Captain
With Dilithium Mining, insane resource gathering, starbase construction, and the possibility that we will gain the ability to control more than one ship.....

.....this game is turning into Star Trek:Armada.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Career Officer
# 2
10-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
With Dilithium Mining, insane resource gathering, starbase construction, and the possibility that we will gain the ability to control more than one ship.....

I am looking forward to the Klingon suicide bomber ship...
Commander
# 3
10-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
I am looking forward to the Klingon suicide bomber ship...
I hated the way that thing looked...but that was back then...and besides....how long would one even see that thing before the explosion haha!
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
# 4
10-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
I hated the way that thing looked...but that was back then...and besides....how long would one even see that thing before the explosion haha!
Well... To use it effectively you had to get it either within the enemy base area, or right behind the enemy fleet, WHILE occupying the enemy forces... I spend a great deal of time looking at it while sneaking it around the map, to do just that.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 5
10-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Any of you guys played the Fleet Operations mod for Armada 2?

www.fleetops.net

Still play it to this day
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Star Trek:Armada? I wish! Playable Romulans & Borg. At least we have interiors and crew. Come on "ship in a bottle" missions.

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Career Officer
# 7
10-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well... To use it effectively you had to get it either within the enemy base area, or right behind the enemy fleet, WHILE occupying the enemy forces... I spend a great deal of time looking at it while sneaking it around the map, to do just that.
I saved up my points or whatever the currency was for a long time and then sent it off, and went back to my other ships, wondering why it had disappeared after I used it. I went through two or three before I realized it was a one-way trip.

Last edited by collegepark2151; 10-11-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Captain
# 8
10-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I freaking loved Armada. One of my all-time favorite PC games. Fun enough out of the box, and then you start modding odf files...

Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

That's cool... I loved Star Trek: Armada. Now if only we could add the STvsSW mod...

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 10
10-11-2012, 01:04 PM
I really miss Armada and Armada II

My son has both of mine, and won't give them back. Apparently, he's modified them both to make it more interesting. He's taking courses at ITT, for some kind of gaming degree. My ex says he's TOO good at it.... My boy the geek.... btw... he loves Star Trek as much as I do.

His mother is one of those Star Wars people