Career Officer
# 51 we get it...
10-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Don't you see, they have demolished the meaning and definition of "Veteran Rewards" now. Veteran Rewards, by definition meant a reward you received every 100 days of being subbed.

Now that you get these rewards instantly, without waiting 100 days for each new one, they have to re-name it. "Veteran" Reward no longer applies, by definition. See how they've completely ruined what it meant?
It is not that people don't understand what you are saying, were are smart, we all like star trek right??? yes we all have that in common. For many people it just does not rate high enough on the things to do list each day to really care one way or another. However, since im a "big tent" game player, i hope they will do something that will assuage the players that think this is an issue of some importance.
Republic Veteran
# 52
10-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Here is the crux, we use to get rewarded for time played in the game, or time subbed, now, we don't. This has been taken away from long-term players. Veterans of this game have once again, been devalued. I've supported this game for 3 years, and over time Veterans of this game keep getting more and more devalued. I know it's all about money, this is a way to get people to spend money on Life time Subs now that the game is f2p. That doesn't excuse the fact that Veteran Rewards no longer means Veteran Rewards. It is now an instant reward that all you have to do is spend a few hundred dollars to get. Veterans just got a punch in the face.

I don't think Cryptic appreciates its long-term veteran players anymore, you know, us, the people that spent tons of money on this game over the years and who have supported it through the hard times.

I was one of the most vocal people before this game when F2P, in support of F2P, saying nothing but positive things about how F2P will be good for this game. My mind is quickly changing on that topic.
My face feels just fine

Once a person got a LTS back in the day, they did not need to spend money anymore, and now that it's free to play you still don't have to spend money as a lifer.

Now have a jelly baby and a good night sleep and it will get better as the days go by

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 53
10-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
How did we get dissed please tell me, did cryptic take my reward away, and gave it to the silver players.
Feel free to read my posts again.
Career Officer
# 54
10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I guess Star Trek Online is now all about new free to play players, their focus is to please and appease new players. Old players are left in the dust..... This game no loner appreciates the Veteran player. Cryptic is only concerned about getting more new people to play, and figuring out new ways how they can give Cryptic real money. Money Grabs, Money Sinks, Gambling devices to waste away your money, that is what this game is all about now. This is one more way Cryptic has figured out how they can get new people to give them hundreds of dollars for a LFT Sub.

Sorry I sound harsh, but we must face what the realities of this game are now, compared to what they use to be.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Career Officer
# 55
10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Feel free to read my posts again.
Man, it is amusing. Just by reading your signature i can see you are THAT type of guy who "needs" to feel special like a unique snowflake.

I hope tomorrow will not crash your party too hard when you'll realize you are just another wolf in the pack haha

( Only a humorous comment. No insult intended )
Career Officer
# 56
10-09-2012, 10:19 PM
There is no longer any luv from Cryptic for folks who have helped keep the servers running since the game went live...

I spent the first year of the game, subbing at $15 bucks a month (+the $40 to buy the game), then bought a LTS just before the 1st anniversary at $239.00.

But...

I also have spent more than $2800 dollars over and above all that, on assorted (Maxi-priced) items offered in the C/Zen store just by being around since then...

(Edit: I forgot about all the different versions of the game I've bought over the last two years... some of them were purchased while on sale, but my grand total monetary investment in this game, is actually well over $3500.00)

My entertainment time and my hard earned money are valuable to me... I spent it here instead of other places...

Granted it was my choice to do so, but it would be nice if They at the very least could keep the Vet Titles based on actual time subscribed to the game and days gone by...

..not just give it to those folks who have ponied-up the money with no investment of time.

I'm peeved that my time spent with Them from the beginning, supporting the game, has become meaningless...

Even though I'm a bit excited that I don't have to wait till December to get the new ship.

I find my feelings to be very diametrically opposed at the moment.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-09-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 57
10-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
There is no longer any luv from Cryptic for folks who have helped keep the servers running since the game went live...

I spent the first year subbing at $15 bucks a month (+the $40 to buy the game), then bought an LTS just before the 1st anniversary at $239.00.

But...

I also have spent more than $2800 dollars over and above all that, on assorted (Maxi-priced)items offered in the C/Zen store...

My entertainment time and my hard earned money are valuable to me...

Granted it was my choice to do so, but it would be nice if They at the very least could keep the Vet Titles based on actual time subscribed to the game and days gone by...

..not just give it to those out to folks who have ponied-up the money with no investment of time. .
Thank you, agree
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Career Officer
# 58
10-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
I guess Star Trek Online is now all about new free to play players, their focus is to please and appease new players. Old players are left in the dust..... This game no loner appreciates the Veteran player. Cryptic is only concerned about getting more new people to play, and figuring out new ways how they can give Cryptic real money. Money Grabs, Money Sinks, Gambling devices to waste away your money, that is what this game is all about now. This is one more way Cryptic has figured out how they can get new people to give them hundreds of dollars for a LFT Sub.

Sorry I sound harsh, but we must face what the realities of this game are now, compared to what they use to be.
To be realistic, old players with Lifetime subs who are never buying Zen are not helping one notch to keep the game alive.

The game needs money, it always will. Even after selling these new Lifetiem offers, Cryptic will still need to put more gambling boxes and stuff in the store and hope to sell it to players, especially to players who do not need to pay anymore to play.
Lieutenant
# 59
10-09-2012, 10:38 PM
All the BOO HOO. ya know Alot of us Paid for the game. We bought the Various Deluxe Collectors edition Etc etc only to have the Goodies sold on the C-store or become vet rewards. Meh so now ya buy a life Sub ya get it all. Heck i may finaly buy one now. I refused after the Per order Billing debacle. But im over the BOO HOO buthurt.
Career Officer
# 60 Bling Master !!!
10-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Instead of timebased titles.

How about titles based on how much money you've spent in the game?

No one likes that idea?

They come back and suddenly they're Dauntless or whatever.

It is a Great idea!!! Lol. New titles like Mr. Bling, Da'LobeMeister, RichyRich, and Perfect World Tycoon. etc..

Also, the more you spend the more "bling" that shows. Gold chains, rings, shiny gold tooth, etc...