Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,554
# 211
11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
This thread still going? H.S.! Alright, once more for anyone who just posts without reading the whole thread.
I play both factions equally in this game.My first response was nice, now I will sumerize the whole thread.
Fed-My better armored starship keeps getting pwned by the KDF BOPs, I want a battlecloak, because I suck at PVP,and I'm too lazy to configure a good ship build.It has to be the magic "I win" button I have quested so long for.
KDF- No, Cloaking development was outlawed by treaty in the federation.The battlecloak only helps with buying time to heal up battle dammage.Our shields, and hulls are thinner than the federation eqivilants.It balances combat, and isn't the "I win" button you think it is.
Fed-Lies! It's uber! We need it! It's only (whine)fairrrrr.

My opinion, my feds don't need the battlecloak.If you think I'm biased I RUN A FEDERATION FLEET! You don't need the cloak, you need to stop throwing together suck@ss builds.Seriously, the KDF aren't trolling the thread here.It started as logical explinations, and devolved to bickering.You don't need a battlecloak,you need to stop sucking.Play a KDF for awhile and learn why they need it.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 843
# 212
11-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Like I say in almost every thread on this subject...


You'll get your damn advanced battle cloak (which you can fire energy weaps and torps while cloaked I might add) with the adapted honour guard set in the omega T5 rep.

/thread
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 213
11-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
This thread still going? H.S.! Alright, once more for anyone who just posts without reading the whole thread.
I play both factions equally in this game.My first response was nice, now I will sumerize the whole thread.
Fed-My better armored starship keeps getting pwned by the KDF BOPs, I want a battlecloak, because I suck at PVP,and I'm too lazy to configure a good ship build.It has to be the magic "I win" button I have quested so long for.
KDF- No, Cloaking development was outlawed by treaty in the federation.The battlecloak only helps with buying time to heal up battle dammage.Our shields, and hulls are thinner than the federation eqivilants.It balances combat, and isn't the "I win" button you think it is.
Fed-Lies! It's uber! We need it! It's only (whine)fairrrrr.

My opinion, my feds don't need the battlecloak.If you think I'm biased I RUN A FEDERATION FLEET! You don't need the cloak, you need to stop throwing together suck@ss builds.Seriously, the KDF aren't trolling the thread here.It started as logical explinations, and devolved to bickering.You don't need a battlecloak,you need to stop sucking.Play a KDF for awhile and learn why they need it.
Yeah same here. I'm the founder of a fleet or at least the pereson who talk to the fleet person on ESD. same with KDF, i've learn both sides. my Fed isn't build yet and i do pvp and i get killed very easy.. thing is that's because of my build.. all the feds who are crying out for battlecloak they don't need it if they build their ships right
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,449
# 214
11-28-2012, 04:14 PM
To all of those asking for this you do realize that the retrofit BoP has less hits points than the retrofit Defiant with cloak.The BoP need the battle cloak which the Defiant doesn't.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
# 215
11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgern View Post
Not necessary, cruisers does not need a battle cloak because they have the survivability but I could see it for escorts, at least for some of them.
Cruisers have turn rates between "anemic" and "glacial", only 10% more hull than an escort typically, and most can't use Omega as an alternative to Evasive Maneuvers.

If anything the cruisers need it MORE than the escorts. Cruisers have more heals but if those heals can't keep up then the cruiser is a lot less able to get away.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 216
11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Then the Cruisers needs to make an escape plan for such an event while in combat.
Many options exist to facilitate a quick escape so cloaking is not needed.

As well Cruisers are not near as nimble as escorts for a reason. I never once in any canon considered media saw any cruiser move with dogfight capable alacrity equal to an escort.

I can understand a need for acruiser higher turnrate to rotate on one axis qiickly enough to bring fresh shield facings into play. That what a cruiser needs in turn characteristics.

New aproach. Recode cruisers so they do not suffer as bad a decrease in zero axis as one does at low engine power and can spin better.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 217
11-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Then the Cruisers needs to make an escape plan for such an event while in combat.
Many options exist to facilitate a quick escape so cloaking is not needed.

As well Cruisers are not near as nimble as escorts for a reason. I never once in any canon considered media saw any cruiser move with dogfight capable alacrity equal to an escort.

I can understand a need for acruiser higher turnrate to rotate on one axis qiickly enough to bring fresh shield facings into play. That what a cruiser needs in turn characteristics.

New aproach. Recode cruisers so they do not suffer as bad a decrease in zero axis as one does at low engine power and can spin better.
This is Cryptic. They're likely to just nerf escort turn rate instead.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 218
11-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
This is Cryptic. They're likely to just nerf escort turn rate instead.
I sincerely hope not. Being able to zero-axis spin quickly would solve one of the big gripes about cruisers.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 219
11-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I sincerely hope not. Being able to zero-axis spin quickly would solve one of the big gripes about cruisers.
Just be careful of the random chances of breakdowns because of a high energy turn........wait, this isn't Star Fleet Battle, oops
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 220
11-28-2012, 08:35 PM
OK, ok... if your not going to give me a Battle Cloak, can I please have a Ablative Generator please :p
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 AM.