Commander
# 21
10-16-2012, 10:21 AM
While I happen to actually like the look of the Odyssey, I do have to agree that the Chimera is something that makes me scratch my head and say ".....what?". I've played games with placement of engines, weapons, etc. that made even less sense, but at least the ship itself generally looked nice, but that secondary hull.....yeah I think your analogy about too much taco bell fits perfectly.

Though, on the blatancy of the pay to win model I'd suspect that's more PWE and less Cryptic as it follows the standard asian MMO cash shop model where if you've got the cash you can buy your "1337 itamz" and get a big advantage. Pre-PWE it was mostly gimmicks, stuff that looked cool, or something with a small advantage that wasn't anywhere near gamebreaking.
Career Officer
# 22
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
It seems STO goes transformers. I have seen it in orther games to. The designers come up with some fancy things, yet you can see from a mile that it never can work that way.

You know this is a serious let down. I was thinking of buying an LTS, for the discount, all the good stuff and on top of that two cool ships, but after seeing this video I really have second thoughts. I will probably never use these ships.
It doesn't seem any odder to me than Multi-Vector Assault.

It would make a bit more sense to me in a show if they indicated that connected parts are connected by lifts and transporters are the only way to move between the parts that move. As-is, we have to imagine that.
Commander
# 23
10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
It doesn't seem any odder to me than Multi-Vector Assault.

It would make a bit more sense to me in a show if they indicated that connected parts are connected by lifts and transporters are the only way to move between the parts that move. As-is, we have to imagine that.
Site to site transports for such a small ship seems wasteful to be honest...Cryptic screw up an ok ship concept in the end...I highly doubt Starfleet would have given this the green light.

MAkes me wonder...what happens to those who are sleeping in the sections that transform...middle of the night and your section is almost thrown to the side haha.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
# 24
10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
Site to site transports for such a small ship seems wasteful to be honest...Cryptic screw up an ok ship concept in the end...I highly doubt Starfleet would have given this the green light.

MAkes me wonder...what happens to those who are sleeping in the sections that transform...middle of the night and your section is almost thrown to the side haha.
Artifical Gravity is grand isn't it.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Career Officer
# 25
10-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post

It depends on how casual you think they are about it.

I always liked the (funny) idea that the reason the Enterprise only has one bathroom is because the ship beams all biological waste out of people so they never have to go.
Career Officer
# 26
10-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Pretty entertaining review, I'll give you that.

And about the Lotuses; On my Tactical I got it up to 5500 Damage Per pulse. I wasn't using APO nor did I have better than Mk 11 Blue phaser consoles, nor did I have 3 of the Battery Exocomps (which each add 10% all weapons damage on use of a Weapons Battery). I'm sure it could get up to 6500 damage per pulse (so 52000 Damage to 3 targets each, not accounting for criticals).
Career Officer
# 27
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Pretty entertaining review, I'll give you that.

And about the Lotuses; On my Tactical I got it up to 5500 Damage Per pulse. I wasn't using APO nor did I have better than Mk 11 Blue phaser consoles, nor did I have 3 of the Battery Exocomps (which each add 10% all weapons damage on use of a Weapons Battery). I'm sure it could get up to 6500 damage per pulse (so 52000 Damage to 3 targets each, not accounting for criticals).
Dumb question:

What if only one target is in range? Like a Borg Tactical Cube?
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
10-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Overview drones on and on. Got bored of listening to the pick-apart. It was like listening to a post to CapnLogan about Galaxy class window placement, with the level of minutia presented. Sorry, wasn't my cup of tea. COuldn't get past the halfway mark, I tried.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 10-16-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
10-16-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm impressed with the ship, it makes a decent upgrade from my old Galaxy-X functionality-wise (no cloak, the turn rate is a nice upgrade, and the phaser lotus is similar to the lance). I wasn't really feeling the Oddy, so I'm pretty happy with it.

I do wish that it came with the standard top-of-the-line 10 console slots though, as the fleet and grab bag ships have them and this should basically be in that class (lifetimers and long-time subscribers probably aren't all that common, right?). Right now, it still feels like I'm a tier behind equipment wise and I can live with that, but it would be icing on the cake to give us one more console slot.

The D'kora is fairly similar ship with 10 slots, except being more cruiser-like in style and stats. Plus the D'kora has dabo, the exchange, mail, and bank access, and other unique amenities, so why not toss us one more slot, pretty please?
Career Officer
# 30
10-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Dumb question:

What if only one target is in range? Like a Borg Tactical Cube?
It works like a split beam. Split Beams fire one pulse, but the pulse affects up to 3 targets. Similarly, the Singular Lotus Target will be affected by 8 normal pulses; It won't soak up all the "wasted damage".