Starfleet Veteran
# 61
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Because they will not stop at there, give a hand and they will take a arm.

I read this same request but what did it also wanted? the Borg set pieces to be "exclusive" to the "classic STF", eventually the "classic STF" would be the real deal with the actual rewards as the rewamp STFs would be for LOL N00bs to "train", the forums dont give me exactly a nice picture of the Elite STF players.
Do not judge a player base by its forum users. You do a lot of people a great discredit with such generalizations. There is a good reason I don't involve myself on here much any more... It's done my sanity a world of good.
Rihannsu
# 62
10-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Well, KA lost a whole ground section.
It also lost Borg Death Patrols and gained God Damn Turrets.

Also it missing one gate (hardly a whole ground section), I suppose you enjoy seeing new players panic and quit because they had no idea what to do on normal, as a anecdote I completed this more time on Elite (2) that in Normal (1).

Quote:
IMHO, at this point, what we need are trailers explaining what the heck is going on in each STF, accessible from the Omega Force office on DS9.
Look as Janeway said, "whatever brings more death and despair" when asked about the Prime Directive.

Story exists to justify the genocides we commit in the game, the Borg are neither Federation or KDF because they are a bunch of cheaters and hackers going around with their super ships and with their fancy "I adapt to the void of space" shields and of course we cannot have none of that, so we kill then to show them even if they are hackers and cheaters we are better, also so we can loot their corpses and steal their stuff.

Even Cryptic agrees because they sell the Borg women into slavery on the Zen Store, heck if you dump a lot of cash you can even play as a "liberated Borg", also know as "Borg that realized Fed and KDF are better" or "Janeway was right".

So I only NEED to know the story when I am in front of a court martial trying to explain why the heck I blown up that Borg Civilian Relief Ship, not before.
Captain
# 63
10-11-2012, 03:37 PM
You guys stole your plot from my foundry mission!

Quote:
you can upload a fractal virus to the Collective that will disrupt her communications with the rest of the Collective.
Yeah ok, just kidding.
Career Officer
# 64
10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Ground only? Really?

Because most people in STO love space combat and only do ground if pushed upon them?

I've been looking forward to this for over 2 years, and now that it's here, it's only the crappy half that made it! Sux big time
Captain
# 65
10-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I have to agree on a negetive point being it is ground only, but more because of how ground combat actually works at endgame than becuase ground is inherently a bad idea. Gonna do a big post on this at some point.
Captain
# 66
10-11-2012, 03:53 PM
so how many blogs are we going to see before season 7 release's ? , same as season 6 or more ?
Career Officer
# 67
10-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leosg1 View Post
Star fleet being fighting the Borg for decades and still have not develop any better ground weapons that don't need re-modulation, come on!! is time to get us some superior equipment to fight the enemies that don't need re-modulation every 2 seconds.
This 100%! Give us some P90s and a blocks of C4 and we can topple empires!
Career Officer
# 68
10-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
hmm... if it was destroyed before, and rebuild again, so we go now to destroy it again, how can this be a final blow to the Borg? They will just rebuild it all again.
Explains how/why we have to play the STF over and over, eh?
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 69
10-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
That would mean over one hour missions, do you want a hour long mission were so many things can and will go wrong?
I can tell you if the have a noraml and elite - the first few weeks this mission WILL be 1 hour long if you pug!! And that's IF you are able to complete it!! The ground pugs are bad - but man or man a new one - wow that is going to be horrendous during the first while - with everyone who has not done a ground coming in with green gear on and dying every 2 seconds and having no heals. Fun Fun Fun.

Yes yes - stf channel, pre-mades and all that stuff. Just saying.

Last edited by levi3; 10-11-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Captain
# 70
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I think people need to remeber that unimatrix 01 is /was simply unimatrix ONE. Theres nothign in cannon saying there aren't other lesser unimatrix's. From what i read in the dev blog it sounds like where going after a lesser unimatrix that the borg queen just happens to have turned up at.