Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 261
12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Cryptic, I'll make you a deal. Move the cloak back to "built-in ability" instead of a console, just for the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit and without removing any console space, and I'll stop bothering you about battle cloaks.

And here's the magical solution: Use a KDF toon if you want an escort-level ship with a built-in cloak, instead of just demanding/requesting it be pasted onto the Federation ships, thus removing even more uniqueness from the KDF faction

Last edited by travelingmaster; 12-10-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 262
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Get in a B'rel or Hegh'ta if you want battlecloak. We need more Klingon pilots fighting Feds.

Ah, yeah, watch these videos for an idea of how to pilot one:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAA.../videos?view=0


^ On topic.
Yes, Thissler is pretty good at that type of build. I fly something similar, and so do folks like Zirac and a few other BoP pilots. Some prefer to stick with the traditional 'all cannons + rapidfire' approach, but that only really competes if you're using the Hoh'sus. The Hegh'ta will never do that as well as a full-fledged escort, due to the 3 tac consoles combined with lack of survivability.

I get feddies whining about the battlecloak as a result, but w/e
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 263
12-10-2012, 09:38 PM
holy crap this thread is still going on?.. feddies lets be honest. the only way the defiant and for argument sake the dreadnought will get battle cloak is that every KDF ship that has cloak will get it as well.. you wanna talk about canon? then yeah. open up your eyes and take a look. the D7 battle cruiser you know the ship kirk fought against a few times had battle cloak. watch voyager. all you feddies should know damn straight that if the defiant and dreadnought gets a battle cloak then every KDF ship that has that ability will and have to be able to do the same to keep sto from going to hell.. won't be much of a game when there's no KDF because of that very reason. please new thread please. i'm tired of reading about feddies crying for a battle cloak... oh just in case anyone says. i do fly a defiant on fed side as well. she's good enough without it. just learn to fly a defiant and you'll be good. and for KDF i fly a Brel and mirror raptor

Last edited by jamesburtchell; 12-10-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 264
12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Um... not happening. We all know that fed only peeps will demand that battle-cloak for the defiant for as long as this game exists.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,540
# 265
12-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesburtchell View Post
holy crap this thread is still going on?.. feddies lets be honest. the only way the defiant and for argument sake the dreadnought will get battle cloak is that every KDF ship that has cloak will get it as well.. you wanna talk about canon? then yeah. open up your eyes and take a look. the D7 battle cruiser you know the ship kirk fought against a few times had battle cloak. watch voyager. all you feddies should know damn straight that if the defiant and dreadnought gets a battle cloak then every KDF ship that has that ability will and have to be able to do the same to keep sto from going to hell.. won't be much of a game when there's no KDF because of that very reason. please new thread please. i'm tired of reading about feddies crying for a battle cloak... oh just in case anyone says. i do fly a defiant on fed side as well. she's good enough without it. just learn to fly a defiant and you'll be good. and for KDF i fly a Brel and mirror raptor
Oh I definately know at some point the word will be given to cannibalize the KDF for every decent perk we have left which as this lockbox gimmick mayhem continues the aceton mine, the plasmonic leech, and the battle cloaks will be up for sale.

It doesn't take long for any player either fed, kdf, or people who play both sides to see how if it will turn a dollar no matter how uncanon it is or just plain wrong and disrespectful of the IP that it will be done. When content is made there isn't much thought into it such as the Brel is a fine example. It has the EBC (Enhanced Battle Cloak) which can fire projectiles like in Star Trek 6. Its only problem is if you want to use it like it was in the movie by General Chang your outta luck on that. I've done it with plasma torpedos but you have to launch a crap load of torpedoes and you would only do this if you love Klingon content to a hardcore extent. Going further on that this ship has launching projectiles while cloaked as its primary perk. The downside and this is why I have always stated this ship was not thought out at all... For one you have no shields, if you plan to kill anything you are lunching so many projectiles that you are virtually staying uncloaked because the succession of the torpedoes to inflict enough damage is going to keep the 3 second decloaking with no shields on going. As well you also have to contend with Hazard Emitters being a counter to the only torpedo that will do any decent damage and on top of that you have to keep the procs rolling which puts you shieldless for eternity. I really laughed so hard when they increased transphasics penetration because any other torpedo will do more damage for kinetic without shield penetration. Although they won't put any thought or effort into making a ship like the brel function better but odds are they will hand over battle cloaks to the fed side.

I've pretty much don't even trust anything Cryptic says if they want to show me they mean business with making the game better they can start doing it with actions because its apparent that words are not getting the job done.

Edit: If they really want to show they mean business with making the B'rel better its gotta have an advantage other than the ability to fire torps and mines while cloaked because the shielding aspect just blows that out the window. They just need to have a torpedo that works kind of like the vesta DHC's work where you can pick up specialized torps that bypass shielding because if you are selling something based on that chang bop but if you can't destroy shields without making a setup that isn't really your style or having to science out the whole thing leaving little to know tactical power it should have something like a photon that only can be put on the b'rel or something that can proc anywhere from 25% - 100% shield penetration and this would be something that would help with that pvp problem of shield tanking always wins kind of thing it would bring a purpose to all those hull heals no one brings around in pve or pvp. If they started thinking things through like this when they design ships and such they would have a lot more KDF and a lot more Feds too because theres plenty of stuff needing revamping or better marketing with both factions and I know i'm not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 12-10-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 266
12-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Oh I definately know at some point the word will be given to cannibalize the KDF for every decent perk we have left which as this lockbox gimmick mayhem continues the aceton mine, the plasmonic leech, and the battle cloaks will be up for sale.

It doesn't take long for any player either fed, kdf, or people who play both sides to see how if it will turn a dollar no matter how uncanon it is or just plain wrong and disrespectful of the IP that it will be done. When content is made there isn't much thought into it such as the Brel is a fine example. It has the EBC (Enhanced Battle Cloak) which can fire projectiles like in Star Trek 6. Its only problem is if you want to use it like it was in the movie by General Chang your outta luck on that. I've done it with plasma torpedos but you have to launch a crap load of torpedoes and you would only do this if you love Klingon content to a hardcore extent. Going further on that this ship has launching projectiles while cloaked as its primary perk. The downside and this is why I have always stated this ship was not thought out at all... For one you have no shields, if you plan to kill anything you are lunching so many projectiles that you are virtually staying uncloaked because the succession of the torpedoes to inflict enough damage is going to keep the 3 second decloaking with no shields on going. As well you also have to contend with Hazard Emitters being a counter to the only torpedo that will do any decent damage and on top of that you have to keep the procs rolling which puts you shieldless for eternity. I really laughed so hard when they increased transphasics penetration because any other torpedo will do more damage for kinetic without shield penetration. Although they won't put any thought or effort into making a ship like the brel function better but odds are they will hand over battle cloaks to the fed side.

I've pretty much don't even trust anything Cryptic says if they want to show me they mean business with making the game better they can start doing it with actions because its apparent that words are not getting the job done.

Edit: If they really want to show they mean business with making the B'rel better its gotta have an advantage other than the ability to fire torps and mines while cloaked because the shielding aspect just blows that out the window. They just need to have a torpedo that works kind of like the vesta DHC's work where you can pick up specialized torps that bypass shielding because if you are selling something based on that chang bop but if you can't destroy shields without making a setup that isn't really your style or having to science out the whole thing leaving little to know tactical power it should have something like a photon that only can be put on the b'rel or something that can proc anywhere from 25% - 100% shield penetration and this would be something that would help with that pvp problem of shield tanking always wins kind of thing it would bring a purpose to all those hull heals no one brings around in pve or pvp. If they started thinking things through like this when they design ships and such they would have a lot more KDF and a lot more Feds too because theres plenty of stuff needing revamping or better marketing with both factions and I know i'm not the only one who feels this way.
Yeah thing is though if they actually made KDF into its own faction with full content and everything. KDF would be a lot better and some new ships.. the last ship we actually got not including the the vet was the bortus. Now tell me when was the last ship that fed got? Now you got feddies crying for a frakking battlecloak on an escort and some even for the cruiser as well. Personally i would say give them their battle cloak just give every KDF crusier and raptor as well as raider the battle cloak as well.. thing is STO would be in hell at the moment they did that

Last edited by jamesburtchell; 12-12-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,004
# 267
12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
I've said the same thing... give all of the Klingon ships a battle cloak like canon says they ought to have and then we can talk about giving it to the Defiant and the Dreadnought.

I guarantee we Feds would not like the result much, if we're into PvP.

The way things are right now is a fair tradeoff and I don't see any good reason to change it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 268
12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I've said the same thing... give all of the Klingon ships a battle cloak like canon says they ought to have and then we can talk about giving it to the Defiant and the Dreadnought.
Sold!

/stupid character count.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
# 269
12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I've said the same thing... give all of the Klingon ships a battle cloak like canon says they ought to have and then we can talk about giving it to the Defiant and the Dreadnought.

I guarantee we Feds would not like the result much, if we're into PvP.

The way things are right now is a fair tradeoff and I don't see any good reason to change it.

Thank you, my point exactly.. And with me i am talking about pvp. having a defiant and dread with battle cloak is over kill in terms of pvp.. and a dreadnought cruiser would be unkillable in pvp considering the hull and shield plus battle cloak
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM.