Career Officer
# 41
10-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feargan View Post
Because it's a VETERAN rewards program, that's why! We're the ones that have loyally supported the game from the beginning. Why should someone who hasn't been in the game for 1000 days get the 1000 day veteran title? This is really a kick in the junk to all the STO loyalists.
dude, honestly, its a few title, and a ship, skin varient. most of the lifers do nothing but complain about the lack of rewards and generally refer to them as meaningless, now most of those same people (not saying you as i havnt seen you complain) are complaining that their meaningless rewards are being given to people who would be garunteed to recieve them anyways. (i could see the argument if they were giving it to anyone who subbed for a month, but anyone who gets a lifetime is basically garunteed them anyways)..
Career Officer
# 42
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Instead of timebased titles.

How about titles based on how much money you've spent in the game?

No one likes that idea?

Who cares about the time titles anyway. They don't apply based on the time spent playing the game.

Someone could have purchased an LTS early in the game and then shelved it.

They come back and suddenly they're Dauntless or whatever.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 43
10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Nope, because I'm not waiting in line for anything. What line is there a line outside Quinn's office for rewards. Are vets sitting in ESD and just waiting for stuff every 100 days. I barely think about the vet rewards till maybe a week, then I get it and move on.
Well there are many who have been waiting for this ship, and now the new guys get to pass them by and cry out, "suckers!"
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 44 lol
10-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
As a 990 day LTS'er, I'd just like to say that I don't give a flip when some newb gets his vet rewards. His/her money keeps the lights on and the servers running. My STO LTS money was spent a long time ago, so glad they have found a way to make LTS subs more appealing to new players.

If you are one of those STO LTS'ers that feel they have recieved a kick to the jewels, calm down, take a deep breath, and realize that you are not a special unique snowflake. There is no coolness attached to having a 1000-day pile o' pixels that someone else didn't have to wait 1000 days to get.

Its a game. Don't take it, or yourselves, so seriously.

That loosened my stools!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!
Republic Veteran
# 45
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Well there are many who have been waiting for this ship, and now the new guys get to pass them by and cry out, "suckers!"
Ah the new guys, what about the silver players who have been here a year, and did not want a LTS and now they are more incline to get one. what about gold members who were here before F2p started, left because they did not want to pay came back as silver and kept playing, and now might want to go LTS.

They also invested time in the game,but this is really not about who invested time, because if it was then sliver players who been here for a year should get vet rewards.

Career Officer
# 46
10-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Ah the new guys, what about the silver players who have been here a year, and did not want a LTS and now they are more incline to get one. what about gold members who were here before F2p started, left because they did not want to pay came back as silver and kept playing, and now might want to go LTS.

They also invested time in the game,but this is really not about who invested time, because if it was then sliver players who been here for a year should get vet rewards.
Those who subscribed to STO long before F2P shouldn't get dissed like what Cryptic did, period. If Silver Players invest in LTS, fine, but they shouldn't get the full benefits that took 3 years for others to achieve.

You know, someone should make a political cartoon of this.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 47
10-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Here is the crux, we use to get rewarded for time played in the game, or time subbed, now, we don't. This has been taken away from long-term players. Veterans of this game have once again, been devalued. I've supported this game for 3 years, and over time Veterans of this game keep getting more and more devalued. I know it's all about money, this is a way to get people to spend money on Life time Subs now that the game is f2p. That doesn't excuse the fact that Veteran Rewards no longer means Veteran Rewards. It is now an instant reward that all you have to do is spend a few hundred dollars to get. Veterans just got a punch in the face.

I don't think Cryptic appreciates its long-term veteran players anymore, you know, us, the people that spent tons of money on this game over the years and who have supported it through the hard times.

I was one of the most vocal people before this game when F2P, in support of F2P, saying nothing but positive things about how F2P will be good for this game. My mind is quickly changing on that topic.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us

Last edited by thedoctorbluebox; 10-09-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 48
10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbomberdavid View Post
I need a new skin for my Ferengi Na'Far shuttle so people know i paid the full 800 lobi price!!!! not the pauper 300 price it sells for now. Yes i need people to know how big my lobes are!!!

You could say that's the 'long and short' of it.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Republic Veteran
# 49
10-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Those who subscribed to STO long before F2P shouldn't get dissed like what Cryptic did, period. If Silver Players invest in LTS, fine, but they shouldn't get the full benefits that took 3 years for others to achieve.

You know, someone should make a political cartoon of this.
How did we get dissed please tell me, did cryptic take my reward away, and gave it to the silver players.

Career Officer
# 50
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Whoa, I just read the front page blog, I can't say I like the idea that new lifetime subs will get all the current veteran rewards. It demeans the nature of veteran rewards. Veteran Rewards were something special, something that long time players could really benefit from, but now everyone can get them with new lifetime subs? I don't like that, it makes the veteran rewards less unique and meaningful. It dumbs it down.

Pretty soon everyone's gonna have all the same rewards at Gold/Lifetime/Long-Time Players, and there will be no differences between long-time players and new players. Perhaps that is their goal, to meld the two? But as a long-time player, who is past 900 days, been playing since open beta, and who bought the lifetime in year 1 of this game, I feel like you are taking uniqueness away from me. Making my 3 years of playing, less meaningful. We should be rewarded for our time in this game, and just giving it away to new lifetime subs takes that away from those of us that have been in this game for several years.
My bad, i thought your accomplishments IN the game were more meaningful than rewards awarded simply for having subscribed to a game earlyer than other people.

For all we know, some people bought Lifetime sub at launch, played maybe 2-3 months and only came back recently to see what is new. Now tell me, how is that an accomplishment deserving any special reward?

But i agree that the concept of Veteran reward should disapear and instead be renamed Perks for Longtime Investment