Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 423
# 71
10-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
In a way it feels like Star Wars Galaxies' NGE....and as hard as I try,I can't shake this bad feeling.
I guess I know the pain my friend has felt for a long time until SWG died.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 315
# 72
10-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
In a way it feels like Star Wars Galaxies' NGE....and as hard as I try,I can't shake this bad feeling.
I'm curious to understand the similarities. NGE was a major game mechanic change. This is just giving some people items they were eventually going to get anyway.
Kobayashi Maru
Join Date: Sept 2008


"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,084
# 73
10-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Oy vey.

NGE changed every aspect of Star Wars.

All this does is accelerate the time table of vet rewards for people who buy them.

I can see DEBATE over this change but if this makes you think of NGE, I think you have MMO PTSD.

I admit I feel sorry for MMO devs out there who have to live with every decision they make getting weighed against NGE.

If I had to draft a marketing plan for an MMO, I'd probably hire half the NGE team and post a big disclaimer: "Not for former Star Wars Galaxies Players!" I mean, sheesh, WoW players get grief but most of them tend to come into other MMOs with constructive advice.

Invoking NGE is the MMO equivalent of Godwin's law. It belongs on the forum language filter. :-)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,084
# 74
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Heres the thing... These people WERE doing cryptic a HUGE favor...

Really sucks that people like you don't see that.
That's not how Cryptic sees it or should see it. They see it as a business transaction where you got a fair value for what you paid for.

Don't buy something from someone you see as a charity case.

Odds are, whether or not you see it as doing someone a favor, they see it as an equitable exchange. If you don't see it as equitable, don't buy until they change it to something worth buying.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,084
# 75
10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
Here's the thing....

What if for the most part I WAS happy until this exact moment in time?
Why would you suddenly be unhappy?

Cryptic has a history of offering things at better terms or a reduced price later. You got everything that was offered to you when you bought it.

All that changed was the delivery time.

New lifers aren't getting things SOONER than you. You aren't LOSING anything.

It's only an injury if you believe in paying to be special instead of paying for what you want. Don't do that and there's no injury.

You got $50 worth of accumulated ZEN over the last 10 months.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 688
# 76
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
EDIT: Never mind.

Failure to understand why anyone cares.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 423
# 77
10-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
I'm curious to understand the similarities. NGE was a major game mechanic change. This is just giving some people items they were eventually going to get anyway.
I thought the poster I was quoting meant the shock and "WTF'ness" that hte NGE brought with the similarities of X time for Y things (Jedi rankingm etc) being given out all of a sudden to almost everyone instantly.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 423
# 78
10-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Why would you suddenly be unhappy?

Cryptic has a history of offering things at better terms or a reduced price later. You got everything that was offered to you when you bought it.

All that changed was the delivery time.

New lifers aren't getting things SOONER than you. You aren't LOSING anything.

It's only an injury if you believe in paying to be special instead of paying for what you want. Don't do that and there's no injury.

You got $50 worth of accumulated ZEN over the last 10 months.
Hmm is that so?

Lets make a fast comparison:

Two brand new players
  • one buys LTS
  • one is going to do one of the normal payment methods

The one with the LTS will get all the Vet Rewards in that 1 day and the one that is a normal sub will have to wait 1000 days. I think there is a "sooner" there.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,084
# 79
10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
Hmm is that so?

Lets make a fast comparison:

Two brand new players
  • one buys LTS
  • one is going to do one of the normal payment methods

The one with the LTS will get all the Vet Rewards in that 1 day and the one that is a normal sub will have to wait 1000 days. I think there is a "sooner" there.
Vet rewards were always earned by paying. They just created expedited delivery.

They may get them FASTER but they didn't get them sooner.

You got them today.

It only matters if you think money entitles you to feel special. It doesn't and shouldn't.

You got exactly what you paid for, as promised and on time or better.

And you have NO RIGHT to an opinion about what someone else gets relative to you.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 423
# 80
10-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Vet rewards were always earned by paying. They just created expedited delivery.

They may get them FASTER but they didn't get them sooner.

You got them today.

It only matters if you think money entitles you to feel special. It doesn't and shouldn't.

You got exactly what you paid for, as promised and on time or better.

And you have NO RIGHT to an opinion about what someone else gets relative to you.
Please elaborate. Are you saying that I said no one deserves rewards at all? If so, you misunderstood.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM.