Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 1 This forum is on fire! What's up?
10-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Delicious tears and glorious flames are being shed. This is where PVP really lives on STO, folks.

The coordinated demolition of so many sacred cows in one shot sounds like a plot by the devs. Throw all the hard painful stuff out all at once. Set everything on fire. Brace for Impact.

And yet... I sense that its not over yet. Something big is coming, and maybe they are hoping that this 'thing' might redeem them.

So... what next? I wonder what else have they planned? Any guesses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,590
# 2
10-10-2012, 03:05 AM
Betcha whatever it is they screw it up.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 160
# 3
10-10-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Betcha whatever it is they screw it up.
That is the safest bet you will ever make.
[Rant]
The only thing Cryptic has done well since season 2 is irritate their player base with undelivered promises and gouge money from us at every single turn.
Constant changes in game mechanics that require us, the customer, to pay money to stay in line with the new game mechanics. Oh, sorry guys, we just changed a bunch of stuff & now all your toons are out of date. To min max your toons again will only cost you another $5 each. Oh, you have 10 toons? SUCKER!!!!!
How about instead of punching us in the groin every time one of your brilliant Devs gets another idea, you give every toon a free respec EVERY SINGLE TIME ANY GAME MECHANIC GETS CHANGED?
This game is like flying on an airline.
You're buying your ticket online? there's a fee for that. Buying from our ticket agent? We got a fee for that too. Travel agent?, No problem, we can charge you extra for that also.
Oh, you want a window seat? That will cost you extra. You want an aisle seat? More money. Your family wants to sit together? That will be more money. Would you like a pillow & blanket? $5 please. Each. No you don't get to keep it, it's a rental.
Oh, you have an extra suitcase? $25 dollars.+ an extra handling fee. Oh we lost your luggage? We would be happy to return your luggage to you. Just as s soon as you pay us for the extra gas our plane used flying your luggage back & forth to Cairo, Eqypt. You where just flying from San Francisco to L.A.? Oh dear, sorry, theres an extra international customs inspection charge you'll have to pay also. Everything was missing from your suitcase after you got it back except for your Justin Bieber CD's?. For a small fee you can file a stolen article report.
Would you like to watch a movie? $5. Oh, you need earphones? $5 more .
Are you hungry? would you like Peanuts? A sandwich? $10 please. Would you like a glass of water? $5 please. Would you like ice? Of course, we'd be happy to provide you with ice. Only $1 a cube.
In the event of an emergency, an airmask will drop from the ceiling. Please insert a credit card into the slot on your chairs arm & air will be disbursed, for a $5 per minute fee. If you get sick we will happily sell you a barf bag for the low low cost of $10. Disposal of said bag will be a further $10. To use the restroom, please insert your Credit card into the slot provided on the toilet for your convenience. For #1 the fee will be $5 a pint, for #2 $5 per lump.
I'm pretty sick of this business model.

[/Rant.]
Time played in game. as of 9/12/12 (on my mains) Total 2907 hours.K'zoontite has been on active duty for 34 days, 3 hours, Bot Fly has been on active duty for 55 days, 4 hours, Poppa Capp has been on active duty for 4 days, 12 hours, B'zooka has been on active duty for 12 days, 22 hours,Tater(fed) has been on active duty for 14 days, 10 hours,

Last edited by amidoinitright; 10-10-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 4
10-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Lets BURN THIS MO'FO DOWN, Pookie!!!!


<sorry got caught up in the zeal>
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 5
10-10-2012, 07:30 AM
It's a SUPER OP VESTA!!! With Phased battle cloak!!!

Yeah Baby!!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 6
10-10-2012, 07:47 AM
It's simple enough.

The Wells-class was the straw that broke the camel's back for PWE's troubled relationship with CBS.

PWE knows (whether or not they've been explicitly informed by CBS) that there is no way CBS will renew their license, so PWE is trying to cash out as quickly as possible.

This is why the Terms of Use were changed, at the same time lifetime subs were made to guarantee instant full veteran rewards, to dictate that there is no "implicit or explicit" guarantee to the game's survival as a going concern.

PWE knows its days are numbered.

Which is really a shame, tbh. STO had a lot of potential, and could have been hugely lucrative. However much the guys in Beijing made off the lockbox nonsense, they could have made far more had they actually run the game in good faith.

I am curious though. Does anyone know exactly when the license is due to come to term?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,630
# 7
10-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
I am curious though. Does anyone know exactly when the license is due to come to term?
We don't know this, but we do know that new items, ships, missions, and systems must be reviewed and approved by CBS prior to their addition to the game, and we even have specific examples of things that were scrapped because CBS did not approve them and others that were delayed because CBS only approved with changes. So your theory is bankrupt to start with.



Shame the Archived Post monster ate so many of the past threads on this, but as recently as LAST MONTH there were lifetime subscribers saying they should get rewards immediately when they're added instead of waiting like month to month subscribers do. I already dug up some of the post-archive suggestions to throw in people's faces that they themselves had asked for or supported the idea and now suddenly don't when it benefits other people and not them, but that expands even more as you go back, since waiting for veteran rewards were one of the main points of contention before F2P where LTS subscribers felt they should be put on a pedestal above subscribers.

Last edited by hevach; 10-10-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 8
10-10-2012, 08:11 AM
i have never seen a cow in this game.
What ? Calaway.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 447
# 9
10-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
We don't know this, but we do know that new items, ships, missions, and systems must be reviewed and approved by CBS prior to their addition to the game, and we even have specific examples of things that were scrapped because CBS did not approve them and others that were delayed because CBS only approved with changes. So your theory is bankrupt to start with.
We know what we know which is that PWE has demonstrated through killing the vet program and changing the TOS that it has no faith in the game as a going concern.

We know the relationship between the two parties is a rocky one.

We also know something else, which is that PWE has no integrity and is a master of the bait-and-switch. Zig-zagging on what is and is not the deal has proven to be their stock in trade; trying to get players to spend by using the illusion of scarcity or the pretense of limited-time availability, then turning the tables by re-introducing the items for less, or sweetening the deal, effectively giving the finger to everyone who gave PWE money in good faith.

What we do not know is the details of the relationship between CBS and PWE. What makes you think PWE treats CBS any better? PWE's people don't suddenly turn into avatars of corporate responsibility the moment they're talking to some other group of people who have something of value that they want.

Just because CBS had some sort of understanding with PWE doesn't mean they feel PWE honored it any more than the playerbase does. Hence the relationship is on its last leg.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,999
# 10
10-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
We don't know this, but we do know that new items, ships, missions, and systems must be reviewed and approved by CBS prior to their addition to the game, and we even have specific examples of things that were scrapped because CBS did not approve them and others that were delayed because CBS only approved with changes. So your theory is bankrupt to start with.



Shame the Archived Post monster ate so many of the past threads on this, but as recently as LAST MONTH there were lifetime subscribers saying they should get rewards immediately when they're added instead of waiting like month to month subscribers do. I already dug up some of the post-archive suggestions to throw in people's faces that they themselves had asked for or supported the idea and now suddenly don't when it benefits other people and not them, but that expands even more as you go back, since waiting for veteran rewards were one of the main points of contention before F2P where LTS subscribers felt they should be put on a pedestal above subscribers.
Agreed - there was no way that the Wells class could've made an appearance in-game without CBS's approval.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM.