Lt. Commander
# 61
10-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
His point is that LTS is now the heavy favorite over gold subs. If you consider the value over time, you have to sub for three years before the investment pays back, whereas the rewards you instantly receive for becoming LTS repay your investment immediately. It would be silly to say that gold subs have an advantage over LTSers now.
I read it different i guess. To me it sounded like he was saying there is no value in gold membership at all. That's flat out false, gold holds huge value over silver.

Obviously the relationship between gold and lts is going to be relative to each individual. For me it was a no brainer, i bought my lts today having been a gold subscriber off and on from day 1 for a 536 days in my account.
Career Officer
# 62
10-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Come to think of it... One has to wonder where STO would have been without people like the OP...

Monthly subscribers, who ensured income to STO during 2011 when they released NOTHING...

Maybe some people should take a step back, and look at that side of the facts... Cause without them... No one else would be here, cause here would not be.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 63
10-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Come to think of it... One has to wonder where STO would have been without people like the OP...

Monthly subscribers, who ensured income to STO during 2011 when they released NOTHING...

Maybe some people should take a step back, and look at that side of the facts... Cause without them... No one else would be here, cause here would not be.
Here's the thing, people who sub when they aren't happy aren't doing Cryptic any favors and don't deserve loyalty paybacks.

If you're not happy, don't expect reparations.
Career Officer
# 64
10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Here's the thing, people who sub when they aren't happy aren't doing Cryptic any favors and don't deserve loyalty paybacks.

Heres the thing... These people WERE doing cryptic a HUGE favor...

Really sucks that people like you don't see that.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Starfleet Veteran
# 65
10-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:

im not happy now! Im not happy since they killed vet rewards. To me that is like saying we dont have the time to make a stupid belt buckle that is unique to you people that have paid and stuck with us all this time. Further more wanna pay life now we will give you everything that we gave vets for sticking with us these 1000 days.
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
NO im not done!

Cryptic I know you read these sometimes.

You cant produce a 1100 vet reward that is special to us vets that have paid you life or that is gold sub. You cant produce a stupid belt buckle in a 100 days? You cant produce a special uniform shirt at 1200 days for people like me that have stuck around and paying you $79 every 6 months?? Thats why im not paying you 79 in March. Because you slap the face of every paying/paid sub player but not doing that. I wish I did not like the game so much. But I do.. Because Cryptic you lost a fan
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
im not happy now! Im not happy since they killed vet rewards. To me that is like saying we dont have the time to make a stupid belt buckle that is unique to you people that have paid and stuck with us all this time. Further more wanna pay life now we will give you everything that we gave vets for sticking with us these 1000 days.
Buyers remorse. You shouldve bought the lts back then.

Here is what you get. Your reward. Cause what youvpaid dor was the fame you played.

Now cryptic an pwe have to think. How am i gonna keep generating enough income? Oh i know offer lts ro peeps and offer the rewards. Cause if they didnt. They wouldnt be selling any lts. Because 3 years from now this game wont be here.

Be content. You played a cool fame longer. You prolly made friends and have memories. And now you are going to have a ship that very few people will have.
Starfleet Veteran
# 68
10-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
Buyers remorse. You shouldve bought the lts back then.

Here is what you get. Your reward. Cause what youvpaid dor was the fame you played.

Now cryptic an pwe have to think. How am i gonna keep generating enough income? Oh i know offer lts ro peeps and offer the rewards. Cause if they didnt. They wouldnt be selling any lts. Because 3 years from now this game wont be here.

Be content. You played a cool fame longer. You prolly made friends and have memories. And now you are going to have a ship that very few people will have.
ok I am a big big typo person I really am! But I dont have a clue what you just said. Copy and past you post to ms works or word and do a spell check
Commander
# 69
10-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:

Here's the thing....

What if for the most part I WAS happy until this exact moment in time?
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Survivor of Remus
# 70
10-10-2012, 02:40 PM
In a way it feels like Star Wars Galaxies' NGE....and as hard as I try,I can't shake this bad feeling.