Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lieutenant
All that talk of chroniton and it only gets boosts from tricobalt tactical devices. wtf??? Any thoughts???
Lieutenant
# 2
10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
It makes no sense really, even more so when factored in with the theme of the item and the set bonus...
Career Officer
# 3
10-12-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm guessing 2 things:

1. They simply copied the code and tweaked it.

2. They thought the Temporal set 2 pc would make it OP. (?) In reality, it wouldn't make it any more OP than using a Tric console with a tric.

The thing is, I am of the opinion that if they did switch it to Chroniton (instead of Tricobalt), Sales would go p more. It's not a bad device (albeit UBER slow) but it has a much smaller cooldown (20 seconds, iirc)

Also, a side effect of them simply useing the Tricobalt for the template is that it comes with all the mis-firing bull**** that plagues the Tricobalt. All too often it goes into cooldown without firing off. VERY annoying, especially in light of the fact I had to surrender a perfectly-good HarghPeng (that ALWAYS works) just to get the 2 pc. bonus.

In any case, I agree with the OP. C'mon developers - make it chroniton!

Last edited by badname834854; 10-12-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Lieutenant
# 4
10-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
I'm guessing 2 things:

1. They simply copied the code and tweaked it.

2. They thought the Temporal set 2 pc would make it OP. (?) In reality, it wouldn't make it any more OP than using a Tric console with a tric.

The thing is, I am of the opinion that if they did switch it to Chroniton (instead of Tricobalt), Sales would go p more. It's not a bad device (albeit UBER slow) but it has a much smaller cooldown (20 seconds, iirc)

Also, a side effect of them simply useing the Tricobalt for the template is that it comes with all the mis-firing bull**** that plagues the Tricobalt. All too often it goes into cooldown without firing off. VERY annoying, especially in light of the fact I had to surrender a perfectly-good HarghPeng (that ALWAYS works) just to get the 2 pc. bonus.

In any case, I agree with the OP. C'mon developers - make it chroniton!
This sums it up exactly, thanks.