Empire Veteran
# 241
11-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I agree but in canon Fed criusers are not so nible as Klink ones are and have less shielding.
An escape plan usually has little to do with the vessels actaul speed rating as the plan usaully involves a EngBatt+EVM+change to full engine power or Dueterium +EVM+full change to engine power.
Many make a keybind for and spam the key when needed.

I also have read that canonically speaking, Star Fleet had better shielding and warp drives while the Klingons had more armor and better impulse drives.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 242
11-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayuskorianis View Post
So, that bearded troll is still going strong on this in a Federation forum, not a Klingon forum...
such a keen observant.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 243
11-30-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
As in bumping up all cloaks a tier up? That's something I'd be looking forward to, cloaking in this game is equivalent to a stronger Mask Energy Signature, not exactly much good.
It was a sarcastic response to the UFP getting widespread Ablative armor on all vessels as an option.

I would expect the KDF/RSE cloaking to be better than the federation by a small margin.

Say the KDF keep battle cloaking on the BoPs, get the ability to cloak in combat with regular claokinga s well but have a longer CD to do so.

The Feds could cloak in combat as well, I guess, though they would have a slightly higher CD then are regular cloakers.

But honestly its all a sarcasm as I expect teh Devs to no more change claoking than they will give Ablative console a true universal setting.
Lieutenant
# 244
11-30-2012, 09:28 AM
hey hey I have an idea. Give the Feds there freaking battle cloak on the Dreadnought and Defiant. just give battle cloak to the KDF Cruisers and Raptors and keep them on the BoPs ya'll wanna talk about canon? Every KDF ship that could cloak had battle cloak... last night a fleet member and I were doing pvp in defiants... did i use the cloak? yes but the thing is the cloak wasn't really needed.

Last edited by jamesburtchell; 11-30-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Captain
# 245
11-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesburtchell View Post
hey hey I have an idea. Give the Feds there freaking battle cloak on the Dreadnought and Defiant. just give battle cloak to the KDF Cruisers and Raptors and keep them on the BoPs ya'll wanna talk about canon? Every KDF ship that could cloak had battle cloak... last night a fleet member and I were doing pvp in defiants... did i use the cloak? yes but the thing is the cloak wasn't really needed.
Honestly, the cloaks have far too much effect in the game. It should be used more for positioning for initial engagements, not to be used every time the ship goes out of red alert (except for the battle cloak on the B.O.P. only).
Captain
# 246
11-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
Can you prove this?
It is what someone on another Trek board said to me as he has read everything to do about Trek.

Don't you think I jknow something about this as STG is way Older than this board and we just don't talk about gaming anything Star Trek.

Quote:
such a keen observant.
oh come on now.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 11-30-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 247
12-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I don't think you read any of the posts here. Level the playing field? Are you frakkin retarded? What part about 5 tac consoles, great turn, and good hull and defensive abilities is not computing? If you give it a battlecloak, that will COMPLETELY break the Defiant.

I love the ship, but I want her to be fair, not broken.
i agree in my opinion Fleet Defiant with battlecloak= Bug ship 2.0 in terms of OPness

Last edited by silverashes1; 12-07-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Captain
# 248
12-09-2012, 08:54 AM
the base cloak as it is seems pretty useless over all minus the damage buff and even then it's not like you can just cloak during combat to refresh that. Maybe if they upped the damage you take while cloaked it would seem less OP? For me, it's just kind of pointless since i don't like to run away from the fight any time i want to get a damage buff so i've taken out the console all together, but i would gladly add it back in if i could cloak when ever i wanted to instead of only when i never really need it.

I still think it would work better to make it canon and allow those who have it able to use it, and just update the advanced versions from there. It's like the MVAE having to stop to separate, that's not how it worked on screen and i really don't see who it would hurt to fix it in game.
Captain
# 249
12-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
the base cloak as it is seems pretty useless over all minus the damage buff and even then it's not like you can just cloak during combat to refresh that. Maybe if they upped the damage you take while cloaked it would seem less OP? For me, it's just kind of pointless since i don't like to run away from the fight any time i want to get a damage buff so i've taken out the console all together, but i would gladly add it back in if i could cloak when ever i wanted to instead of only when i never really need it.

I still think it would work better to make it canon and allow those who have it able to use it, and just update the advanced versions from there. It's like the MVAE having to stop to separate, that's not how it worked on screen and i really don't see who it would hurt to fix it in game.
You do take more damage while cloaked, in the sense that your shields are down. This is why it's usually suicide to cloak while under fire, unless you've got polarize hull, Brace for Impact and maybe 1 other good hull buff in place to keep you from getting eviscerated. The only other exception is when the attacking feddie is so inept that his weapons barely do damage.

The regular battlecloak doesn't allow for a lot of defensive/healing abilities to be used while cloaked, as well. . .one of the advantages of using the B'rel retro's enhanced battlecloak.

I cloak for two general reasons: To temporarily exit the battle and give my abilities time to recharge, and to boost an alpha strike. When I 'run' from a fight, it's usually with the intention of re-entering it at my own choosing. That's a luxury the battlecloak gives you. . .and the BoPs need it. They're sub-par in almost all stat categories, and the battlecloak acts as an equalizer to keep them relevant. Otherwise, they might as well just be raptors with a few universal boffslots.
Captain
# 250
12-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
You do take more damage while cloaked, in the sense that your shields are down. This is why it's usually suicide to cloak while under fire, unless you've got polarize hull, Brace for Impact and maybe 1 other good hull buff in place to keep you from getting eviscerated. The only other exception is when the attacking feddie is so inept that his weapons barely do damage.

The regular battlecloak doesn't allow for a lot of defensive/healing abilities to be used while cloaked, as well. . .one of the advantages of using the B'rel retro's enhanced battlecloak.

I cloak for two general reasons: To temporarily exit the battle and give my abilities time to recharge, and to boost an alpha strike. When I 'run' from a fight, it's usually with the intention of re-entering it at my own choosing. That's a luxury the battlecloak gives you. . .and the BoPs need it. They're sub-par in almost all stat categories, and the battlecloak acts as an equalizer to keep them relevant. Otherwise, they might as well just be raptors with a few universal boffslots.
Um, Raptors have more hull, and better shield mods..and more guns...

but exactly this-the Battlecloak is THE only tactical/mechanical advantage a BoP player has beyond turn rates. (because BoPs DO have a slght advantage over Raptors in turn-rate), and the turn rate advantage is relatively small, and often countered by ships that do NOT have to plug in hull plating to stay alive the way BoPs do-beign able to mount Injector assemblies and RCS consoles instead of Neutronium plating is actually a serious advantage that FedScorts have over the Bird of Prey-that, and having more Tac consoles, more weapons, better shield mods... if you put a Fed ship with the same stats and seating as a Hegh'ta up, nobody would buy it.

The Hegh'ta is probably the most popular Bird of Prey, and BoPs are VERY popular rides for KDF players, so that should tell anyone about the core differences in the factions-one of our most POPULAR rides is such that it would draw ire and fire and screaming of "unfairness" (From FED players) if it were released as a fedship, even a free one, without Battlecloak.

Durability wise, weapons layout wise, etc. the Defiant-R (not even the Fleet defiant) has near-BoP turning with the right build, and you're tougher, with more weapons, than any bird of prey built...and more consoles, which means not only more guns, but the guns hit harder, the shielding is better, the hull is tougher...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."