Captain
# 21
10-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm not in front of my gaming rig right now, so I can't tell you what I have in there (I play too many characters regularly to remember all their setups). Frankly, I don't need to justify my builds to you anyway; they work, and extremely well at that. I was simply pointing out that being able to run Aux to Inertial Dampers 100% of the time opens up new possibilities.
Republic Veteran
# 22
10-11-2012, 11:49 AM
One thing I'd like to mention is that they only stack for the resistances, so your turn rate doesn't change if you have two going at the same time.

I'm actually running dual Aux2Damp on my Galaxy X and net a little over 20 degrees/sec. Although the changes definitely gives no downtime for Aux2Damp, it really depends when you use them.

Example(Running with 2 Aux2Damp):
If you use Aux2Damp it goes on a 30 second cooldown and the other one goes on a 10 second global cooldown. The ability lasts for 15 seconds so you can use another one again after 10 seconds. Unfortunately, they do not help boost my turn rate so it would be better off to wait for the full 15 second buff to end before using it. Only then would I have a zero downtime for Aux2Damp.

My recommendation is to set the Aux2Damp shared cooldown to 15 seconds instead of the global cooldown of 10 seconds because there really is no point unless you want additional kinetic resistance.
Career Officer
# 23
10-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
Frankly, I don't need to justify my builds to you anyway

You do, in fact, need to justify your statements when you step into a public forum and have a discussion with others and tell them something that is clearly contrary to the truth if you're intention is to be taken seriously and your posts not simply ignored as useless.

You do, in fact, need to justify what it is you are currently slotting in your ensign eng powers if it is not EPTX or ET - because no other powers actually exist at Ensign Level.

Captain
# 24
10-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
You do, in fact, need to justify your statements when you step into a public forum and have a discussion with others and tell them something that is clearly contrary to the truth if you're intention is to be taken seriously and your posts not simply ignored as useless.

You do, in fact, need to justify what it is you are currently slotting in your ensign eng powers if it is not EPTX or ET - because no other powers actually exist at Ensign Level.
What is your problem? The point of all three of my posts was simply that this ability change opens up new possibilities for the engineering slots and for the typically-slow-turning cruisers in general. That's all. So why are you hounding me like this? lol

Long story short, slotting *different* EPtX powers in the ensign slots may now be more useful than it used to be, among other things.
Career Officer
# 25
10-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
It turns like a Hamster on Crack. Its Awesome!!
^^^
I have nothing really to add to this topic other then this was the funniest comment I've read in some time on these boards. carry on.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 26
10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
What is your problem? The point of all three of my posts was simply that this ability change opens up new possibilities for the engineering slots and for the typically-slow-turning cruisers in general. That's all. So why are you hounding me like this? lol

Quote:
It helps to justify the 3rd ensign engineering slot ...
Problem statement is bold, and in red.

Captain
# 27
10-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Problem statement is bold, and in red.
lol Still not getting it? Ok, I'll spell it out, just for you: I've never seen much point in EPtA before, but I'm seeing more benefit to it at this point; rather than wasting higher slots on it, it's better suited for ensign slots, IMHO. Sure, it shares a cooldown with other EPtX powers, but you don't need max power to all systems, 100% of the time.

Perhaps you don't think this is a good idea, but that's why we're allowed to all fit out our own ships the way we want, and why I've repeatedly said that it gives new possibilities to cruiser builds.

Again, since you seem to be repeatedly ignoring my point in favour of finding ways to take one small part of one post, blow it out of proportion, and scream to the world about how terribly wrong you think I am, I'll repeat it for you bold, and in red: my point, with all the above posts, was that this opens up some new possibilities for cruiser builds.

I posted in the thread just to point out that this was a cool thing for cruisers; I don't know why you just had to nitpick about one tiny part of my post that you took out of context, but I don't really care. I'm not going back and forth with you anymore, lol.
Captain
# 28
10-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
It turns like a Hamster on Crack. Its Awesome!! but careful it can be weak and easy to pop.
This. So much this.

The HEC series is the only Fed ship able to run 2 copies, allowing me to save APO3 when I need to get out of a TB or am about to unleash an alpha strike (and then run like hell).

How viable is that in pvp though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Commander
# 29
10-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
This. So much this.

The HEC series is the only Fed ship able to run 2 copies, allowing me to save APO3 when I need to get out of a TB or am about to unleash an alpha strike (and then run like hell).

How viable is that in pvp though?
To restate your question:

How viable is it to run a ship with nothing but EPtS 1 and TSS (2, maybe also 1) as my sole shield healing powers with BFI as my only emergency situation power on a ship who's very existence causes people to target it (with that multiplied by a factor of 10 if you're using Danubes)?

Having two copies of Aux2ID on the ship is almost certainly not worth the tradeoff in survivability for PvP, though it's not out of the realm of workable depending on your team's composition of ships. As a bonus, you basically completely shutdown TBR+Transphasic torpedo & mine Sci ships. You bastard.