Survivor of Romulus
# 31
10-23-2012, 08:26 AM
now Curiosity has the better of me here and this is prolly not a good idea but I would LOVE to see a 5 man PVP Nebula team.... just to see what happened

so in the spirit of the holidays lets try and get a 5 man all nebula PVP team together just to see how it would perform.... might be interesting seeing the different takes from a tac perspective and an engineer perspective....... but 5 Nebulas on a 5man team COULD be something scarey or ot could flop and be a waste of time either way it would make for a fun experiment

(runs off to the labooratory to run some experiments giggling like an evil genius)
Lieutenant
# 32
10-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Mine is currently set up as a torp boat/mine layer. It lets me run weapon power low and shield/engine/aux high. Its an experiment, first and foremost right now, but its fun for sure. I'm debating what sci powers to slot, atm. Also, I'm testing it in different inter-fleet experiments.

I'm using it as an offensive support craft right now, draining shields big time and throwing torps and mines (and not necessarily loltrics either) everywhere.
Rihannsu
# 33
10-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
now Curiosity has the better of me here and this is prolly not a good idea but I would LOVE to see a 5 man PVP Nebula team.... just to see what happened

so in the spirit of the holidays lets try and get a 5 man all nebula PVP team together just to see how it would perform.... might be interesting seeing the different takes from a tac perspective and an engineer perspective....... but 5 Nebulas on a 5man team COULD be something scarey or ot could flop and be a waste of time either way it would make for a fun experiment

(runs off to the labooratory to run some experiments giggling like an evil genius)
Well it wasn't five Nebulas but last night my fleet assembled a PvP team, we had three Scis and two Engs, our fleet was my fleet Nebula, a fleet Recon Sci, a Fleet Galaxy, a Tactical Oddy, and a Fleet Research Retrofit. We played about 8 games of both Arena and Cap and Hold (against fed and KDF) and our worst arena score was a 15 to 8 victory for our side, most of the others were a 15 to 1 or 2. The cap and holds were not even close, the Klingons who played several matches with us just started avoiding any ship with Proteus above it all together.

Basically what happened was we would hold you, disable your systems and shoot you in the face.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 34
10-23-2012, 03:34 PM
I look forward to joining the ranks of Nebula-class owners...

... as soon as the next C-Store sale happens so I can afford my shopping list...
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
10-24-2012, 04:39 AM
I've finally just saved or for a Nebula, or rather the Magellan. They're both awesome ships and I hope to be flying mine for some time.
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
10-24-2012, 06:13 AM
well contact me in game at @GaiusKerensky and maybe we can put the nebula team together for some awesome killing in the Arenas
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
10-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Agreed. The Nebula is stunning in how terrible it looks. I love the Galaxy-class' aesthetics. The Nebula looks like a squashed down kitbash of the Galaxy with some ugly looking doodad on top of it. It took what was a really elegant and graceful looking ship and made it ugly.
That's because it IS a kitbash. Personally, I like the looks of the <i>Nebula</i>-class. There's just something sleek and sexy about them. Wouldn't be caught dead flying a science ship, but still, sexy. They were originally going to be used to recover <i>Galaxy</i> saucers, but it was decided to use some of the same components to make a cheaper, mission-adaptable science vessel. And I'm sorry, I HATE the way the <i>Galaxy</i> looks. From some angles is looks great, but from others . . . It just screams "easy target, please shoot me."
Lieutenant
# 38
10-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah, the Nebula was essentially created out of spare parts which, fortunately enough, created a pretty damned good science vessel. It had pretty amazing sensor capabilities, it was agile, and carried a ton of photon torps.
Captain
# 39
10-24-2012, 03:02 PM
I always got the impression that the Nebula and the Galaxy were supposed to essentially have the same role as the Miranda and Constitution - many structural similarities, probably some structural modules in common, etc.

I always thought of the Nebula as being a "budget Galaxy" - able to do 80% of the same work for something like 60% of the cost. This is pretty evident on the Miranda. However, with the Nebula class, it may be disputable, especially considering the massive top-mounted module it can carry. Considering the sheer size and utility of it I could see it being able to RADICALLY alter the capability set and mission abilities of the Nebula in ways the Galaxy class couldn't even hope to match.
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
it is nice to see others in here that feel the same way I do about this much overlooked Ship, and as I have been proving to the non-believers that I run into in PVP and STF's it is a quite capable ship.... and easily comparable to the latest new toys with just a LITTLE tweaking here and there along the way.....

I feel that once more people catch on to how useful the Nebula really is we will start seeing them more often in PVP and STF's

just my 2 strips of latinums worth