Career Officer
# 1 Decisions, Decisions
10-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Cant quite decide which ship to stick with. The 1000-day reward was... ok. The Temproal mirror destroyer was interesting, but I miss the look and feel of my Raptor.

(stats from stowiki - there may be some errors!)

Fleet Qin Heavy Raptor: I.K.S. Ma'veq
  • Hull: 36,300
  • Standard Shields: 4,807 (Mk X)
  • Shield Modifier: 0.92
  • Weapons: Fore 4 Aft 3
  • Crew: 200
  • Bridge Officers: Ens Tac (1), Lt. Eng (2), Lt Sci (2), Lt. Cmdr Tac (3), Cmdr Tac (4)
  • Device Slots: 2
  • Consoles (10): tac 4, eng 4, sci 2
  • Turn Rate: 15 (NOTE: Bad pivot point makes this worse!)
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.20
  • Bonus Power: +15 weapons power
  • Abilities: Cloak, Can equip dual cannons.

Krenn Temporal Destroyer: A.K.S. Hegh'bat
  • Hull: 33,000
  • Standard Shields: 5,381 (Mk X)
  • Shield Modifier: 1.05
  • Crew: 250
  • Bridge Officers: Ens Sci (1), Lt. Tac (2), Lt UNIVERSAL (2), Lt. Cmdr UNIVERSAL (3), Cmdr Tac (4)
  • Device Slots: 3
  • Consoles (10): tac 4, eng 2, sci 4
  • Turn Rate: 15
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.2
  • Bonus Power: +10 weapons power, +5 auxiliary power
  • Abilities: Can equip dual cannons
  • Manheim Device: Universal Console
    Summons 2 duplicates. Creates future and past quantum duplicates of your ship. (duplicates are based on basic version of ship and equipped as such) Any hull damage or healing your past duplicate receives is also received by you. Any hull damage or healing you recieve is also recieved by the future duplicate. 5 min recharge.
  • Tipler Cylinder: Universal Console (From Korath temporal Sci ship)
    13 second "backstep" time rewind. Heals hull and shields, makes you immune to damage, moves you backwards
    (If you also have a Manheim Device equipped, activating the Temporal Backstep will also cause all nearby foes to freeze in time until the sequence has ended.)

Peghqu' Heavy Destroyer: I.K.S. Qur
  • Hull: 34,500
  • Standard Shields: 4,248 (Mk X)
  • Shield Modifier: 0.833
  • Crew: 750
  • Bridge Officers: Ens UNIVERSAL (1), Lt. Eng (2), Lt Sci (2), Lt. Cmdr UNIVERSAL (3), Cmdr Tac (4)
  • Device Slots: 3
  • Consoles (9): tac 4, eng 3, sci 2
  • Turn Rate: 14
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.22
  • Bonus Power: +10 weapons power (need to confirm!)
  • Abilities: Can equip dual cannons, Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive (Transwarp faster, longer), Battle Cloak, Tachyon Inversion Beam (Requires Regenerative Mode), Disruptor Lotus (Requires Tactical Mode)
  • Regenerative Mode (innate)
    Regenerative Mode (Innate): +5 Auxiliary Power, +30 Starship Shield Systems
  • Dynamic Tactical System: Universal Console
    Tactical Mode (Disables Regenerative Mode, +5 Weapon power, +30 Starship Targeting Systems)

For me, the Manheim is a HUGE risk, but I felt fairly powerful in the Krenn. The Peghqu's Tac mode doesn't feel quite powerful enough, and survivability feels far too low (though I may have just been taking risks too big, as playing the Krenn with a Tipler console will get you in the habbit of)

Welcoming any and all advice!
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-4-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 10-11-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
10-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Personally I kind of think the new Peghqu', is pretty much a Raptor with battle cloak and a much better hull. So between the two, i'd stick with the Peghqu'. However the Temporal Destroyer is nice but you do miss out on the cloak. So if honestly that doesn't bother you go with the Temporal Destroyer.

On a side note i'd look into getting better shields. MK X is pretty weak and MK XI are pretty available by replaying some missions. (Unless of course you did that for comparison purposes, to which case ignore my comment.)

On my tactical captain I was flying the Heavy BoP and switched instantly to the Peqhqu' because compared to the BoP it's just far superior.
Career Officer
# 3
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
The shields listed are from the stowiki stats - they use base Mk X shields to illustrate the shield multiplier. I use Aegis at the moment, but I'll likely nab Omega Mk XII when I feel I'm ready for Elites.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 4-4-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.