Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Space pvp isn't in a better state unfortunatley, endless z-store console spam, lockbox ships, subnuc Doff and other OP Doff's, and lack of premades causing premades to Pug gank.
Yeah, but Space PvP is fun despite that junk.

They just need to fix those SNB doffs and it is all good.

Premades will always be a "problem" in any game that rewards teamplay.

When I play I have no problems finding pugs to have fun with.
Captain
# 12
10-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
From my experience far more people are getting 1 shot kills using the cryo then using other pulsewaves, they aren't getting 1 shot kills with the HG pulsewave or those other weapons you mentioned. None of those weapons are nearly as powerful as that cryo launcher it ruins ground pvp.

There does need to be more cold resists i agree with you there.
High damage is probably from the secondary fire. With no significant resistance to cold, you're getting the full damage.

If you get shot in the back, it can be pretty devastating, without the critical hits.
Commander
# 13
10-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
It doesn't always crit. If they are getting a high amount of crit, it's probably because they have a Gambling Device.

But it does have a high chance of slowing (35% and 66% for primary and secondary).

If we're going to complain about secondary affects, the Klingon Honor Guard has a 50% for repel (primary), and 70% for knockback (secondary). Please fix that. It's ruining balance.

Type two phaser pistol, Bajoran Phaser Rifle, and Ferengi Energy Whip has a 100% chance to reduce run speed by 50% with the secondary fire. Please fix that. It's ruining balance.

FYI, a chance to freeze with the Compressed Cyro Launcher is 2.5%. Lower than the CRM200 (which has a 25% on secondary fire).

If you want to complain about the Cyro Launcher, complain about the lack of significant cold resists.
This is entirely accurate. The cryo launcher's proc is not a problem; in fact, it's right about where it should be to be different without being better or worse. And the crit rate is no higher than other weapons. The fact that it does between 2 and 4 times the damage of a standard pulsewave to health, because of the lack of resists, is the real issue.