veteran" players are the ones getting kicked in the nads, we no longer have anything unique that separates us from people that are new to the game. Purchase a LFT Sub now, and you get all the stuff that people playing this game for 3 years have had to wait for every 100 days? It is very unfair to the long-term players, the "Veterans" of this game. We no longer have anything unique. Veteran Rewards, are instantly no longer Veteran Rewards.