Lt. Commander
# 101
10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Its been stated more than once that more blogs are coming with a lot more information. This may be the single most anticipated piece of content with the new patch and...i'm disappointed.

I was hoping for a major league STF simular to the original Star Trek Movie where the Enterprise flys into V'ger.

Ground STF's are insanely difficult. With a timegate that requires an almost unfathomable amount of DPS. I've got dominion set gear and i honestly dont think its enough how quickly i die in there. I hope this is a more balanced game on normal/elite because if its like the previous ground. Its not going to be played much and a lot are going to be disappointed.

Ground STF's arent played as much because of what it takes to get the job done. Its a lot harder than space in terms of equipment and skillpoints spent. Have fun...i guess i wont be taking part in this.
Career Officer
# 102
10-12-2012, 01:02 PM
FYI -

"Cryptic" Ton = 3

"Cryptic" A lot = 2
Captain
# 103
10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
Its been stated more than once that more blogs are coming with a lot more information. This may be the single most anticipated piece of content with the new patch and...i'm disappointed.

I was hoping for a major league STF simular to the original Star Trek Movie where the Enterprise flys into V'ger.

Ground STF's are insanely difficult. With a timegate that requires an almost unfathomable amount of DPS. I've got dominion set gear and i honestly dont think its enough how quickly i die in there. I hope this is a more balanced game on normal/elite because if its like the previous ground. Its not going to be played much and a lot are going to be disappointed.

Ground STF's arent played as much because of what it takes to get the job done. Its a lot harder than space in terms of equipment and skillpoints spent. Have fun...i guess i wont be taking part in this.
Oddly, it seems that the way to survive in Ground STFs is to do space STFs until you can get Mk XI Ground sets then do Ground STFs.

As for me, if it's fun, the rewards are good, and the changes/additions to STF rewards are nice (with the whole reputation thing...) then eh, I'll do it a few times.

But I'm looking forward to the adventure zone, I've wanted an excuse to bring a boff with me somewhere for months.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 104
10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Nice, one night when I have enough time to try it. I would love to tangle with the Borg Queen. As it being ground. I love it along with space action. Looking forward to this and other features for Season 7.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 105
10-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingahead View Post
FYI -

"Cryptic" Ton = 3

"Cryptic" A lot = 2
Get ready to redefine the Pingahead Dictionary

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 106
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
At the risk of being opportunistic, I'd really like to invite some of the folks in this thread to play my Foundry mission. If you're wanting some into the hive-style space action, check it out.

You might have to turn down some settings. But, if you're after intense space combat on a Borg-like version of the Vault, there it is.

It might nicely complement this stf.

So, yeah, please see sig if you're angry that this stf is ground-only.
Republic Veteran
# 107
10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Get ready to redefine the Pingahead Dictionary

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Challenge accepted

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 108
10-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leosg1 View Post
Star fleet being fighting the Borg for decades and still have not develop any better ground weapons that don't need re-modulation, come on!! is time to get us some superior equipment to fight the enemies that don't need re-modulation every 2 seconds.
Don't use a minigun, then you won't have to remodulate every 2 seconds. If you are using the Omega-Set, don't use the secondary firemode first...
Lieutenant
# 109
10-13-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post

The problem is you're using the Dominion set. Which is most useful against Dominion forces and only marginally useful against anything else. The ground STF's (even the Elite versions) for the most part are pretty easy. From my own experience since beta, the ground portions aren't played as much not because they're difficult. But because they're not space.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 110
10-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Surprise http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31#post6250331

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
I am right. Dodds is finishing up the Space portion of the STF secretely and we haven't told Brandon yet

But Brandon is right in that "Into the Hive" refers to the ground portion of the STF. The space portion will probably have its own name.

It is a face off against the Borg Queen diamond as well as some other challenges at one of the unimatrix complexes. It is pretty awesome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment