Republic Veteran
# 11
10-11-2012, 10:31 AM
I want this to happen every time I transform .

http://youtu.be/VptOUWC-Itc?t=28s

Starfleet Veteran
# 12
10-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Suck . Suck . Suck . Suck
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Lieutenant
# 13
10-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Loved the review, would like to see one like this with the Temporal Ships / consoles
Career Officer
# 14
10-15-2012, 04:44 AM
Many thanks for all the feedback

Had forgotten just how scarily high Tac captains can boost their damage. 6k pulse, 8 pulses...48k damage before resists...that's not an I win button, honest....

Temporal ships - probably won't happen, since I don't have them.
Blatant self-promotion: Clingin' on, the Tribble Timewarp and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral

Last edited by yuzral; 10-15-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 15
10-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstarkirian View Post
Watched.

I don't disagrre with your opinions on the Chimera transformation. What if a crewman was in a turbolift when it transformed, is he stuck there til the end of the fight? lol

The Lotus Power:
Anything that gives you a damage bonus will improve the damage of this power.
The Attack patterns
Emergengy Power to Weapons 5sec boost
The 5 second boost from Decloaking (per the Peghqu' only)
the 10sec buff from Tac team (trickle down from skill)
BUT the strongest of all, Go Down Fighting III.

Just sitting in Qo'noS space, I got damage to spike up to 5,950.

Now using the EPtW and Decloak buffs are iffy, since the have a 5sec buff and the Lotus has a 4sec powerup.

I'll play around with this in a "safe fight" and report what I can get the damage up to with low Hull points and the Go Down Fighting III.
Maybe they don't use lifts at all. All transporters!
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I would imagine that in a battle situation, few crewmen would be moving about the ship. And even then, the Lotus if it were in an actual Star Trek show would probably not be something that would be used regularly (being a quintessential superweapon afterall), and as such if it was ever brought to bear the entire crew would be taking precaution.
Career Officer
# 17
10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
it does have a 5 min cool down doesnt it?? i cant remember however i do agree with the horrid look it needs to get the gym and shed some of that belly. However i would like to see more ships like this with interesting transformations and console abilities that change the way the ship works.
However i love the Ody and for that reason alone i disagree with everything you said lol i joke. you made valid points but i dont think this ship is going to be the downfall of all other ships first of all like you said its ugly as sin and not only that it might be versatile with the station settings but if you were going to outfit it with the only phaser tech buffs during that cool down your going to get wasted
Ketan Merious
Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
We want an Odyssey variant give us it
Captain
# 18
10-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I agree with the comments of the designs of the ships the kdf ships disruptor pods things extend too far you only need it a little to come out otherwise you ruin the design. The fed ship, yeah that looks like it was designed by a child and made pretty bad model wise ingame as the nacelles just look like they are from a different ship due to the way they look compared to the rest of the ship. It looks really bad.

It is like they thought hey lets just do ships for looks alone not if they could actual function in a real environment and have real functionality. I hate them type of ships and i feel sorry for the devs who think this way.

Last edited by cptskeeteruk; 10-15-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
10-15-2012, 11:45 AM
That really bothers me about the KDF Vet Ship, the design wasn't clearly thought out.

Because those how far those Disruptor Pods extend, and where they are located, where in the world is the Warp Core going to fit? Due to their length, there is literally no room for the Warp Core, so that means it would have to be located in the boom (neck), which is a very vulnerable spot on the ship.

And with it's junky exterior, I can't help but to think whoever designed this thing, did it on the fly and did it because "it looked good" instead of actually thinking about how it from a Trek design standpoint.

IMHO, if I designed this ship, I would've had the wings lower and reveal hidden cannons than some stupid pods popping up.

As for the Chimera, I like to know why the Nacelles extend during normal flight, but retract close together in Warp? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Captain
# 20
10-16-2012, 03:48 AM
It seems STO goes transformers. I have seen it in orther games to. The designers come up with some fancy things, yet you can see from a mile that it never can work that way.

You know this is a serious let down. I was thinking of buying an LTS, for the discount, all the good stuff and on top of that two cool ships, but after seeing this video I really have second thoughts. I will probably never use these ships.