Lt. Commander
# 181
11-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Why do the same people keep saying this in the same voice? The game is optional.

Silly argument is silly. By this logic you must agree with the OP for choosing not to do something optional, no?

PWE has a long habit of doing this and they also spam-edited the Memory Alpha page on the Wells before it appeared in lockboxes.

Find ways to squeeze $$$ from consumers then pretend the community "demanded" worthless kitsch instead of real content.
The reason that Cryptic can squeeze $$$ from consumers is because the consumers in question are not exercising good judgement. In a consenting transaction, where both parties understand the nature of the transaction, both parties bear responsibility for entering into the transaction.

Let me illustrate with an example - I offer to sell a mouldy potato that I picked up at the side of the road for $1,000,000 on the basis that it looks a bit like Elvis Presley.

If a rich Elvis fan is stupid enough to pay me $1,000,000 for a potato that looks a bit like Elvis, knowing full well that it is a potato that looks a bit like Elvis and has no real value otherwise, do they have any legitimate cause for complaint if they gave me the money of their own free will and choice?

Businesses listen very carefully to their cash registers - if you spend your money while complaining, they have no reason to listen to your complaints or take them seriously, because you have demonstrated by your actions that you are willing to hand over the cash anyway even though both you and them know the price is overinflated. They will proceed to continue to charge what the market will stand, keeping prices inflated until people stop handing over their money.
Captain
# 182
11-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktorio78 View Post
Why do you even post in this forum, since this game makes you feel so negative about it?
You sound sad, unhappy, masking these feeling with some pseudo-intellectual mumbo-jumbo of being competent and insight?...
This game obviously makes you pretty miserable and frustrated...
Take some time off it, try something else, which will bring you more joy...
This is not healthy, trust me...
Only a PWE employee would show concern like that!

Last edited by twg042370; 11-30-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 183
11-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
I think you can blame that guy who started "Where's our relativity uniform?!?!" thread on the forums..
These uniforms have always been planned to go into the Lobi store, along with the other Temporal themed items -- they were featured in the original video for the Temporal Lockbox (here) and its description says: Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 184
11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
And assuming an average Lobi drop of 4.5 Lobi per lockbox opened, the temporal uniforms work out to $44.44. Per character. And that's me feeling slightly optimistic about the Lobi per Lockbox rate.

Yeah, that's a pass from me, I'll wait until they're on the exchange at a reasonable price. I'm not paying $88.88 just to use the uniform on two characters.

What ever happened to the rumored GPL store that would hold costumes and emotes? What happened to throwing costumes into the CStore for unlock for use on all characters? Why all the focus on per-character unlocks? Its beginning to feel like we're being enticed to not have alts.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 185
11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
The way i do it is buy a few keys with Zen or EC occasionally and let it build up. Sooner or later I have enough lobi to purchase something I like. I think half the problem is that many people, including me, like to have something as soon as it comes out rather than waiting and saving

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 186
11-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
These uniforms have always been planned to go into the Lobi store, along with the other Temporal themed items -- they were featured in the original video for the Temporal Lockbox (here) and its description says: Note: The 29th Century Federation Uniform shown in the video, as well as a unique version for the KDF, will be obtainable from the Lobi Store in the near future.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Come now brandon... Do you honestly think everyone will actually pay attention to accurate information you guys provide?
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.
Career Officer
# 187
11-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I will be getting them
Lieutenant
# 188
11-30-2012, 08:30 AM
for 200 lobi and the cost, it is a shame these are not an account unlock for making the investment of $50
Starfleet Veteran
# 189
11-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Any chance of getting the badge fixed on female toons as it hovers1-2 inches above the toons bust and looking from the side it is paper thin as wells disappears from site.
@stargate_wars
Captain
# 190
11-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
Interesting how you talk in that same patronizing pen voice with false concessives

("I said...pay attention", "I don't know how to tell you...oh wait I do").

Actually, I never said that. You came to that conclusion on your own.

Do you think the guy insulting me should be banned too? Or just me for criticizing PWE?
I didn't want to throw it out flat.

I don't see any insults. Just guesses as to your motivation. Besides, constructive criticism (wait, people actually do that?) is a lot better than just saying "This game sucks, it's a cash grab, uninstall it and treat it like a computer virus!".

I don't mean to say it's not a cash grab. Everything - or at least almost everything - on this entire planet is a cash grab. Especially computer software. Just deal with it.

As you yourself have said, paying for stuff in this game is optional, and playing it doubly so.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.