Lieutenant
# 11
10-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Mhmm mostly the for the reasons listed above, is why I don't fly around in my Nebula. I love the Nebula don't get me wrong, but if the stats were updated and a better console was offered I might throw my main into it. Otherwise, I'm fine and happy in my Excelsior.

(My sig is devoted to my Intrepid, simply because I haven't made a little graphic for my Excelsior.)
Vice Admiral V'Lal, U.S.S. Nevada
Vice Admiral Ember Calar, U.S.S. Arirang
Lt. General Giselle N'Jeavu, I.K.S. Ka'Vagh
Vice Admiral Tel'ana, R.R.W. Falco Infernus
Rihannsu
# 12
10-11-2012, 09:42 AM
I have the fleet Nebula on my sci it's crazy tanky. With its sci commander and eng lt. comm. it's like a swiss army knife in PvE or PvP.

Built right it can out gun cruisers. But yea its console is junk, I use a subspace jumper insted.

I've switched part of its build to my Chimera now but I still love my fleet neb.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 13
10-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I still want to know how the ship moves at sublight speed, as, even the on air models shown on TNG and DS9 had no Impulse Engine visibale (and the STO Nebula model is true to that aspect as well)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Rihannsu
# 14
10-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I still want to know how the ship moves at sublight speed, as, even the on air models shown on TNG and DS9 had no Impulse Engine visibale (and the STO Nebula model is true to that aspect as well)
Rick Sternbach who designed the ship said this:
Quote:
One of the rationalizations I imagined ages ago for having no obvious impulse grilles involved capturing and compressing the impulse fusion reaction exhaust and later releasing it from special non-propulsive ports. If the Nebula class was employed in a stealthy surveillance mode, it would be smart to minimize all overboard emissions. Since most all ?modern? impulse engines involve little or no pure rocket thrust, but more of a sub-warp drive, one could say that the familiar orange Starfleet glowy exhausts could be modified or eliminated.
from: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/...#comment-14934
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 15
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Why the other 2 variants of the Nebula havent been offered is beyond me. It would make an excellent Mult-Role ship.
Career Officer
# 16
10-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I liked my nebula. It filled a very good fleet support role when I play with my friends as a healer engineer. That said, I freely admit to moving to the Sci Odyssey instead.

It boils down to play style. I wouldn't mind seeing/using the nebula more often. But a) it costs money (for new people to fly it), b) it takes a degree of effort to find the right build for it.

I still have mine, partly cause I don't like to discharge ships. Maybe I should drag it out for old time's sake, or maybe I should work towards the Fleet version.

Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form

Last edited by valiant797; 10-11-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Captain
# 17
10-11-2012, 04:22 PM
I adore the Neb, and almost made it my command ship (until I decided to cave into my childhood desires and go DNC).

And I think its a cute kitbash. No, liking the DNC is not related... I think.

I still feel that the Neb is the best healer in the game, even with all the newfangled ships out there. Its low turn rate isn't as painful as a cruiser, its uni slots and Eng focus allows me to slot EPtS, Aux2SIF, ES and RSP and still pack enough HE, TSS and PH. Perfect for a dps/healer role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 18
10-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't mind trying a Nebula Class. However doing a Sci role character isn't on my list yet. As I want to do a Tactical next. After that I will plan on doing the Sci one. First to finish my Eng character.
Captain
# 19
10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Agreed. The Nebula is stunning in how terrible it looks. I love the Galaxy-class' aesthetics. The Nebula looks like a squashed down kitbash of the Galaxy with some ugly looking doodad on top of it. It took what was a really elegant and graceful looking ship and made it ugly.
The nebula is a TNG-ified Miranda.

Start with a Galaxy saucer as the base. Add "mission pod" instead of rollbar & photon launcher block. Drop 2 nacelles off the port/starboard bottom of the saucer. Skip back end changes as Galaxy class saucer has integrated impulse drives & shuttlebay. Nebula.

The looks aren't too bad. It's probably, to me, the "best update" of a TOS/TMP ship to TNG aesthetics. As I said, it's the console and BOff layout that turn me off of that ship.
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Captain
# 20
10-11-2012, 04:56 PM
My shopping list for account wide ships are: DNC for cruiser, Armitage for esc, Atrox for sci, and waiting on a destroyer-type vessel (or the 4th class that Feds may get), or the Neb.

Hopefully, fleet upgrades exist for all of them, eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.