Rihannsu
# 91
10-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
There was an old member of the forums. Katic who I think some of you will remember.
Oh I certainly do.

Quote:
She fought for Faction Originality.
The WoW faction model is something that no matter how someone screams until their face turns blue is not going to work in STO and there are two reasons for that.

First is that there been asymmetrical development of both KDF and Starfleet, developing the KDF to have the same amount of content as Starfleet would require to put all mission development into KDF exclusively.

Second, the story itself does not lead to that as the game focused on the Undine pulling the strings and the Iconians creating the entire situation.

The game is not about the Klingon Federation War and never have been, eventually KDF and Starfleet paths would have to merge because ultimate they are fighting the same enemy.

Quote:
Sadly she left after the Atrox was released and I understand why.
Oh I do too, she rage-quit because Cryptic did not do what she wanted then, we had long Carrier arguments and I became accustomed to their arguments that were founded on one thing alone, "I dont want starfighters on my Star Trek" and said arguments were cherry picking of some the highest degree I have seen.

Quote:
Don't turn this anymore into Starfleet Online.
Like it or not Star Trek is ABOUT Starfleet, you can never escape that and that is why KDF ship selection is so tiny despite having about every single Klingon ship that was shown on screen.

Quote:
This isn't Red Vs Blue Online.
Then assume that the Klingon-Federation War makes no sense as what you call Red vs Blue is the WoW faction model.

Quote:
There should be some originality. in factions
This does not excuse things.

KDF should had never had native carriers, people making arguments Starfleet should had a carrier had a point because the Federation DID operated a fighter and yet when someone brought that up what did we get?

KDF Originality
Fighters are useless

I say this, the Defiant Cloak should never be as capable as a Raider Cloak because they are different ships but that does not mean I will use that as a excuse to keep Cloak working as it currently does, I seen people talking about how Cloak works and bring about that the "cannot cloak under Red Alert" have no grounds in cannon or even in the game were Cryptic pull the "I am cloaking now" with several NPC ships that are not Raiders, starting with a infuriating Reman D'deridex.

"KDF Originality" is not a excuse to keep Cloak working as it current does, however that does not excuse people that ask for the Federation Cloaking device to work as a Battlecloak.

Not to say, the Cloaking device is Romulan in origin, not Klingon ... what happens when we get a Romulan faction and every Romulan ship can Cloak?
Community Moderator
# 92
10-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
what happens when we get a Romulan faction and every Romulan ship can Cloak?
I finally get my cloaking Science vessel?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Commander
# 93
10-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Ooh, cloaked science vessel would be nasty. Cloak disables all your weapons, but not abilities.

Invisible fleet healer anyone?
Invisible debuffer?
Tyken's Rift/Gravity Wells appearing out of nowhere?

I want this ship, lol.

On topic though, I agree with the majority here, the Defiant doesn't need a battle cloak. It is powerful enough without one.
Career Officer
# 94
10-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I finally get my cloaking Science vessel?
Sorry, science vessels are a federation unique ship class
Empire Veteran
# 95
10-18-2012, 07:06 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Ooh, cloaked science vessel would be nasty. Cloak disables all your weapons, but not abilities.
Standard and Battle cloaking actually diasble many of your abilities when you are cloaked.

The Advanced Battle Cloak of the B'rel-R is the only one that allows healing and torpedo while claoked.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 96
10-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey, maybe my Defiant can have a battle cloak now that they've nerfed my effing Borg set.

Empire Veteran
# 97
10-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post

what happens when we get a Romulan faction and every Romulan ship can Cloak?
The feds continue to ask for widespread cloaking using the RSE now as the excuse of why they need it.

KDF fans do nothing as we understand why the feds do not have widespread cloaking, that such an advantage as claoking is very situational in combat and it is not OP, though it can be annoying.

Frankly , I look forward to the RSE and thier better cloaking.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 98 Yes
10-18-2012, 08:49 AM
I read the thread, and saw quite a few people say that there are several fed ships that already have a cloak. Uh, NOT TRUE. Only the Defiant has one I believe, even though there are 4 of them...The regular, the refit, the retrofit and the sao paulo. Oh wait, the fleet one too. I am sure that there are oh i dunno 50 or so ships on fed side that can't equip a cloak. And NONE of them are battle cloaks. So we are at a distinct disadvantage.
Captain
# 99
10-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero328 View Post
I read the thread, and saw quite a few people say that there are several fed ships that already have a cloak. Uh, NOT TRUE. Only the Defiant has one I believe, even though there are 4 of them...The regular, the refit, the retrofit and the sao paulo. Oh wait, the fleet one too. I am sure that there are oh i dunno 50 or so ships on fed side that can't equip a cloak. And NONE of them are battle cloaks. So we are at a distinct disadvantage.
They might also be referring to the Federation Dreadnought Cruiser.

Besides, considering how fragile the BOPs are, it hardly qualifies as distinct disadvantage.

By that same argument the KDF can argue that they are at a distinct disadvantage in comparison to:

Fl Defiant Hull: 33,000 vs. Hegh'ta 24,000
Fl. Defiant Shield: 5,173 vs. Hegh'ta 3,980
Tac. Consoles: 5-tac vs Hegh'ta 3-tac
All consoles: 10 consoles vs. Hegh'ta 9 consoles
Weapons: 4x 3x weapons vs Hegh'ta 4x 2x weapons
Fl. Defiant turn rate: 17 vs Hegh'ta 21 turn)

I'm surprised that the Feds haven't being screaming blue murder for a better turn rate.... Oh wait! They have.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 10-18-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 100
10-18-2012, 09:35 AM
The only thing comparable to the Defiant class ship is the Raptor class ships... Birds-of-Prey are raiders apparently, so they get the battle cloaks.

So you can't compare the Defiant to a Bird-of-Prey.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Patriot G2 XMP RAM
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5