Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
This thing is getting out of control, it seems like its compressed cryo arcwave setting always crits and freezes you to. A weapon with this built in freezing ability should not me more powereful then a fleet pulsewave too, it needs balancing.
Commander
# 2
10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
This thing is getting out of control, it seems like its compressed cryo arcwave setting always crits and freezes you to. A weapon with this built in freezing ability should not me more powereful then a fleet pulsewave too, it needs balancing.
Can I mount this to the front of my wells? If not, then please give me the ability to while your looking at this issue.
Captain
# 3
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM
why would you want to do that what does this have to do with a wells anyway.
Captain
# 4
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
yeah fallout, i think that would be great on the wells class.

i'll just bring over my spot welder next time we hang out.
Captain
# 5
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
It doesn't always crit. If they are getting a high amount of crit, it's probably because they have a Gambling Device.

But it does have a high chance of slowing (35% and 66% for primary and secondary).

If we're going to complain about secondary affects, the Klingon Honor Guard has a 50% for repel (primary), and 70% for knockback (secondary). Please fix that. It's ruining balance.

Type two phaser pistol, Bajoran Phaser Rifle, and Ferengi Energy Whip has a 100% chance to reduce run speed by 50% with the secondary fire. Please fix that. It's ruining balance.

FYI, a chance to freeze with the Compressed Cyro Launcher is 2.5%. Lower than the CRM200 (which has a 25% on secondary fire).

If you want to complain about the Cyro Launcher, complain about the lack of significant cold resists.
Commander
# 6
10-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
yeah fallout, i think that would be great on the wells class.

i'll just bring over my spot welder next time we hang out.
Lets weld a ferengi whip on my aft weapon slot as well. I'll whip that tail around and slow ships by 50%
Captain
# 7
10-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Lets weld a ferengi whip on my aft weapon slot as well. I'll whip that tail around and slow ships by 50%
might need an RCS to max that, we can test it.
Career Officer
# 8
10-09-2012, 06:02 PM
LOL ground /10char. :|

Nah, I feel for you ground dudes.

They need to chuck it and copy a real ground pvp game to replace the current one.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 9
10-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
It doesn't always crit. If they are getting a high amount of crit, it's probably because they have a Gambling Device.

But it does have a high chance of slowing (35% and 66% for primary and secondary).

If we're going to complain about secondary affects, the Klingon Honor Guard has a 50% for repel (primary), and 70% for knockback (secondary). Please fix that. It's ruining balance.

Type two phaser pistol, Bajoran Phaser Rifle, and Ferengi Energy Whip has a 100% chance to reduce run speed by 50% with the secondary fire. Please fix that. It's ruining balance.

FYI, a chance to freeze with the Compressed Cyro Launcher is 2.5%. Lower than the CRM200 (which has a 25% on secondary fire).

If you want to complain about the Cyro Launcher, complain about the lack of significant cold resists.

From my experience far more people are getting 1 shot kills using the cryo then using other pulsewaves, they aren't getting 1 shot kills with the HG pulsewave or those other weapons you mentioned. None of those weapons are nearly as powerful as that cryo launcher it ruins ground pvp.

There does need to be more cold resists i agree with you there.
Captain
# 10
10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
LOL ground /10char. :|

Nah, I feel for you ground dudes.

They need to chuck it and copy a real ground pvp game to replace the current one.
Space pvp isn't in a better state unfortunatley, endless z-store console spam, lockbox ships, subnuc Doff and other OP Doff's, and lack of premades causing premades to Pug gank.