Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #1
10-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Content Designer Chris Dods shares details about the upcoming Into the Hive STF in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Community Moderator
# 2
10-11-2012, 12:02 PM
New STF! WooHoo! Looks pretty awesome, but it's a shame there'll be no space element to it from how it looks.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.

Last edited by tobar26th; 10-11-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
10-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Agreed. Looks great , but truly hoping there is a space element here somewhere.
# 4
10-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Agreed. Looks great , but truly hoping there is a space element here somewhere.
It's a ground mission

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Which means alot of people wont do it because alot of people dont like ground, should of made both.
Career Officer
# 6
10-11-2012, 12:12 PM
No space segment? Not even a really cool shuttle infiltration mission?
@HyperLimited
# 7
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Career Officer
# 8
10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It's a ground mission

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Still super excited to get a new STF, obviously, but is there any insight as to why all the other STFs have a Space and a ground version, yet this new one is only going to be ground ?
Just wondering if that decision process can be shared ?

EDIT : Also , I am very happy to be seeing the start of Season 7 news
Community Moderator
# 9
10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
No space segment? Not even a really cool shuttle infiltration mission?
I must admit as I read it I thought "Awesome, another five person shuttle mission " and then i read on...now I prefer ground STFs, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to find people to do them with. I'm just hoping it's something awesome
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
# 10
10-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Still super excited to get a new STF, obviously, but is there any insight as to why all the other STFs have a Space and a ground version, yet this new one is only going to be ground ?
Just wondering if that decision process can be shared ?
When they (Infected, The Cure, Khitomer Accord) were originally developed, they were one mission with space and ground portions. When they were remastered, space and ground versions were made. Into the Hive is about infiltrating the Unimatrix and confronting the Borg Queen -- we developed it to take you right into the heart of the action.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=