Lieutenant
Have opened 90 of these lockboxes and not one Wells Class. Not only that but 8 Gamma Doff packs "IN A ROW" multiple times, broke up by other prizes that seem worthless ie The Weapon packs and 100 Fleet Mark bonuses.. All and all in 90 only 2 rares both the "Single Temporal Officer"

Just curious what the hit rate is on these??
Captain
# 2
10-09-2012, 03:37 PM
check the temporal lock box chances on stowiki.org and you'll see. The chance table there is levi3's experiment with 145 boxes. And he got no Wells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Lieutenant
# 3
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
145?? Wow, wow. Well that is a real eye opener
Captain
# 4
10-09-2012, 04:19 PM
There is a reason I don't open lockboxes. I know the drop rates are almost stupidly miniscule. It's kind of your fault for participating in the lock box scam.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 5
10-09-2012, 05:26 PM
if people stopped buying the damned keys and opening the "stealing your money boxes" they'd stop doing them. it's supply and demand... the worst imaginable kind... the most evil part of capitalism... taking advantage of addiction and obsession for personal gain... no different than a drug dealer or cigarette seller... the difference being that it's more likened to the most shady parts of Nevada... the kind of place that makes sure you lose almost 100% of the time... but in the case of lock boxes, you pay real money and get nothing real in return... not only that, but STO will not be around 5 years from now so you are paying for a VERY short term investment... and 5 years is being optimistic, Perfect World doesn't keep games around that long... STO was doomed the moment they bought the game.
why is it that so many bugs and glitches go ignored?
Captain
# 6
10-09-2012, 05:33 PM
The only good part I have had as a result of lockboxes is the fact that idiots will buy the keys. So naturally I take advantage of this by buying keys and selling them to stupid people. I feel bad since I am not only profiting off of this scam but I am also encouraging it by buying the keys in the first place...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
# 7
10-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Sadly a few more boxes are in my future, but once I hit 800 lobi, if my luck has not turned around well there will be no more lockboxes in my future ever. Just not worth it at all. Just easier and cheaper to get the EC
Career Officer
# 8
10-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
The only good part I have had as a result of lockboxes is the fact that idiots will buy the keys. So naturally I take advantage of this by buying keys and selling them to stupid people. I feel bad since I am not only profiting off of this scam but I am also encouraging it by buying the keys in the first place...
I take offense at that comment.

I purchased a ten-pack of keys on the day that temporal lock-boxes were released, hoping to obtain some polarized disruptors for my mirror Deep Space Science Vessel. On key nine of that first ten-pack I won a Wells class.

I'm not an idiot, just extremely fortunate (and the Wells class is fantastic!).

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I'm not an idiot, just extremely fortunate (and the Wells class is fantastic!).
And a b*stard you b*stard

I must have opened a few hundred of the boxes since the cardie boxes first appeared mostly with EC bought keys. What have I got to show for it?
A scarf.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Career Officer
# 10
10-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
And a b*stard you b*stard

I must have opened a few hundred of the boxes since the cardie boxes first appeared mostly with EC bought keys. What have I got to show for it?
A scarf.

To be fair, I opened a bunch of Cardie lock-boxes - the content of those were about as much use to me as a waterproof teabag.

As I result I didn't bother with the Ferengi ones - ignored them altogether.

Opened a few Tholian ones, and to be fair received some decent goods from those.

But make no mistake - whilst absolutely delighted with my Wells class, I visit the forums on a daily basis and am more than aware that having obtained one makes me incredibly lucky! Just a pity that everyone thinks that the Mobius is better.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY