Lieutenant
I got a couple of the borg prosthetic guns for kicks and was playing around with them on new romulus. They seem to do good damage (the tactical one had a higher DPS than my MKXII assault minigun), but their secondary attacks seem kinda lame. The shield neutralizer seems like a cool idea, if it actually worked. When I get hit by one of those from a borg it drains my shields right away. However, when I tried it on a tal shiar subcommander, it did drain their shields a little, but I found that the primary attack took them down way faster, just by merit of its high fire rate. My question is, are these any good in say, STFs? I haven't tried the medical one yet, either. Several forum posts from last year said they were rubbish, but I'm curious if they've gotten any better/worse since then since it seems like Cryptic messes with the stats of stuff constantly.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Commander
# 2
12-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Yea, they've seemed rather handy to me.
Captain
# 3
12-10-2012, 01:10 AM
they didn't get any better still total waste of time and dilithium. Pure vanity item.
Go pro or go home
Commander
# 4
12-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
Yea, they've seemed rather handy to me.
That's bad

I've just finished the project for these, mainly because I've never seen them before.
Rihannsu
# 5
12-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Since they're wielded like a minigun, not really. I was hoping the rep system would revamp them so they're actually grafted onto your arm but as usual, no go. Useless even for RP reasons.
Captain
# 6
12-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Couldn't tell you.

Despite the fact that I've finished the mission to get the MK XII version into my rep store I can't actually get anything to show up in my damn store.
Lieutenant
# 7
12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I ended up giving them to my boffs because they needed new weapons. They seem decent, but not good enough to replace my MKXII shotgun and minigun.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Empire Veteran
# 8
12-12-2012, 10:22 PM
They're good for a change, to use something that isn't a 'standard' weapon, but far from being the top of the line. I mean, you did pretty much rip em off a poor Drone's body.

Captain
# 9
12-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Couldn't tell you.

Despite the fact that I've finished the mission to get the MK XII version into my rep store I can't actually get anything to show up in my damn store.
The Prosthetic and Anti-Borg Combat Consumables are currently bugged. Unlocking the Mk XII version or the elite consumables just adds more items to the tab. Unlocking the Mk XI version or the advanced consumables unlocks the tab. So you need to do the Prosthetics Mk XI project to unlock the store.
Captain
# 10
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Latest tribble patch should fix this problem. Just too bad that reputation progress is reset when transferring characters to tribble so we can't test it.