Commander
# 21
10-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerman1979 View Post
There are plenty veteran reward programs in MMOs and I don't recall any of them giving out the rewards to any schmuck that coughs up 200$ for instant access to all of them. And these are all sub based with no lifetime subs available in any of them. They have this little thing called integrity, which PWE/Crytpic just lost.
^

---------------------------

And OP, your scenario is incredibly flawed. I would like to point out...what of the thousands who did not get into a horrible accident and played and enjoyed knowing their loyalty would earned them rewards one day?
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Commander
# 22
10-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Agreed, OP... And I'll add:

It's funny to see fellow 1000 day vets melting down about this.

Because there was no Veteran Rewards program 1000 days ago when they bought their lifetimes.

Now... the Liberated Borg was supposed to be preorder only and the Captain's Table, when it showed up, was supposed to be lifer only. Those things changed and I don't think people blew up QUITE this much.
Captain's Table was a waste of time honestly seeing that it is still to the day a ghost town and the Borg was just for "cool" factor.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
10-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm not quite a 1000 subscriber but I am an LTS.

My personal thoughts on this whole storm why does it matter?

Let's just say someone bought a STO LTS as soon as it was availbale but when they actually started playing the game they didn't like it and decided to leave.

Let's say they come back with Season 7 hearing some great things. Wham... they are 1000 day vets. They spent their full 1000 days subscribed and yet they are still noobs.

I just don't get all this hubbub an LTS is guaranteed to unlock all veteran rewards... eventually Cryptic just removed the eventually.

People buy LTS they will get all the veteran rewards, I don't see why it matters so much that they receive it now rather than later.
Career Officer
# 24
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
They just need to rename it, 1000 day reward doesn't apply now since you can just buy it with money, you haven't waited 1000 days for it, so why call it that anymore. The xxx day rewards need to be renamed to something else to remove the fact that they aren't time based anymore.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Career Officer
# 25
10-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Or lets do this scenario....

You pre purchase the collectors edition of startrek online, you pay 300 some odd dollars for lifetime prior to the game launching. You start during head start and into launch day. You then continue to play through 1000 days of the game, not missing a beat. You wait the whole 1000 days for each veteran reward to come available. Ontop of this expierence every good and bad moment the game has to offer from great events to months and months of no content.

Then suddenly the company offers the LTS with all the benefits us "older vets" had to wait for, be given to an individual in one day of purchase...

Then ask yourself, do you really feel valued by the company
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 10-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Captain
# 26
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
The smart thing to do was have this bonus go into effect a month later instead of now. That way those that have been with STO since the start would have had their fun with the 1000 day vet reward instead of the time they spent being completely wasted. Titles and accolades should be based on time spent.

An effective veteran reward system is the one City of Heroes used. They had a badge for each year subscribed to show loyalty to the game, but spending $15 on their version of the C-Store gave a veteran token to purchase your choice of veteran reward. There was also repeatable veteran rewards that you could purchase if their was nothing else.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
We're an instant gratification society.

Why wait for something later when you can have it now? Veteran implies something old and aged. No one wants to be that now, right? It's about young and trendy.

Sorry I turned 38 at the end of September. This veteran rewards program change has still got a little bit irked still for a bit different reasons.
Career Officer
# 28
10-10-2012, 11:07 PM
The first scenario is basically my story. Being a massive Trek fan, I picked up LTS when it was first offered, but about a week after launch my computer died. Powersupply failed, killed my mobo, cpu, ram and gpu. Took me about 2 months to replace it, and by the time that happened things had gone crazy at work and I had no free time anyway. Then I moved, being transferred to a different branch within the company.

Fast forward another 2 or 3 months and I finally have some time to play, oops looks like I don't even enjoy the game any longer. Lesson learned I guess, don't impulse buy lifetime subs.

About 3 months ago I re-installed on a whim and found the game to actually be pretty damn engaging now. Apparently the impulse buy was correct! Woo!

Leveled 3 Fed captains and currently leveling my second KDF captain, and can't get enough

Guess some would say don't deserve all these vet rewards though, since I didn't log in for over 2 and a half years? /shrug
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
10-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
The time does still apply as only LTS gets them all in bulk, the subscribers still have to wait that many days per tier.
But Why?

Other than a bigger carrot on the stick to make people LTS.

Shouldn't they open this up to all Golds now?

It might take the sting out.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 10-13-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 30
10-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
Or lets do this scenario....

You pre purchase the collectors edition of startrek online, you pay 300 some odd dollars for lifetime prior to the game launching.
*Snip*
Sorry, but as I've said before - the rest isn't really relevant in the grand scheme of things. What occurs after the 300 dollars was paid is of no concern to crypric - you paid your 300 dollars; what you chose to do subsequent to that was YOUR choice entirely.

I mean, another scenario - you buy a new car for 12000 dollars and drive your shiny new car out of the showroom. Do you really think that the salesperson gives a flying hoot about what you do with the car afterward? Once you leave the showroom neither you nor the car are the salesperson's problem anymore - he doesn't care if you drive it. He doesn't care if you park it in your garage and never use it again. You have the car, he has his sale and commission, the company has sold a car, and for the salesperson THAT is where it ends.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY