Career Officer
# 21
10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I suppose?

But my feeling is that they wanted command as blue to show the colors had come full circle since TOS but maybe also to show that science and command were the same thing in the future.
honestly that's my thinking as well, Command needs be more diplomatic and level headed, and nether red or green really convey that. but I'm sure we'll still have people running around in these uniforms with pink or other crazy colour on them. and say what ever they want as a division... I kind of like this as a kind of spring board http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...hCentRanks.jpg
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Republic Veteran
# 22
10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysnowleopard View Post
would really like to know what's going on with said uniforms. When can we expect to see them in game?

29th Century "Relativity" Uniform

Edit: Really like these ranks set up 29th Century Rankin
Of course, they get a klingon tricorder...but the majority of abilities for the KDF use a standard fed one.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the reminder - I just looked into the status on this costume.

It sounds like we'll be able to roll this out very soon. The art is now complete and it just needs to be properly hooked up and run thru the paces by QA.

I'd expect both the Fed and KDF versions to start appearing on the Lobi Store in approximately 2 weeks. That's not a solid guarantee though, only an estimate.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 24
10-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The art is now complete
Interesting. So it wasn't completed when SHOWN in it's completed state in the Temporal Lockbox trailer?
Empire Veteran
# 25
10-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:

It sounds like we'll be able to roll this out very soon. The art is now complete and it just needs to be properly hooked up and run thru the paces by QA.

I'd expect both the Fed and KDF versions to start appearing on the Lobi Store in approximately 2 weeks. That's not a solid guarantee though, only an estimate.
Good thing I reread your post before I replyed, for it was in the second read that I saw there would be a KDF version and I was about to be disapointed AND wrong. LOL

It still brings to mind thou, what is the status of the Tier Marauding uniform?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 26
10-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Interesting. So it wasn't completed when SHOWN in it's completed state in the Temporal Lockbox trailer?
Devs can do all kinds of magic. Might not have been set up with color masks for customization or might refer to the fact that the Klingon versions still needed work.
Career Officer
# 27
10-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Maybe Fed and KDF have different uniforms? We probably just saw a finished or near-finished Fed version in the trailer.
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 28
10-12-2012, 06:57 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that whereas older games like WoW or City of Heroes paint textures on for new face bits or costume textures, STO artists create basically movie quality models and then butcher them down to MMO system specs, using the high quality version to create a detailed texture map.

This is why things like Klingon forehead ridges, despite not using polygons, are able to "catch" light on decent graphics cards.

It's possible that they faked butchering the quality down for the video.
Career Officer
# 29
10-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:

It was "very soon" like a week ago, too. But I trust you, you seem to be on the ball lately.

Just don't make us ask again this time next month.

Any chance you could get us a leak of the KDF equivalent? I'm interested to know if I want to bother with it.

Actually, get Highison to pop in and leak it, if he's still working for you guys. I haven't seen him (in a recognizable form, anyway) in what feels like forever. He was cool. I miss him. :C
Career Officer
# 30
10-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
It was "very soon" like a week ago, too. But I trust you, you seem to be on the ball lately.

Just don't make us ask again this time next month.

Any chance you could get us a leak of the KDF equivalent? I'm interested to know if I want to bother with it.

Actually, get Highison to pop in and leak it, if he's still working for you guys. I haven't seen him (in a recognizable form, anyway) in what feels like forever. He was cool. I miss him. :C
I believe he's been on Neverwinter for almost six months and everything since then has been the new guy. The new guy does good work though.