Career Officer
Trolls can park themselves on these things by accessing the console and keeping the window open to prevent other players from accessing the transporter system. This is starting to get out of hand...
@HyperLimited
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Report it to a GM in game...

Last time I came across this, several folks reported the player and within a few minutes he/she mysteriously disappeared.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2012, 11:04 AM
When I see this I just changes instances to one that's less crowded.
Captain
# 4
11-30-2012, 11:07 AM
I know. I ran into one of these trolls. (Atleast I think). I don't understand why they find it so funny.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Career Officer
# 5
11-30-2012, 11:07 AM
I've reported people, but having consoles not consumed by someone else using them is the solution
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 6
11-30-2012, 11:14 AM
We're investigating this. It's not cool, and we agree

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 7
11-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes. I, too, have encountered this griefing. It could even be unintentional on the part of some players.

Report them if you see them, but a better solution would be for Cryptic to fix the consoles.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-30-2012, 01:34 PM
For more information, I posted about this problem during the test weekend on Tribble.

Reference point "3)" in my post. Here's the relevant portion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snovern View Post
3) New Romulus Transport System - Only one player can use it at a time. A group of us were standing around a transporter console (both teamed and non-teamed), and when one player clicked the "New Romulus Transport System" option, that option disappeared for all of the rest of us. The option reappears only after the player either exits out of the Transport System UI or selects the option to transport away (I would assume also if the player beams out, but I didn't see this happen).
Career Officer
# 9
11-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Admitely I did this a couple of weeks ago without relizing. Was waiting for a friend to catch up, so I opened the transporter window so I could select my destination immediately when they arrived. About a minute into waiting, I noticed other users moving around the transporter similar to players in KDF Academy trying to get the Bank Tab to show. I closed the window and sure enough those players began to beam away.

I do believe there are trolls who are doing this to cause issues, but I do feel we have a few players who may not relize it blocks access.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursix View Post
Admitely I did this a couple of weeks ago without relizing. Was waiting for a friend to catch up, so I opened the transporter window so I could select my destination immediately when they arrived. About a minute into waiting, I noticed other users moving around the transporter similar to players in KDF Academy trying to get the Bank Tab to show. I closed the window and sure enough those players began to beam away.

I do believe there are trolls who are doing this to cause issues, but I do feel we have a few players who may not relize it blocks access.
I am guilty of this same thing, on launch day when I was also waiting for a fleetmate. I had been waiting for a few minutes, got bored, and decided to head over toe Zone Chat (something I never keep open any more, because it makes my eyes hurt and my brain bleed) before seeing people cursing at me and I closed it and hung back - I do think some of this is accidental.

For sure, plenty of trolls around too - they need somewhere else to hang out now DS9 is empty, and the transporter system in new romulus seems like a great place for them