Rihannsu
# 81
10-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
Ground only? Really?

Because most people in STO love space combat and only do ground if pushed upon them?

I've been looking forward to this for over 2 years, and now that it's here, it's only the crappy half that made it! Sux big time
REally? I like ground more than space, it's just more fun to me.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 82
10-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So does that mean the level cap is going up, since there'll be plenty of content to fill it out?
Career Officer
# 83
10-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Yes yes yes... but more important: When is tribbe test period (when we have all the features at once)...

Makes more sense to test it while everything can mess other things up...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 84
10-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I'm really excited about this upcoming STF. Can't wait to play it with my dedicated STF folks.

I also agree that the story progress of the current STFs is totally ruined and don't make much sense. Especially Khitomer Accord seems so broken, without all the damaged borg ships entering the time vortex and explaining why you were in the tutorial able to defeat the borg.

I think if you could implement story trailer to each STFs and explain the situation, that'd make a lot more sense than a pop-up window of your BOFF that nobody bothers to read. Think of the Alerts from Champions Online, like of Hi-Pan and why he attempts to become the greatest magician on earth and heaven. Another example is Therakiel's Temple raid, where Robert Caliburn, the hero, leads the player character through the story to explain what the heck is going on.

And in addition to the above paragraph, add a skip option of trailers if everyone agrees to. So the people who want to rush through only to get the loot won't be bored and loose precious time.

p.s.: 29th century borg queen maybe, since the borg might have opened a temporal lockbox?

=Δ= 12th Fleet, Engineering Division, Fleet Captain =Δ=
Rihannsu
# 85
10-12-2012, 01:08 AM
bwahahahah two years in the making for half an stf, ground only....wow

sry fail
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 86
10-12-2012, 01:58 AM
I don't really play ground stfs that much. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who do. My "problem" is not the ground mission itself but the continuing Borg focus. I think most of the people would like to see STF like missions who do not involve fighting the Borg but for example the Iconians, the Romulans or the Tholians.

I understand there will be a space STF involving Tholians coming up with season 7? I hope this marks a swich of focus. There's really to much Borg in the game right now.
Commander
# 87
10-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
bwahahahah two years in the making for half an stf, ground only....wow

sry fail

your post is a fail. Who said they were working on a new stf the whole time (for 2 years) ? There were other things that had priority obviously.
What ? Calaway.
Career Officer
# 88
10-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I should note that there are a TON of space missions releasing with Season 7! More dev blogs soon

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Very cool! I actually tried my first space STF a little while ago and I honestly preferred that to the ground STF missions [maybe because, in space, I wasn't constantly clicking my "Frequency Remodulator"...] so I'm eager to play more of 'em.

Speaking of Season 7, has a release date been set yet?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Rihannsu
# 89
10-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
your post is a fail. Who said they were working on a new stf the whole time (for 2 years) ? There were other things that had priority obviously.
The engineering reports and Gozer's (aka archived user) posts are your friends. INto the Hive and Children of Khan has been worked at for even longer then the PvP leaderboards, F@W fix and the cloak bug.

As brandon correctly pointed out, back then all STFs consist of a space and a ground section. They also had some story to it...but hey. Lets not think that into the hive will be a rushed half done job before it hits tribble. See ya there

Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Starfleet Veteran
# 90
10-12-2012, 04:41 AM
Meow, any chance of Borg Diamonds appearing in space mobs sumtime soon?
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010