Career Officer
# 81
10-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I'll bring pitchforks!

Yes, we are thankful for your contribution. We just wished you were as thankful for it too.
I haven't changed my feelings toward the game, just a bit toward the Folks running it..,

They are the ones who seem to have forgotten to be Thankful.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Captain
# 82
10-09-2012, 11:29 PM
NWN looks terrrrrrrible. Well, at least maybe because TERA burnt my retinas so bad all I see are now Elin *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 83
10-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
So they won't shoot themselves it the foot for a one time monetary boost? I think my odds of an OP Vesta just got better!
Problem being that LTSers are already sold. They aren't devaluing the rest of their subscription options for us because... there are no more subscription options for us. They also aren't devaluing their monthly sub because they already did that when making the leap to F2P by making unlocks retainable after "downgrading" to Silver. The monthly sub has no value beyond the first month now (unless you fail to see how it works and sub at the beginning then don't bother leveling your characters while you're Gold).

Realistically this isn't a bad business decision (like an OP Vesta would be)... it's a bad PR move. A good business decision poorly done, and badly relayed. They should have announced this previously, or waited. They also should have made a token gesture to the early adopters first a title and a few trinkets.

All-in-all this could gave been a good move all around if they'd handled it better. But Cryptic always fails there. It's a theme, and explains why word of mouth for their games has been relatively poisonous since the day Champions launched. I swear to God their PR and marketing departments are staffed exclusively by lobotomized chimps.
# 84 Yes!!!
10-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post
This game needs new blood and new money anyway

Let's get rid of all these old grumpy Lifetime squatters i say!

Finally someone with sense. Send them to the dilithium mines to grind until their penance it up!!! Give them a new sack cloth uniform and shaved heads until they have groveled their apologies to the new blood!!! Punish all the lazy lifers!!! Unless, of course, they have the "Perfectworld's PayPal Patsy" accolade or the "Cryptic Capitalist Crony" title given to those that have bought zen points every month or are in the top 10% of spenders since launch.
Captain
# 85
10-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
Problem being that LTSers are already sold. They aren't devaluing the rest of their subscription options for us because... there are no more subscription options for us. They also aren't devaluing their monthly sub because they already did that when making the leap to F2P by making unlocks retainable after "downgrading" to Silver. The monthly sub has no value beyond the first month now (unless you fail to see how it works and sub at the beginning then don't bother leveling your characters while you're Gold).

Realistically this isn't a bad business decision (like an OP Vesta would be)... it's a bad PR move. A good business decision poorly done, and badly relayed. They should have announced this previously, or waited. They also should have made a token gesture to the early adopters first a title and a few trinkets.

All-in-all this could gave been a good move all around if they'd handled it better. But Cryptic always fails there. It's a theme, and explains why word of mouth for their games has been relatively poisonous since the day Champions launched. I swear to God their PR and marketing departments are staffed exclusively by lobotomized chimps.
So what you are saying is that you are 100% certain they won't do an OP Vesta for another year-end sales blip? No chance they would make a move like that at all?
Career Officer
# 86
10-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
So what you are saying is that you are 100% certain they won't do an OP Vesta for another year-end sales blip? No chance they would make a move like that at all?
There's a chance they'll all use hatchets to hollow themselves out some monkey carcasses and start wearing them as hats and start a new fashion trend that will become all the rage in Paris.

There's a chance of anything.

The question is never whether or not there's a chance, the question is how likely something is...
# 87
10-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
There's a chance they'll all use hatchets to hollow themselves out some monkey carcasses and start wearing them as hats and start a new fashion trend that will become all the rage in Paris.

There's a chance of anything.

The question is never whether or not there's a chance, the question is how likely something is...
Well the I guess you are saying that there is as much chance of them making an OP Vesta as there is them keeping any promises to KDF players?
Career Officer
# 88
10-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Well the I guess you are saying that there is as much chance of them making an OP Vesta as there is them keeping any promises to KDF players?
I think the former is spectacularly unlikely. I think the latter depends on a number of factors... but is spectacularly unlikely.
# 89
10-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Gotta say, I'm with the people AGAINST LTS auto-getting all Veteran Rewards. It's a cheap way for them to try to grab new LTS, and their $200-$300 each. And honestly, this would NOT sway me to buy an LTS if I did not already have one.

Seriously though... the easy fix for this, at least for me and the OP, is to make all in-game titles, and the forum title, that are derived from "Veteran Status," still require the time spent subscribed. I could honestly, at this point, care less if he gets all the other Veteran Rewards, but I'd like for there to be recognition that the actual Veterans DID wait for their rewards.

But, sadly, Cryptic... or rather, PWE, isn't going to do that, and we all know it. They're in it for the quick buck.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Lieutenant
# 90
10-10-2012, 12:16 AM
I don't see why anyone would care. New LTS purchasers will not in any capacity influence previous LTS purchasers' gameplay.

STO has virtually no incentive for one to purchase a monthly subscription beyond the foundry, let alone a LTS. This was a great idea. In fact, I might actually buy a LTS now. Before this change I would never have even considered it.